Gransnet forums

News & politics

Three word slogan to help Labour and Lib Dems and SNP

(71 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 19-Feb-20 10:03:29

An amusing thread was started ( to ‘help’ the Conservative government) so in the spirit of fairness, how about three word slogans to ‘help’ ALL the other Parties.
Be inventive ?

lemongrove Thu 20-Feb-20 21:45:13

I don’t think much of the slogan ‘please do chewy’ ?

grannyticktock Thu 20-Feb-20 21:47:04

I thought the point of the original thread (three-word slogans for Boris) was because he has shown a preference for short sound-bites with very little meaning or truth, repeated ad nauseam: "Get Brexit Done!" "Oven-ready Brexit" "Forty hospitals!" etc. He and Cummings avoid rational discussion or scrutiny of their policies and simply keep repeating these trite slogans. So trying to set up a reciprocal set of slogans for other parties is rather a meaningless exercise, as they usually express their policies more thoughtfully, coherently and credibly.

lemongrove Thu 20-Feb-20 21:53:12

LP: Loadsa jam tomorrow!

LibDems: Jam pretty soon

Greens: Jam is unhealthy

SNP: Scots jam only!

Chewbacca Thu 20-Feb-20 21:54:46

as they usually express their policies more thoughtfully, coherently and credibly.

But clearly not thoughtfully, coherently or credibly enough to get elected.

Chewbacca Thu 20-Feb-20 21:56:51

SNP kilts for all
LP sandals for all
Greens plants for all
Lib Dems you're getting nothing

lemongrove Thu 20-Feb-20 21:58:18

What a sanctimonious post grannytick..... you had better hurry off back to the other thread before you become infected by light heartedness.?

Any political party can be sent up btw

Callistemon Thu 20-Feb-20 22:35:23

Chewbacca grin

Callistemon Thu 20-Feb-20 22:38:16

Grandad

At Long Last
We're getting bored
Roll on April

Callistemon Thu 20-Feb-20 22:39:40

April?
Not Until Then?

grannyticktock Fri 21-Feb-20 14:49:42

Lemongrove, of course any party can be sent up, but the three-word slogan is Boris's chosen style of debate, so it's much wittier and more apt to apply it to him. Also, he's in power, and thus fair game for satire. The main opposition parties are not only powerless but leaderless right now, so I would think they're hardly worth taking pot-shots at, as they're rather vague and flabby targets. But we all get our fun in different ways!

trisher Fri 21-Feb-20 16:12:18

Can I cheat and not count a number as a word?
5 years of this?

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 16:24:06

Weeeeeellll, yes, you can have a number trisher ?
Although it could be 10 years of this.

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 16:26:47

grannytick do you have a sense of humour? Or are you such an avid LP LIB DEM SNP or GREEN voter that you can’t bear to send them up?
Go on, surprise yourself and do a slogan.....failing that, go on the other thread ( I have) and do one there.

trisher Fri 21-Feb-20 16:33:15

OMG lemon aren't the storms and corona virus enough do you have to depress me more???

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 16:41:42

LP: Bring Back Flogging ( a dead horse, that is, JC on shadow front bench!)

SNP: Gie’us More Money!

Greens: All By Myself ( Sung by Caroline Lucas)

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 16:44:01

grin Cheer up trisher....we may all be playing our harp on a cloud by then.

grannyticktock Fri 21-Feb-20 16:49:08

I have already contributed to the other thread, Lemongrove. You might not find it funny - as I said, we all get our fun in different ways!

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 17:20:43

I must go take at look at your slogans then ( on the other thread) as you are unwilling to participate on this one.
Remember, nobody has to contribute to a thread, but it always amuses me that a poster will return again and again to a thread they claim not to like.?

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 17:26:42

Times up, chumps!

lemongrove Fri 21-Feb-20 17:29:02

Does that go for all the parties above ananimous ??