Gransnet forums

News & politics

Diane Abbott quits the shadow cabinet.

(334 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 23:10:50

She’s stepping down, no matter who is selected as the next leader of the Labour Party.

I think it’s a vote catcher quite honestly.

ananimous Wed 26-Feb-20 20:57:48

Jesus loves you.

Ramblingrose22 Wed 26-Feb-20 20:58:43

I missed this thread when it started.

Urmstongran or anyone else who knows the answer - why is Diane Abbott leaving the Shadow cabinet a vote catcher, please?

Anniebach Wed 26-Feb-20 20:59:21

Good grief grandad43 if someone starts a thread on a topic
which is of interest to you then you would contribute etc

With respect that was so pompous

Chewbacca Wed 26-Feb-20 21:02:33

Completely agree with you Greymar, but getting some people to acknowledge that it doesn't matter what political party you cleave to, basing your opinions based on the colour of their skin, the way they speak or look, or how their name sounds, is racist. There's been a LOT of whataboutery on here from some people who have tried to justify it. It doesn't matter how long Diane Abbott or Priti Patel have been in office; the racism one has been subjected to does not trump the other.

ananimous Wed 26-Feb-20 21:13:59

satire
/ˈsatʌɪə/

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I guess that's my broad mind crashing up against a lack of vocabulary.

ananimous Wed 26-Feb-20 21:23:08

Diane Abbott -
Nothing is made in the UK these days.
I just bought a TV and it said "Built in antenna" - I don't even know where the hell that is.

ananimous Wed 26-Feb-20 21:24:20

grin Fake news.

tickingbird Wed 26-Feb-20 21:46:07

Judging by some of Dianne Abbott’s tv appearances I doubt she knows where she is!