Gransnet forums

News & politics

Theresa May

(38 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 30-Jun-20 13:33:20

Totally frivolous post.

Just watching lunchtime news, TM featured, speaking about a new security adviser.

She looked so good IMHO.

Hair, jacket, jewellery, she looked very smart and attractive.

Didn’t take much notice of the speech!

?

lemongrove Tue 30-Jun-20 17:17:55

Gajahgran

Of course TM would be critical about Sedwell's departure. He was her advisor. She wanted Brexit in name only and he aided and abetted her. She was not popular and a weak PM.

Sadly, that’s all true, and I had high hopes of her at the time.
She made a complete mess of the GE as well!

She has always looked slim and smart, and the pinky colour she wore today suited her.Spoilt by her disapproving expression.

lemongrove Tue 30-Jun-20 17:18:40

Jabberwok ?Yes, I noticed that.

growstuff Tue 30-Jun-20 17:21:33

She's not very tolerant of idiots, as she showed when she mocked Johnson over his water cannons.

Davidhs Tue 30-Jun-20 17:31:43

I quite admired TM for the way she took on the poisoned chalice when Cameron threw the towel in, her fate was sealed when she called an election and reduced her majority.
The terms that parliament wanted never were going to be accepted by the EU, Johnson agreed a fudge thinking he could pull a fast one - we will see they haven’t given a millimeter yet.

varian Tue 30-Jun-20 17:33:11

She was a decent person in the wrong party.

MaizieD Tue 30-Jun-20 17:39:18

She was fair and tried to see everyone's point of view

I don't think so, Jane10.

Neither, I think, would my fellow 16+ million Citizens of Nowhere.

She was held in thrall by the ERG and the DUP.

No. Fun speech today, but hopeless PM.

MaizieD Tue 30-Jun-20 17:40:42

varian

She was a decent person in the wrong party.

Good heavens, varian! Have you forgotten the 'Go Home' vans?

varian Tue 30-Jun-20 17:42:35

I do not think she was "enthralled" by the ERG. She was intimidated by them, terrifies of the hold that they have on the Conservative Party, which was why she always looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

lemongrove Tue 30-Jun-20 17:58:20

In thrall doesn’t mean enthralled Varian.

MaizieD Tue 30-Jun-20 18:09:46

It certainly doesn't, lemon. A 'thrall' was virtually a slave.

Thrall is from the Old Norse þræll, meaning a person who is in bondage or serfdom.

varian Tue 30-Jun-20 18:57:39

TM did many things which we can, and I did criticise, like these "go ho,me" vans.

I don't think she was a good Home Secretary, but she now seems a lot better than Pritti Patel.

I don't think she was a good PM, but she was miles better than Boris Johnson.

Trisha57 Tue 30-Jun-20 19:05:37

growstuff, those water cannons would have come in handy on the beaches in Bournemouth, Brighton and elsewhere last week!!!