Gransnet forums

News & politics

Other government news. Life outside of covid

(113 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Apr-20 11:16:07

People are concerned as to where Patel is.

She has apparently refuse 4 times to turn up at a government committee to answer to cross party questioning.

Some suggestion that she isn’t in the country, but haven’t been able to verify it

Grandad1943 Fri 17-Apr-20 15:02:18

Galaxy the way Britain views and interacts with Europe is still to be addressed and that concept may in all probability not be brought forward until very late this year.

Galaxy Fri 17-Apr-20 15:12:48

Yes and the point we are making is that covid may influence that. In the way that future decisions around social care and the nhs may be influenced by what is happening.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-Apr-20 15:27:52

I was listening to the MI6 chap the other morning and he made the point that in times of crises history speeds up, so we may well see change both socially and economically if the forecasts about the economy are correct by as we will certainly be in economic crises.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-Apr-20 17:01:26

Oh bloody brilliant, we will run out of PPE gowns this weekend.

Never have so many MPs told so many lies.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-Apr-20 19:02:23

IMF warning the U.K. would be wise not to give ourselves another economic shock by ruling out an extension.

www.politico.eu/article/imf-to-uk-dont-make-life-tougher-by-sticking-to-brexit-deadline/

Dinahmo Sat 18-Apr-20 11:23:08

So much for not wanting foreign workers in GB! The government are flying in 100s of Rumanians to pick lettuce and asparagus. Despite agricultural jobs being advertised take up has been low.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Apr-20 11:39:20

I would like to know what all the highly paid NHS Trust procurement Officers have been doing since January??

My family business supplies protective clothing, masks etc and the supply chain started slowly grinding to a halt from mid January. China supplies 60% of the worlds PPE, they shut down and are only just restarting production.

My point being that we were aware of a slow down in the supply chain and the non-availability of some products, so should the Procurement Officers have been.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Apr-20 09:37:09

No surprise really. She has a dreadful reputation for dimness and nastiness. Comes from being dim I suppose

www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/home-secretary-facing-legal-action-over-bullying-allegations/20/04/

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Apr-20 15:18:37

Government has shelved Patels immigration bill

Nice to think her days may be numbered

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-shelves-priti-patel-s-immigration-bill-house-of-commons-1-6616651

Dinahmo Tue 21-Apr-20 15:38:05

Have you come across Michael Spicer - The Room Next Door? There's clips of Patel, Johnson, Trump and more to which he adds comments. You'll find him on You tube.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Apr-20 18:39:01

I see Osborne is calling for austerity to reintroduced ASAP.

The essential workers and poor were quickly forgotten

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Apr-20 18:58:17

I hope and pray that Johnson will not join Osborne in his cesspit of austerity