Gransnet forums

News & politics

Do we tend to ignore the true facts ?

(131 Posts)
Wiltshiregran Sun 23-Feb-20 20:00:46

On these pages over the last 12 months there has been a considerable anti Labour campaign.

Yet, During the last 50 years we have had 10 Conservative PM's and 5 Labour PM's . During the 50 yr period the Conservatives have been in charge of the economy and infrastructure for 32 years, 64% of the period and Labour only for 18 years.
The worst crises in the 50 yrs being in the 90's under Thatcher when on Black Wednesday UK interest rates shot up to 15%.
It makes me wonder why there was so much anti against Labour rather than the Tories on Gransnet prior to the GE, was it due to Tabloid brainwashing propaganda or true life experiences or just sheer prejudice or the Corbyn syndrome ?

varian Fri 28-Feb-20 20:01:26

That lovely blue passport will cheer you up as you queue in a long line of aliens at a European airport.

GagaJo Fri 28-Feb-20 20:17:08

Absolutely.

trisher Sat 29-Feb-20 12:33:58

I don't think some of you appreciate how this will see the return of true British values and traditions. How we will once gain be able to queue and not pass through in an untidy clump like those from the EU do. And it will be. proper orderly queue with no foreigners in it!

varian Sat 29-Feb-20 13:07:27

We will be with the other foreigners from the rest of the world in the queue, not with the Europeans we are trying to distance ourselves from.

GagaJo Sat 29-Feb-20 13:18:50

Hahahaha. Trisher.

We will Varian. As I have been going in and out of Switzerland (non-EU). I queued for 45 minutes to get OUT last time I went home. 3 men missed their flights due to the long queue. And as for coming back in (I live here at the moment), THAT was over an hour. Screaming children, irritable non English speakers. If I didn't have to travel for work, I wouldn't bother.