Gransnet forums

News & politics

Will he resign 2

(614 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 17:31:13

Next one

GNHQ edit: Following on from previous thread linked to here: Will he resign?

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 17:31:56

Thanks whitewave.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 17:34:47

I’m following twitter and I haven’t yet seen one in support of Cummings

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-May-20 17:37:30

I am also following on twitter and I have only seen two anti DC tweet (and one is from Piers Morgan) .........totally depends who you follow.

trisher Mon 25-May-20 17:37:49

You can fool some of the people.......!

Grandad1943 Mon 25-May-20 17:39:13

He admits that he drove his car two hundred and sixty miles when he was not feeling well which was a danger to his family and other road users in doing so.

He then admits that he went on a ten-mile drive "to test his eyesight" because his wife thought it was impaired. That is a serious traffic offence as the driving regulations state implicitly that you must be sure your eyes reach the laid out standards before you drive any vehicle.

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 17:39:32

Are you only following Dominic Cummings wife?

Pantglas2 Mon 25-May-20 17:39:45

Not sure why you’ve bothered with the same thread title - he’s already said he won’t be resigning!

Must admit he’s nothing like I thought he’d be! I thought he was more like Campbell, a Rottweiler - I’m quite disappointed ☹️

MayBee70 Mon 25-May-20 17:40:13

Doesn’t add up. Need to listen to the whole thing I’m afraid. And he even called an ambulance and then drove to the hospital afterwards. When, supposedly he was still struggling with his eyesight. And he spoke to his parents from a distance: something none of us felt we were able to do.....

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-May-20 17:41:40

Galaxy grin

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-May-20 17:43:31

He drove to the hospital the following day to wait in the carpark to pick up his wife and child staying in the car the whole time, not a hanging offence as far as I am aware

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:43:32

Trisher, we in the Wirral are the worst hit in the country as since Wednesday we've had 200 deaths. The way it's going here we'll be the worst in England ! The man hasn't been near the area. So how do you account for our situation ?

Labour councillor for Liverpool Joe Anderson blames the Madrid football team who when there were a number of acute cases in Madrid at the time, came to Liverpool for a match against the team.

Will Joe Anderson sue the Madrid team or those responsible for 41 extra deaths ? I sincerely hope so.!

GGumteenth Mon 25-May-20 17:45:51

I'm afraid that once the press has stirred up a mob there will be no stopping them until they have torn him and his family limb from limb. I see a callous attack on his mother on thread 1 of this topic. I just wonder how many people, after the event, think it is clever to join a lynch mob?

Not really either big or clever as far as I can see but many of you want his blood and I have no doubt that in some shape or form you will get it.

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:47:01

I wonder how many thousand are on beaches today ? Where are the media when you need them ? Or the police for that matter ?
After this debacle/trial with Cummings I'd be more than ready to shop anyone.

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 17:49:20

I imagine the people on the beaches are following their instinct Ellan.

MaizieD Mon 25-May-20 17:49:58

Are you Cummings' mother, GGumteeth?

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:50:29

What Cummings has done is a hanging offence isn't it ?? ( rolls eyes )

I await the next unfortunate in the shark tank !

I thought baying for blood went out with the Ark ? It seems not

Ilovecheese Mon 25-May-20 17:50:40

The Conservative Party seems to be split between those who are worried about the damage this matter is doing to their reputation and those who want to keep Boris Johnson in power at any cost.

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:51:11

What instinct is that then Galaxy ?

merlotgran Mon 25-May-20 17:51:11

I dunno about chief adviser to the prime minister. I wouldn't trust him to peruse my shopping list!

Galaxy Mon 25-May-20 17:52:33

The same instinct that Cummings used.

janipat Mon 25-May-20 17:52:37

It really shouldn't need stating again that the idiot public who disregard the rules didn't have any input into the making of them, Dominic Cummins did.

trisher Mon 25-May-20 17:53:40

EllanVannin the rate of the virus in County Durham per 1000 or the population is very similar to the Wirral and there have actually been more cases in County Durham than in the Wirral -approx 1900+ compared with 1200+. Now there may not have been more deaths and he may not have spread the virus but the possibility that he may have put a huge strain on an already over stretched NHS can't be ignored, He was lucky, he didn't need the NHS but he should have considered that.

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 17:54:00

Who 's after Cumming's job I ask myself ? This is the mentality of those within a party who build up a hate-fest. I've seen it all before. He's in the way !

MaizieD Mon 25-May-20 17:55:24

Can anyone enlighten me as to why he has to have his wife and child with him everywhere he goes?

Can't his wife drive? Why didn't she drive to the hospital if he was still ill?

Why, when he thought his eyesight was dodgy, did he put his wife and child in the car and drive 30 miles (not 10 miles, Grandad, 30 ) to Barney? Did he think that if they had an accident at least they'd all go together?

So much strangeness going on here.