Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris and Carrie have a son

(178 Posts)
gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 10:05:49

Just had a news flash that Boris and Carrie have been delivered of a son .

I hope I’m wrong and have lost track of time , but it does seem very early ?

I do hope he is okay .

Cherrytree59 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:01:20

Congratulations Carrie and Boris????

Pericles Maximus Thomas Symonds-Johnson

EllanVannin Wed 29-Apr-20 11:02:40

Me too Gilly. I wonder if he'll have a little woolly hat on as our tiny babies did ?
My GGC ( twins @4lb each had little hats on ) Aww.
Boris's name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. So maybe an Alexander there somewhere ?

gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 11:02:53

Oh yes Maximus could be a contender Cherrytree not sure about Pericles though hmm

EllanVannin Wed 29-Apr-20 11:04:55

Alexander the Great ?

JenniferEccles Wed 29-Apr-20 11:07:27

I always say this - ignore nasty comments. Some horrible remarks on here.

It’s lovely news although possibly worrying as it appears the baby was early. The worry and stress about Boris’s illness can’t have helped.

Now names. I guess Brexit will have to feature somewhere ? !

Kalu Wed 29-Apr-20 11:08:37

I am delighted to hear of any baby being born especially in this case when it was touch and go for the father being seriously ill recently. Lovely news

Johnny
Alexander

Kalu Wed 29-Apr-20 11:09:39

Lief Johnson?

timetogo2016 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:12:10

About time we had some good news.
Congratulations to them both and hello to the young one.

Tricia55 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:18:15

Congratulations to Boris & Carrie, what a joyous occasion after Boris being so I'll.
The happiness that binds.
Maybe they'll call him Stanley after his father.
Wonderful news.flowerssunshineflowerssunshineflowerssunshine

Calendargirl Wed 29-Apr-20 11:22:29

sw

How do you know he was lying about the date? And ‘well he damn well better be back at work tomorrow’.

If he wants to take a bit of paternity leave, up to him really, not you.

gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 11:22:39

I like the name Stanley . It features in one of my favourite Squeeze songs .

Up the junction . How appropriate grin sorry .

Alima Wed 29-Apr-20 11:28:11

So pleased for them. Both have been through a testing time lately, such a relief for them.
(When I heard the news I thought there may be some mean comments from the usual suspects. Shame I was right).

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:28:25

Just waiting for suggestions from the cynics that the baby has been induced early to muddy the waters before horrendous figures are released later!

Tricia55 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:30:50

WW2 & MaisieD,
It must be so wonderful to be sitting on such an angelic position to be able to judge.
I trully wish I was as righteous as both of you.
Please see the happiness this brings, he may not be perfect but pray tell who is?

Tricia55 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:32:47

Gillybob, great song, no apology required.grin

sarahellenwhitney Wed 29-Apr-20 11:35:59

Congratulations to Boris and Carrie

Jane10 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:37:58

Lovely news. What a time that family is having!! Hope it will be plainer sailing for them (and us all) soon.

Jabberwok Wed 29-Apr-20 11:44:22

Thomas Alexander?! I bet I'm wrong but it has nice ring to it and Thomas is my grandson's second name!

chatterbox2 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:51:34

So happy for Boris and Carrie after all they've been through.Sending congratulations and love.

henetha Wed 29-Apr-20 11:51:35

I think it's lovely. Every baby is a miracle. I wish him all the best. And congratulations to Boris and Carrie.
To those who make nasty comments, well it says a lot about your characters that you can be snide about a baby's birth.

maddyone Wed 29-Apr-20 11:55:16

Huge congratulations to Boris and Carrie. A new baby is always good news.

I also was quite surprised as I thought the baby was due a bit later, but since they didn’t share the due date with me, I don’t know.

I don’t like unkind comments about a new baby or it’s parents, but one thing is for sure, there are many, many children born to worse parents than this baby has. He will be loved and cared for, which is a lot more than some poor little souls are born to. Sadly some babies are abused and killed by their parents, I’m not aware that Boris has such a record. We should remember that, this baby is loved and wanted. And being divorced is not a crime, how many of you are divorced? And many people who are divorced go on to have another baby.

The saddest part is that the new grandparents will not be able to hold and cuddle him as we are in lockdown. Particularly Carrie’s parents because it is her first child. Hopefully they’ll see him via FaceTime until such time as they get to cuddle him.

janthegranx6 Wed 29-Apr-20 11:58:58

So how many kids is that? What's the current paternity leave? probably won't see him for another 2 weeks!

Grannybags Wed 29-Apr-20 12:01:41

He has 6. 4 with his ex wife and 1 with ex girlfriend

Grannybags Wed 29-Apr-20 12:03:01

By the way I think it's lovely news. I hope they'll all be very happy

Alima Wed 29-Apr-20 12:03:30

How many witches are needed for a coven?