Gransnet forums

News & politics

Will he resign 2

(615 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 17:31:13

Next one

GNHQ edit: Following on from previous thread linked to here: Will he resign?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 17:57:22

So many lies I think maizie

Grandad1943 Mon 25-May-20 17:58:13

Well, I have been watching that "spectacle" for the last hour. So, I think I will go for a ten mile drive to "test my eyesight" as I think it may now be impaired.

That, according to Cummings, should not endanger me or any other road user.

The man and his judgment are a complete joke and so is his judgment.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 17:59:08

30 miles!!

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:59:40

Only a thousand times worse Galaxy !

Luckygirl Mon 25-May-20 17:59:49

It really is very simple: he broke the rules when millions in similar situations did the right thing, even though it was very hard. He did wrong - he has to pay the price. Otherwise the price we will all pay is that people will simply take this as a green light to ignore the rules that are trying to keep us all safe.

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 18:02:17

Grandad you are behaving very irresponsibly, you need to have a 4 year old child in the car to make it worthwhile.

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 18:02:20

Like I said, trial by media---it happens a lot, even in murder cases where the individual is innocent !! Shocking.

merlotgran Mon 25-May-20 18:04:06

Does his wife not drive? She was the one who recovered first. According to DC, she got better, he got worse.

DH once had an asthma attack while we were on holiday 200 miles away. He recovered in time for our drive home but when he got tired I took over.

Isn't that what couples do? Why the nonsense about the trial run?

Luckygirl Mon 25-May-20 18:04:23

It is not trial by media. He broke the rules. He knows that, we know that, Boris knows that.

In order for the public to maintain the rules for everyone's safety, a high profile person breaking the rules has to be censured.

rosenoir Mon 25-May-20 18:07:41

If the media were working for the good of the people they would not have pursued what was a poor decision by him causing the idiots to say if he is bending the rules then so am I.

Some hypocrites on here that have broken the rules with visiting grandchildren, if the media were interested in you how would you feel to have them camped outside your house picking apart everymove you made.

I hope he and his family are mentally strong enough to cope with the hatred and hounding.

MayBee70 Mon 25-May-20 18:11:08

He did everything to protect his child: even driving him to Barnard Castle because he thought his eyesight was causing problems At a time when we were told we could only have an hours exercise and not drive anywhere except to pick up medicine or do essential shopping.

Dinahmo Mon 25-May-20 18:12:01

Pantglas2 It's called acting.

Firecracker123 Mon 25-May-20 18:13:06

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

varian Mon 25-May-20 18:15:59

I had a low opinion of Dominic Cummings before I saw this, but it is much lower now.

He is a good liar, like his so-called boss, but I do think that most of the nation, even the most ardent Brexiters, Tory voters and BJ fans have seen through him now.

Dinahmo Mon 25-May-20 18:16:16

I think the press were quite lenient with Cummings. They didn't ask about the story his wife told in the Spectator which apparently implied that they were in London

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 18:17:35

They did ask about that Dinahmo. I think they did well. Sky and channel 4 were particularly good.

varian Mon 25-May-20 18:17:39

Firecracker how dare you mention the despicable Cummings and the admirable Jo Cox in the same post.

merlotgran Mon 25-May-20 18:18:19

If anything terrible happens to Dominic Cummings or his family like it did to Jo Cox the blood will be on your hands.

That's a little dramatic Firecracker. grin

SueDonim Mon 25-May-20 18:18:25

I’m going to phone my doctor tomorrow to ask if I’m fit and healthy and if they say yes, I’m going off to see my family! Before I set out, I’ll go for a 30 mile drive to make sure I don’t have Wobbly Eye Syndrome. ?

If I get ill or anyone I visit gets ill, I’ve got a 17yo niece who’ll look after us - I don’t have any problems with infecting her with.

Also, I’m not concerned that, should I become sick and need hospital treatment, I’ll overburden the hospital at my destination instead of using my own hospital.

It’s at times like this I’m glad I’m speshull! grin

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 18:18:39

Using a womans death as a threat is beyond words.

Tooting29 Mon 25-May-20 18:19:00

Just another media feeding frenzy, so what... man drives 260 miles so his child and wife can be cared for in the event of illness. If it had been you or me would we have got this press coverage. Fed up with it all and the breast beating. In the great scheme of things does it matter, there is far worst thing happening to focus on. Such as horrible people who spit at police and key workers, let's name and shame them. Those who defy guidelines and drive to beauty spots then urinate and defecate on peoples property- name and shame them. Fed up with the whole circus.

Nannee49 Mon 25-May-20 18:21:54

We are being ruled by utter, bull sh*tting donkeys!!!

If he hadn't broken the rules there would be NO MEDIA FRENZY.

And firecracker to link this with the murder of Jo Cox is completely irrelevant and in extremely poor taste.

Grandad1943 Mon 25-May-20 18:22:08

Firecracker123, any person who takes his wife and four year old child on a thirty-mile drive when they think they may have defective eyesight can have little concern for the safety of their family.

Others would have difficulty in causing greater danger than the above whatever they may think of.

Pantglas2 Mon 25-May-20 18:22:43

You’ve met him have you Dinahmo to know the difference? Do tell......

Nandalot Mon 25-May-20 18:22:52

Just watched a bit again on the news. He HAD to stop and get out at Barnard Castle river as he felt sick but well enough to drive 260 miles the next day. Not sick then.