Gransnet forums

News & politics

Dodgy dealings?

(33 Posts)
paddyanne Mon 25-May-20 10:41:57

Cumming's sister in Durham, is a Director of IDOX, the company running the new CV-19 Track & Trace App.

IDOX also runs the postal votes system.

Think about it.

MaizieD Fri 29-May-20 07:35:00

OP was corrected and has removed the false assertion from their main posting.
I didn't notice you rushing round all the relevant threads correcting the many people who repeated the same mistake qq...

Lady Dido Harding was CEO of Talk Talk when it hacked and thousands of users data was stolen. Now she's in charge of the test, trace and isolate programme. The government has already refused to delete the app users' data at the end of the programme. Consequently many people are saying they won't download and use it. It's going to be another tory led shambles.

NotSpaghetti Fri 29-May-20 10:02:29

MaizieD are you surprised people won’t want their data stored?
I know I’m not.
Can’t see my sons using it, that’s for sure.

Daisymae Fri 29-May-20 10:34:02

Dido Harding is also married to a Tory MP. The way Johnson spoke about her in terms of being some sort of NHS technology expert but turns out that she has been in post a couple of years.

MaizieD Fri 29-May-20 11:51:46

I'm not in the least bit surprised, NotSpaghetti.

I don't intend to download it either.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 29-May-20 11:54:31

Neither am I going to download it.

daisymae his usual problems with the truth I guess

growstuff Fri 29-May-20 11:54:44

Exactly Furret and now we know some of the connections.

The whole thing really stinks!

growstuff Fri 29-May-20 11:58:07

I've just read that identifiable data won't be deleted and that it could be kept for up to 20 years.

The legality of the whole system is being questioned, but it's obvious what will happen. There will be moral blackmail accusing those of wanting more safeguarding of blocking an essential tool for public safety.