Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Johnson getting bored?

(207 Posts)
Daisymae Fri 28-Feb-20 13:42:50

It occurred to me yesterday that we have seen little of the PM in recent days. Not as if anything much is happening, what with serious flooding, an international health crisis and now the stock markets in freefall. I wondered if perhaps he is getting bored with the tedium of being PM? Before this weeks PMQs he has not been seen in public for 12 days. Perhaps is OK for him to be holed up in Chequers over the weekend? What do you think??

SirChenjin Tue 10-Mar-20 14:40:43

Very interesting link varian thank you

varian Tue 10-Mar-20 14:37:55

We should already be worried that we have a known liar for PM.

Dorothy Byrne, who has been the head of Channel 4 news for 17 years pointed this out in her Mactaggart lecture last year. She is now leaving to set up a fact-based podcast company.

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/channel-4-news-dorothy-byrne-stepping-down-1-6553501

SirChenjin Tue 10-Mar-20 10:17:06

Hopefully he’s now come to realise what an absolutely idiotic thing that was to say in March.

You have to worry about this man’s intelligence and critical thinking abilities.

Grany Tue 10-Mar-20 10:07:45

Dr Alex Gates
@dr_alex_gates
‘Perhaps we could take it on the chin and allow the disease to spread through the population’

Boris Johnson, 9th March 2020

not exactly words you hope to ever hear come out of your Prime Minister’s mouth.

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 17:37:38

I’m prepared take your word for it lemon as a Stan Laurel aficionado - I’ve not had the urge to watch one smile

lemongrove Sun 08-Mar-20 17:28:37

jura au contraire, I think you do take pleasure in saying it.
You have no idea what may be done to help the North in the next few years.

lemongrove Sun 08-Mar-20 17:26:24

Never seen Laurel and Hardy films SirC ? You must, a real treat.
‘It certainly is’ and ‘ it certainly will’ and ‘as sure as night follows day’ are two of Laurel’s sayings.?

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 12:43:22

Won't be long until those in the poorest regions, who went against generations of voting Labour- will see how they have been played. No Deal will sadly and tragically devastate those very regions, like the NE. I take NO pleasure in saing this.

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 12:24:41

Stan Laurel was way before my time - but if you understand your reference then jolly good!

Yes, as I said, you got exactly what you wanted and voted for. Poor lambs.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 12:22:44

''A few months for any government is not something you can judge, it would be ridiculous to do so in fact.''

a few months is all we have got lemon.

lemongrove Sun 08-Mar-20 12:05:50

SirC you sound like Stan Laurel.?

Got what we wanted....as in kept Corbyn out, tbh that was good enough for me, as he is finished now.

A few months for any government is not something you can judge, it would be ridiculous to do so in fact.

As for ‘hiding’ behind coronovirus, that is a beyond daft statement seeing as how it could devastate the economy of the UK as well as the whole of Europe and many other parts of the world.

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 11:54:48

Or night even!

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 11:54:31

It’s coming jura, as sure as might follows day.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:51:55

he/they will blame coronavirus for their failings - saying they had everything beautifully planned for the perfect Brexit and the perfect Deal... but coronav got in the way of their brilliance.

Watch it happen ...

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 11:51:01

It certainly will jura! Let’s not worry too much about the hole Boris is currently digging for the UK, Carrie has a pretty, sparkly ring!

POGS Sun 08-Mar-20 11:47:00

'hiding behind coronavirus ...'
----
Sigh.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:45:41

ah pheeew, GG13 - that will save us, for sure

SirChenjin Sun 08-Mar-20 11:44:49

Yes - we know you’ve got exactly what you wanted grin. I hope things improve for you, it can’t be easy watching Boris et al make such a car crash arse of things in such a short space of time.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:42:05

well, the way this Government is acting and behaving- makes it very easy to 'bash' indeed. Nonsense, incompetence, ridiculous posturing and backtracking on every promise made- hiding behind coronavirus ...

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:41:59

Mind you the close up of Carrie Symonds antique emerald engagement ring at the rugby yesterday showed us that they have good taste in jewellery.?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:40:37

Lemongrove I am also avoiding the same old Government bashing threads predictable same old same old hyperbole.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:39:18

''many of us can be bothered with political threads at the moment, having got what we wanted''

careful what you wish for- what have you got so far???

lemongrove Sun 08-Mar-20 11:36:09

Yes, illustrative that not many of us can be bothered with political threads at the moment, having got what we wanted
With Brexit going ahead and a Conservative government ((had to keep Corbyn and McDonnell out at all costs.)?
I am happy to let the government get on with things and at the moment it also has the coronavirus to deal with.
I have a look at these threads now and again and see it’s just made up from the same few (disgruntled) posters.
Ah well, carry on carrying on!?

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:26:31

So called 'political' threads are getting shorter and shorter- as not even his best supporters just can't find excuses for him anymore. Very 'illustrative'.

jura2 Sun 08-Mar-20 10:50:15

Why does the Labour election for new Leader have to take soooooooooooo long!?! We need effective and intelligent opposition NOW. I so hope Keir will soon be in charge and make mincemeat of buffoon Johnson and try and salvage something from this great country.