(350 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 12:48:04

Oh dear, it's not going well is it?

Urmstongran Fri 01-May-20 15:55:05

Quick someone ask her if she is ok lol

Anniebach Fri 01-May-20 15:57:30

Wonder if she will continue with it , she could decide not to
and tell the world ‘ there is so much suffering in the world I
must put all of myself into saving the world.

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 15:58:46

I didn't notice her asking her poor father how he was after heart surgery!!!

lemongrove Fri 01-May-20 16:00:38

perhaps she will send the judge a withering comment on a banana.

eazybee Fri 01-May-20 16:01:29

She, Harry and Archie, plus photographers, should have paid a flying visit to Thomas Markle and had a very brief, but very public reconciliation, thus disproving the Mail and all her critics in one blow.
Not too difficult for an actress, surely?

merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 16:03:15

Her advisers will be wondering how to put a positive spin on this. They must be passing round the tin hats!

Archie will be one next week. Will we get a photo or will there be a stamping of feet and shake of the head? hmm

Clawdy Fri 01-May-20 16:14:43

Hate the spiteful negative comments about her. The tabloids have been resolutely against her from the start, with nasty, vindictive comments, many of them featuring fake news, bordering on racism. I hope they live happy lives away from the unpleasantness they would have to live with in this country.

kissngate Fri 01-May-20 16:45:15

They moved supposedly to get away from publicity good and bad. If they wanted isolation America has plenty of states where they could escape from it all, buy a ranch and live a good life. So why have they chosen Hollywood or Malibu as the place to be. It couldn't possibly be that they want privacy, however if you want publicity...

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 16:55:19

The sad thing is that the RF and the majority of the people in this country welcomed MM with open arms, those cheering crowds weren't imagined! and she has consistently thrown back in all our faces. Nobody including the press have been even remotely racist towards her, the RF showed her mother and her every courtesy, but apparently they're toxic! Accusing her own very sick 79 year old father of leaking a letter to the press to the point of suing him, when said letter was also apparently sent to 5 friends who may or may not have leaked it or in fact even exist is just an appalling way to behave. I hope for Harry's sake she drops it before she financially ruins them ! Mind you I expect PC will pick the bill up, more fool him!!

JenniferEccles Fri 01-May-20 17:02:45

I wonder if her father will still testify against her? I do hope so.

I guess he feels he has nothing to lose as it looks highly unlikely that she will make any contact with him.

Yet another person who has been airbrushed out of her life the minute he ceased to be of use to her.

Clawdy Fri 01-May-20 17:12:40

How many fathers would hand over a personal letter from their daughter to a racist, right-wing rag of a newspaper? Pathetic man.

Oopsminty Fri 01-May-20 17:21:16

This man had been pushed out of Megan's life long before this.

Harry had never bothered to go and meet him.

Harry blithely told a Radio 4 show that meghan had enjoyed her first Christmas with the family she never had. (the Royals)

Megan's friends sold the letter she'd written to her father, really ripping into him

I assume he wanted to set the record straight

I feel for the bloke. He was very close to Meghan and she had given a beautiful speech at some event where she spoke about him with much love.

It's such a shame.

I've nothing against meghan. I don't know her. But she appears to act before thought

merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 17:29:34

Meghan also denied the fact that her father paid her university fees insisting that she worked to pay her own way.

She tends to be economical with the truth when it suits her.

sodapop Fri 01-May-20 17:47:32

I just think its a great shame that all this is being dragged through the courts with attendant publicity.
No one will come out of it with honour or credibility. M & H are not being well advised or are choosing to ignore advice.

Namsnanny Fri 01-May-20 18:53:25

Precisely Merlot ...what Father would be happy hearing that.

This is just the first phase, there isn't even a court date set yet.

Her past behaviour is an indicator of her future behaviour.

I agree sodapop no one will come out of this well.

Serendipity22 Fri 01-May-20 19:08:45

Ohhhh I am really sad about Harry and I think Harry what have you done ?

I've always admired Harry, William too but Harry has been the scallywag in the RF.

I kind of draw my shutters when I hear of press regarding Meghan and Harry, I suppose because I dont want all this to be happening to.him he was so, so, so up on a lovely pedestal by the British public and now it seems he's come crash landing on his derriere.

But, saying all that,none us have any idea of what life in the RF must be like....

I guess I just love Harry... smile

almostelderly Fri 01-May-20 21:31:35

Who is paying for this extremely expensive court case? The matter of security for the Sussexes does not appear to be resolved, and have they paid back the 2.4 million pounds for the renovation of Frogmore'Cottage'?

Anniebach Fri 01-May-20 21:52:49

William couldn’t be a scallywag , he had no choice, same as it
was for the Queen and Margaret

merlotgran Fri 01-May-20 22:56:30

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8279093/Princess-Charlotte-five-today-drops-homemade-pasta-vulnerable-Norfolk-residents.html

Sorry, Meghan…...What court case?

SueDonim Fri 01-May-20 23:32:22

She is such a cutie! I think she’s the image of the queen. I reckon George will be king but she will be the power behind the throne. grin

maddyone Sat 02-May-20 00:31:52

I agree, this court case was not a good idea. Why on earth Meghan or Harry thought it was eludes me. What were they thinking to drag all this through the mud?

Sparklefizz Sat 02-May-20 08:44:03

I think she’s the image of the queen

I don't. I think she's Middleton, through and through. She doesn't have the Queen's eyes.

trisher Sat 02-May-20 09:14:40

As far as the reporting of the court case goes, people do realise that it is the Mail group who are involved in this and did I hope read the article with some degree of questioning. The actual ruling whilst dismissing the reasons used in the original documents does not say that the accusations are wrong only that the reasons given do not comply with the legal necessities. It also give the claimant (that's M) the right to reintroduce the accusations without prejudice using proper legal reasons. In other words it's a very small victory the Mail is choosing for some reason to front page. It could well be just a legal process for M's team to sound out what the judges will see as permissible. It isn't a simple matter and it's certainly not a defeat or a victory for anyone. But what else can you expect from a tabloid like the Mail?

Marmight Sat 02-May-20 09:25:04

(I think Charlotte is the spit of Sarah Chatto, Princess Margaret’s daughter! grin)
As for M&H, I find it very sad that they’re airing their dirty washing in public. They've moved away to be ‘private‘. I just wish they'd disappear into oblivion and do just that.

travelsafar Sat 02-May-20 09:27:23

SueDonim I agree, she looks very similar to our wonderful Queen. She has steely determination in her eyes!!! smile