Gransnet forums

News & politics

Be careful what you wish for, Meghan.

(349 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 12:48:04

Oh dear, it's not going well is it?

Jane43 Fri 01-May-20 12:57:01

It could prove to be a very expensive exercise and makes me wonder about the credibility of her advisers.

Sussexborn Fri 01-May-20 13:06:10

Watched a repeat of DIY SOS last night making homes for injured soldiers. Harry and William both on top form with the public and each other. Quite sad because even if Harry comes to his senses his relationships will never be the same again.

Meghan has been given seriously bad advise all round. Her US PR team and her legal team in the UK. Wouldn’t want to be in Harry’s shoes today.

EllanVannin Fri 01-May-20 13:13:35

What a madam !

quizqueen Fri 01-May-20 13:16:17

I hope Charles is not paying for this court case! I shouldn't think Meghan ever takes any notice of advisers anyway. Also, in my opinion, she won't ever be welcomed back in this country by the majority of the British people. I hope Harry still thinks it's all worth it.. no friends or family nearby and not much interest in their charitable endeavours or reports of many sensible work offers on the horizon so they can be 'independent financially'.

Davidhs Fri 01-May-20 13:16:24

I have a feeling this is one time that Meghan is not going to get her own way and it will cost a great deal because she won’t back down.

EllanVannin Fri 01-May-20 13:17:19

Harry went into that feet first didn't he ?
When will he come to his senses, when he's 40 perhaps ?

Dinahmo Fri 01-May-20 13:30:21

She reminds me of her character in Suits. Perhaps Harry should have watched all the series before proposing.

Anniebach Fri 01-May-20 13:32:06

Will the five friends be willing to go to court and give evidence
under oath.

phoenix Fri 01-May-20 13:34:10

Well, this doesn't seem to be a case of "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" does it!

merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 13:39:00

Watching Nicholas Witchell on the lunchtime News there was a barely concealed ghost of a smile on his normally poker face.

Namsnanny Fri 01-May-20 13:45:36

To be honest I don't think she will see it as a failure.

She has a singularly different warped view of her own importance.

Remember when she spoke about how she paid her way through uni?
She made that story up, changed the facts, believed it herself in order to make others believe in her (Harry?)

Of course she's done this more than once.

Best judge of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Smileless2012 Fri 01-May-20 13:50:02

I watched it too Sussexborn and felt the same. W & H were both relaxed with one another, the presenters, film crew and everyone involved.

He certainly looked like a different person to the one he is nowsad.

Grany Fri 01-May-20 14:24:24

Did you see the intro Harry gave reading Thomas the Tank Engine? He read story very well. I think he speaks better than Will

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 14:29:21

You can only feel sorry for Prince Harry, what has he got himself into?! Looking at those happy photos, and the ones years ago with the Queen and other members of the RF, and compare it to how he look now, you can only pity him and be fearful of where this will end for him. Lets hope that MM agrees to settle out of court, else I can see it ending in complete disaster for him! I bet she doesn't!!!

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 14:31:26

I think they both sound very alike and neither one speaks better than the other.

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 14:34:57

William is certainly superior in the brain department!!

Sparklefizz Fri 01-May-20 14:42:22

The media say that Harry "can't believe what has happened to him", but he has to own it and accept that it is what he has chosen to do.... it is not an external event like an earthquake but the end result of a sequence of his own decisions.

I just hope that, when the time comes, he will not be too proud to admit he has made a big mistake.

Alima Fri 01-May-20 14:42:25

I do hope that if Meghan ends up paying costs she has enough left over for their security bill. Would hate for UK tax payers to get lumbered with it.

SueDonim Fri 01-May-20 14:43:57

shock. Oh dear.

glammanana Fri 01-May-20 14:55:49

This will not end well I think.
Harry & William looked so relaxed with each other on D.I.Y S.O.S last night such a shame she has come between them,I personally think she is jealous of Catherine and the fact she will have to always take second place to her in years to come but that is just what I think.

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 15:06:23

I thick you're right, but not only Katherine, her children, her husband even her own child/children would all come before Meghan!!

merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 15:11:46

It shouldn't matter who comes before her should it? Sophie Wessex seems content with her lot and is much respected for her role as a supporting member of the RF.

Somebody must have pointed out the pros and cons to Meghan before her marriage but I bet she wasn't listening.

I think she reckoned re-writing the rule book to suit herself would be a doddle with Harry at her beck and call. grin

phoenix Fri 01-May-20 15:16:25

Good point, well made merlot!

lemongrove Fri 01-May-20 15:41:33

of course this is only the first legal round, but I agree that MM should have let sleeping dogs lie over the letter, and moved on from it.