Gransnet forums

News & politics

Has there been another announcement tonight?

(73 Posts)
Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 17:21:54

Please does anybody know.

suziewoozie Mon 06-Apr-20 18:38:57

I used to like David Cameron’s voice ... he could ‘do’ sincere very well

Calendargirl Mon 06-Apr-20 18:35:05

Oh, just realised SW Matt Hancock, silly me!

Calendargirl Mon 06-Apr-20 18:33:52

SW

Who is MH?

?

suziewoozie Mon 06-Apr-20 18:28:16

I think DR has got one of those voices. He doesn’t inspire confidence in me - I’d rather MH

Ellianne Mon 06-Apr-20 17:06:27

Is it just me or does Dominic Raab sound a bit creaky today? Hope he's not sickening too.

Ellianne Wed 01-Apr-20 09:59:30

I'm guessing, as Jenny Harries is not a politician, she can say more and say it more truthfully. Good on her, and I think without her input we would start to see a lot more unrest in the public. Hers is the voice of reason and calm, she uses good imagery and uses her stance to speak convincingly. She would make a great headmistress. I hope she doesn't get coronavirus.

vegansrock Wed 01-Apr-20 08:23:05

Where is all the PPE they are supposed to be moving around? Why can’t we be told instead of all the platitudes.

May7 Wed 01-Apr-20 07:52:18

Jenny Harries apology made me trust her more. At least she had the guts to do so. Real person - not fake. No sound bites from her just got it wrong now moving forward. Unlike many of them stood up there telling us one thing then behaving differently

vegansrock Wed 01-Apr-20 07:42:03

Why aren’t they honest? Gove is so slimy you can’t believe a word he says. They could put someone better up.

growstuff Wed 01-Apr-20 00:57:22

Shame Gove lied through his teeth about a shortage of chemicals being responsible for the shortage of test kits.

Ellianne Tue 31-Mar-20 20:17:13

I was very impressed with those in today's briefing. No one blaming anyone for anything. No blaming the Germans for hoarding tests, no blaming Sadiq Khan for tube overcrowding, no blaming NHS trusts for not getting on top of PPE etc. Just a United front and even an apology for some incorrect information given out.

sodapop Mon 30-Mar-20 19:06:14

Yes my inner librarian hates that too suziewoozie

Ellianne Mon 30-Mar-20 18:39:29

Yes, I think he realised because he didn't do it again with all the other sheets!!

suziewoozie Mon 30-Mar-20 18:37:54

Ugh ugh I just hate it when anyone ever licks their fingers to turn a page - yuk yuk yuk coronavirus or no coronavirus. Its never OK

May7 Mon 30-Mar-20 18:37:12

I know Perfection is the enemy isn't itconfused

Nico97 Mon 30-Mar-20 18:34:35

Yep me too but not on national tv, when the nation is watching - really May ? When were you last on TV ? As Merlot says, simple mistake. Oh to be perfect. !

May7 Mon 30-Mar-20 18:17:43

Yep me too but not on national tv, when the nation is watching. Just hope those papers were binned before anyone else touched them and he washed his hands for 20 seconds.

merlotgran Mon 30-Mar-20 18:13:24

Nothing to do with different rules. He made a mistake. It's easily done. I touch my face and then think, Should I have done that?

May7 Mon 30-Mar-20 18:09:41

Did anyone watch the briefing today and feel sick when the foreign secretary licked his fingers to turn over his notes. angry
Is it one rule for them then and another for us? Grrrrr

Ellianne Mon 30-Mar-20 15:12:25

Maybe David, but going it alone could at this moment could turn out to be our saving grace. Listening to reports out of France and Germany there are many squabbles going on already, some of them even over medical equipment and border controls. When everything is going well the EU is good, but when things go wrong the cracks start to appear.

Davidhs Mon 30-Mar-20 13:35:47

Will we be better off out of Europe?.

The exchange markets don’t think so, Sterling has lost a lot of value against the Euro and the Dollar AND there is no Brexit agreement.
This crisis is not going to encourage EU to relax it’s hard line

This is going to be the worst crisis since the 1930s worse than WW2 we could borrow from the US then, now the US has its own problems. Just consider, we had very little social services 90 yrs ago, how is the level of social services we expect going to be maintained?.

beverly10 Mon 30-Mar-20 12:49:50

Greymar At least you can have a laugh at some of your replies in what is a serious situation and when for most of us our nerves are on edge wondering what next we can expect.

Ellianne Mon 30-Mar-20 12:42:27

That is very true David and I have a sneaky suspicion that in the long run we might be better off being out of Europe. If Gernany, France and Spain are suffering so badly, heaven help the rest of them in the EU.

sodapop Mon 30-Mar-20 12:37:44

I agree with Ellianne there was no need for some of those comments and apart from them its been interesting. Don't let it upset you Greymar

Dinahmo Mon 30-Mar-20 11:48:15

So much ado about nothing. BBC has a rolling news channel. if you really want to know what's happening turn to that channel on the hour or half hour for a round up. Or, go to one of the broad sheets - I assume that they all have rolling, up to date coverage.