Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Michael Gove ill? ** Title edited by GNHQ **

(72 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 10:56:40

Self isolating.
Some noticed he seemed to be suppressing a cough early this morning when being interviewed by Kay Burley on Sky.

Greymar Tue 07-Apr-20 13:54:19

paddyanne still having to get her two penn’orth in as usual

She may have an interesting veiwpoint, something to say?

EllanVannin Tue 07-Apr-20 13:59:35

Far-left meaning that in the Mail online there's the usual insidious group/mob, call them what you like that are verbally abusing the fact that Boris is ill saying, I quote " that he deserves intensive care coronavirus battle ", unquote. Typical left-wing trolls, and this was actually led by a Labour mayor.

EllanVannin Tue 07-Apr-20 14:05:24

Nobody, no matter who they are or their political preferences should ever verbally abuse anyone, let alone when they're ill.
Talk about kicking a man when he's down ! It shows that person up for what they are, cowardly for a start and totally lacking empathy. Why do it ??

maddyone Tue 07-Apr-20 14:27:45

The problem for the government is that they are key workers, just like our medics, shop workers and plenty of others. They are forced to work alongside each other in order to lead the country through this terrible time, and therefore it’s not really surprising that a number of them are going down with the virus. If someone in MG’s family is showing symptoms then it’s highly likely that MG will too in time. The government have to manage, and we have to help them manage by doing as we’re told. Thankfully Gransnetters have learned a thing or two during their lifetimes and are probably the group most likely to do as they’re told.

Riverwalk Tue 07-Apr-20 14:33:30

paddyanne still having to get her two penn’orth in as usual.

Calendargirl I think you'll find that she's correcting a factual error - the person who visited her holiday home was a civil servant, not an MP.

And Michael Gove is self-isolating because a member of his family has symptoms.

Accuracy is important.

Ellianne Tue 07-Apr-20 14:42:47

What was with all the beds they moved into No.10 then? I assumed that would be for the cabinet and their advisors so they didn't have to travel or live at home?

janeainsworth Tue 07-Apr-20 14:44:39

Riverwalk I think it was this bit of Paddyanne’s rant that Calendargirl was unhappy about, including her reference to a thread she started that had rather controversial content and which has been deleted.

The ruth (sic) is very scarce on GN so I understand you might not hav eheard that before .GNetters prefer to live in their own wee bubble where Boris is a saint and other opinions aren't allowed.EVEN a man who lost his brother because of tory incompetence .Free speech and truth aren't allowed on this site

BlueBelle Tue 07-Apr-20 14:48:33

Hear we go, here we go I’m singing it can you hear me ?

No one can have the simplest of conversations without it turning into a blooming left and right conference
Forget bloody politics for once talk about these people as if they were your neighbours just simply wishing them well

Riverwalk Tue 07-Apr-20 14:51:00

GNHQ shock

By changing the title of of the thread you've made some of the responses nonsensical! Including mine.

Get a grip!

Chestnut Tue 07-Apr-20 14:55:17

Riverwalk - the title stated as fact something which was not true. It was right to amend it, and it's perfectly clear the title has been changed.

Ilovecheese Tue 07-Apr-20 15:00:47

EllanVannin I am still not clear about what you are talking about here. Do you mean some comments below the line about an article in the Mail online?
What Labour mayor?
What was he leading?

Harris27 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:03:44

Yes galaxy.

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 15:03:54

Paddyanne you are on a different GN to me if you think that Boris is idolised on it.

My experience is that no-one with political views that do not absolutely conform with the The Bible according to Corbyn is anathematised. Yes in the last few days there has been one thread wishing Boris Johnson well and speaking well of him - and look how you have reacted to it!

I am aware that Keith Starmer is now leading the Labour party, but I doubt that will make much difference.

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:10:25

Oh dear paddyanne I think that the author you mention lost his brother to Covid 19 , but hey ho any excuse to bash the English can’t be wasted can it?

Hetty58 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:16:06

GrannyGravy13 'perhaps somebody should lock Dominic Raab in a room to keep him safe' I wish they would - to keep us safe, though!

twitter.com/mr_stephen_moss/status/1247269090655420417?s=11

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:29:38

Ilovecheese it was a female labour mayor who stated that ^Boris deserved Covid_19* I think she comes from Heanor.
The UK Labour Party has just expelled her.

ExD Tue 07-Apr-20 15:30:29

Greymar - I'm not answering that question on the grounds that it might incriminate me.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 07-Apr-20 15:45:13

EllanVanin why is any one who disagrees with your political views is a leftie. For a true view of the present situation read a decent paper instead of a comic.

quizqueen Tue 07-Apr-20 15:51:42

I expect Mr Gove is looking at Boris and thinking that it could be him next week!'

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:57:50

quizqueen it could be any of us, this virus is non-discriminatory

Ilovecheese Tue 07-Apr-20 16:01:22

Thank you GrannyGravy13.

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 16:11:27

Covid-19 cannot see whether a victim is black or white religious or atheist, whether politically they are to the left or to the white, they just see them as a good place to be and onc onyou they will colonise you.

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone struck down by this disease, regardless of who or what they are. My thoughts are particularly with those who have suffered bereavement or are praying that someone dear on a ventilator will make it through and get well again and I do not care who or what they or their family are.

Namsnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 16:27:33

Riverwalk … But paddyanne wasn't just correcting a factual error was she?

She was in actual fact, using the excuse of correcting an error, to release a personal diatribe.

Quite different.

The language was chosen to cause offence.

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 16:42:39

I can imagine Paddyanne’s reaction if I or another member on here continually ranted on about the Scots/ SNP/Nichola Sturgeon etc in the way that she does about the
English/Westminster/ any Conservative/ Boris /Royalty etc.
It’s stupid and boring.

Namsnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 16:43:54

Hetty58 …posting that link is such a waste of everyone's time, why bother? What do you hope to achieve?