Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump has finally lost it.....

(258 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 04-Aug-20 22:40:47

.......anyone see his interview on the news? His insanity must now be obvious to all - surely no-one will vote for him? Just not possible............

Dinahmo Wed 05-Aug-20 13:52:44

quizqueen

Biden is equally as bad, if you listen to him, but Donald has a very good Vice President, whereas Biden says he will just chose a woman as his running mate. You know, anyone will do as long as it's a woman, instead of the best person for the role!

Mike Pence is an evangelical Christian who is record on subjects like climate change, environment, health, LBGT rights, Syrian refugees (not wanted in Indiana) delaying the release of public records and he is a strong supporter of teh gun lobby.

What's not to like?

varian Wed 05-Aug-20 14:00:47

Mike Pence Does Not Accept Evolution: Here's Why That Matters

www.forbes.com/sites/shaenamontanari/2016/11/10/vp-elect-mike-pence-does-not-accept-evolution-heres-why-that-matters/

Toadinthehole Wed 05-Aug-20 14:03:12

What do you mean ‘ lost it’? He never had ‘it’ to start with ?. What an absolute moron he is ?.

lemongrove Wed 05-Aug-20 14:45:03

Dorset ....a sound moral base? Hmm, not a lot of men in powerful political positions have that I think.Also I doubt any of us can say that Johnson has no compassion for anyone outside of his experience, you would have to be a close friend to know that.I don’t think BJ is an out and out racist like Trump either.Although BJ was not my choice for Leader of the Conservatives, he is nothing like DT.

rosecarmel Wed 05-Aug-20 15:19:52

Grandad1943

The problems of America can be traced back to the to 1971 when president Nixon visited China. Nixon was aware that China could provide an end to the Vietnam war which was tearing the United States apart.

Along with the above Nixon believed that if China could be encouraged to leave it's then isolation and become democratic, Amerian industry would be able to sell into that huge population and large profits would be made.

However, the American manufacturing industry over the years has moved it's production to China leaving large areas of the United States impoverished and without well paid employment.

Trump.promised to return that manufacturing and wealth to American shores and that in may ways secured his victory.

Make America Great Again rang well in the rust belt states and very many other American households throughout the United States.

Yes!

He absolutely did appeal to the those made intentionally impoverished by past administrations due to trade and greed-

He took on China which quite frankly other administrations refused to do because too much money was being made, for them, but at the expense of Americans-

People who never owned stocks before bought into the market and now had growing portfolios-

He spoke to over half the nation that last administrations ignored-

I can't be mad at that- If he wasn't so damaged, racist and shady he could have been an amazing president-

rosecarmel Wed 05-Aug-20 15:28:25

quizqueen

Biden is equally as bad, if you listen to him, but Donald has a very good Vice President, whereas Biden says he will just chose a woman as his running mate. You know, anyone will do as long as it's a woman, instead of the best person for the role!

Pence is an evangelical puppet and if he had his way he'd stuff and shove every American into one size fits all evangelical church going gloves- If that is not moral incompetence, I don't know what is-

Ramblingrose22 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:29:22

Toadinthehole - couldn't agree more.

IMHO, the more desperate he gets about not losing the election the more rubbish he will spout and the more he will show himself up to be the moron and nasty so-and-so that he really is.

GillT57 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:30:52

I watched the interview and wondered just who on earth on his staff let him do it. Surely they have daily exposure to his theories and claims and fantasies and would know it couldn't possibly go well? I think the Trump dream is over, and I hope he takes his scheming venal family with him in a puff of bankruptcy and scandal.

AGAA4 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:31:17

Trump seems to get worse every time he opens his mouth. Just a load of baloney comes out.

Summerlove Wed 05-Aug-20 15:40:33

Dinahmo

I watched that interview in the early hours this morning. What surprised me was the speed with which he answered most of the questions. What he said was garbled nonsense but he responded fairly quickly.

After reading that the test he took, of which he was so proud, was apparently one given to possible dementia sufferers, I was expecting more signs of dementia. Perhaps someone slipped him a little something before the interview.

I remember in the early days of my mother's dementia she could not have made head nor tail of complex questions similar to those posed to Trump.

I note that a couple of people have commented upon Trump's "business acumen". (This is not a dig at them) . His loss of his father's fortune and subsequent losses have been in the public domain for many years. Yet, in the run up to the election and afterwards, many posters on here and elsewhere have pointed this out, only to be accused of spreading fake news. Peoples' attitude towards Trump are now changing but it's a pity that they didn't take more notice of the criticisms in the beginning.

....you thought his answers made sense??

Half the time he was answering questions were not asked

Ramblingrose22 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:44:23

Summerlove - surely all politicians answer questions they haven't been asked?

They are all briefed and if a question comes up that they haven't been briefed on they throw in an answer to one that they have been briefed on and hope they'll get away with it.

Unfortunately they get away with it because journalists often allow them to. That was why I loved Jeremy Paxman! I also admired Richard Madeley for ending an interview with Gavin Williamson who refused to answer legitimate questions.

Furret Wed 05-Aug-20 16:08:30

I had to laugh! He wasn’t even sure which way up the graphs were. Fingers crossed for November. Fun and games when he refuses to accept the result. Should distract nicely from the uptick (!) in Covid cases.

Summerlove Wed 05-Aug-20 17:07:48

Ramblingrose22

Summerlove - surely all politicians answer questions they haven't been asked?

They are all briefed and if a question comes up that they haven't been briefed on they throw in an answer to one that they have been briefed on and hope they'll get away with it.

Unfortunately they get away with it because journalists often allow them to. That was why I loved Jeremy Paxman! I also admired Richard Madeley for ending an interview with Gavin Williamson who refused to answer legitimate questions.

Of course they do

That doesn’t mean it makes sense!!

Ramblingrose22 Wed 05-Aug-20 17:16:53

Agreed - an answer given that has nothing to do with the question that has just been asked is unlikely to make sense.

It wasn't me who said it makes sense to do this. I just gave the reasons why I think it happens.

Dinahmo Wed 05-Aug-20 18:44:18

Summerlove I actually wrote that what Trump said was garbled nonsense so of course I didn't think that he made sense. I just said that he responded quickly.

Actually, my OH is always telling me that I would make a good Tory politician because I was very good at coming up with responses and making excuses. I'm not so quick now as the old brain is getting rather slow.

varian Wed 05-Aug-20 18:51:28

Never mind Dinahmo the Tory party has plenty of these apologists.

MaizieD Wed 05-Aug-20 18:59:16

Jabberwok

Both these men are well into their 70's, Biden is 78!!!? Surely to God there must be someone, somewhere in the whole of the USA that is suitable and YOUNGER!!!!?

You have to blame their crazy and outdated political system for the final candidate that each party ends up with. And for the eventual 'winner'

Biden seems to be doing well in the polls; it's a bit like the Starmer/Johnson contrast. One looks like a responsible grownup, the other doesn't. The 'grownup' gets approval just for being grown up.

paddyanne Wed 05-Aug-20 19:15:40

To me Boris and Donald look as if they were seperated at birth and they speak..waffle, bumble and bluster the same way ...and everything is "the best or the greatest" e.g.the track and trace system that didn't work!!

varian Wed 05-Aug-20 19:40:26

You can spot the difference because Boris doesn't seem to indulge in fake tan and Trump hardly ever quotes anything in fake Latin.

Urmstongran Wed 05-Aug-20 19:43:53

Well Trump has called out on the WHO and is determined Germany (and others) pay their fair share of GDP to NATO.
MAGA cheerleaders admire him for it.
?

MaizieD Wed 05-Aug-20 21:22:33

He's also cocked up the WTO that you Brexiteers are so depending on... Ug

Urmstongran Wed 05-Aug-20 21:48:44

Change was needed within that organisation MaizieD. It was not fit for purpose.

Regards Brexit - eggs have to be broken to fix an omelette.

MayBee70 Wed 05-Aug-20 23:04:28

Urmstongran

Well Trump has called out on the WHO and is determined Germany (and others) pay their fair share of GDP to NATO.
MAGA cheerleaders admire him for it.
?

Was that before or after he advised people to drink disinfectant?

MaizieD Wed 05-Aug-20 23:12:49

Urmstongran

Change was needed within that organisation MaizieD. It was not fit for purpose.

Regards Brexit - eggs have to be broken to fix an omelette.

Aaaah.

Your area of expertise, Ug?

I trust that the eggs for your own personal Brexit omelette get well and truly broken.

I was fine with intact ones.

Iam64 Thu 06-Aug-20 09:13:03

MaizeD grin