Gransnet forums

News & politics

A new parliamentary year, same old car crash

(41 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 12:29:27

Johnson seems to be even worse than normal at a PMQs when answering Starmer.

He even got Criticised by the speaker for not answering any of the questions.

He seemed incoherent and panicky. What on Earth was the point about the IRA?

Starmer asked Johnson to withdraw the remark, but naturally Johnson did.

Starmer “I asked the PM to do the decent thing. But the decent thing and the PM do not go together”

Tory MPs looked distinctly uncomfortable, especially over the point about Furlough.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 12:30:13

Didn’t (obvs)

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 12:53:56

just appalling - he is done for.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 13:13:31

I see that Hancock u-turned during PMQs. At midnight last night restrictions were lifted in Manchester area. At midday they were re-imposed.

How anyone can keep up with government policy is beyond me

Ramblingrose22 Wed 02-Sep-20 13:16:57

This is why Johnson and Cummings are going to abolish PMQ's. They know that Johnson can't cope with it.

Johnson is a bumbler and a blusterer. IMHO he couldn't give a straight answer to a straight question if his life depended on it.

MayBee70 Wed 02-Sep-20 13:22:22

Missed it as I nodded off buy DH has just told me Johnson was a disgrace. I’m sure it will be on Facebook soon.

MaizieD Wed 02-Sep-20 13:57:10

At least he was sort of prepared for one of the questions. He knew that Starmer would bring up his U turn on meeting the Covid bereaved families. But he couldn't get it right claiming that the group were in litigation with the government. Which they are not. They've asked for an enquiry. That is not 'litigation'.

What a disgraceful exhibition it was...

growstuff Wed 02-Sep-20 14:00:53

MayBee70

Missed it as I nodded off buy DH has just told me Johnson was a disgrace. I’m sure it will be on Facebook soon.

It is.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dsZ1UaIJw

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 14:59:33

Comment.

It won’t be long before Johnson runs away from PMQs

@Keir_Starmer
is completely wiping the floor with
@BorisJohnson
at #PMQs. Utterly destroying him in one of the most powerful, forensic & articulate performances I have ever seen. Starmer has reduced Johnson to a whimpering school boy

westendgirl Wed 02-Sep-20 15:10:43

Johnson was dreadful at PMQ , fudge , sidetracking ,unable to keep to a point.It was like watching a beyond the sell by date comedian in an end of the pier show.Ready for retirement ?

growstuff Wed 02-Sep-20 15:21:29

His own supporters are aready setting up for his departure.

Isabel Oakeshott gave a blistering attack on Channel 4 a couple of days ago and even the Tory press has criticised him.

I still think they and Murdoch (and possibly Cummings) are angling for PM Gove.

MayBee70 Wed 02-Sep-20 15:26:15

It’s always been about Gove. Johnson is just a puppet. Gloves relationship with Cummings seems to be quite complicated but it goes back a long way. It would be nice to think that it’s the electorate who decide who is going to lead this country, not Murdoch and Cummings wouldn’t it.

MaizieD Wed 02-Sep-20 15:54:00

If Johnson resigns as PM does that mean he loses the party leadership too?

If he does lose the leadership, wouldn't that mean a leadership contest and would Gove be guaranteed to win it?

Or does Johnson just trot along to the Queen and say he's throwing in the towel and his mate Gove would make a fine successor PM?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 16:00:44

MaizieD

If Johnson resigns as PM does that mean he loses the party leadership too?

If he does lose the leadership, wouldn't that mean a leadership contest and would Gove be guaranteed to win it?

Or does Johnson just trot along to the Queen and say he's throwing in the towel and his mate Gove would make a fine successor PM?

Whatever happens, something has got to change.

It can’t go on like this surely! 4 more years - bloody hell!

GillT57 Wed 02-Sep-20 16:04:08

I still think they and Murdoch (and possibly Cummings) are angling for PM Gove I agree. One part of me thinks god help us with the slippery Gove and his sidekick in charge, but then again I do wonder if it would be a good thing. Nobody, but nobody can find Gove in anyway appealing or 'cute' in the way that many people seem to think applies to Johnson who seems to be able to do no wrong in some people's eyes, people have even gone as far as telling us that we should give him a break due to his having been poorly with covid19. Well, and this may come as a suprise to some of you, I don't like Johnson, have always thought he wasn't up to the job through lack of competence, sheer laziness, lies, inability or unwillingness to research anything etc., etc., and I don't think that covid19 has made him any worse, he was bloody awful before it.

Bookma

vegansrock Wed 02-Sep-20 16:17:16

You’ll soon get the “poor ickle Bowis he’s doing his best, he has been unwell, he’ll be up all night changing nappies ( yeah right) , he has no need to attend meetings or reading documents as other people do it for him, he’s popular and cheers people up” brigade calling everyone moaners, haters or some other negative name calling.

GillT57 Wed 02-Sep-20 16:27:46

Yup Vegansrock I fully expect to be pilloried for my lack of compassion for the tousled hair chap who is only doing his best. He has never been fit for the job, his previous employers all warned us, but a handful or white middle aged people from the shires decided they knew better.

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 16:49:45

He did not answer a single question- just went on pre-prepared, pre-fed, attacks instead. And he did not, as the Speaker requested of him, apologise and take back the disgusting remark re the IRA. Shameful.

But he was reduced to a pile of ineffective bile and whimpering by SKS- for sure.

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 16:50:19

Will anyone of his supporters come here and defend his performance- I do wonder.

varian Wed 02-Sep-20 17:22:01

BJ's pathetic performance on today's PMQs reminded me of the utterly cringibly embarrising speech he made at the end of the Beijing Olympics in 2008. When I saw that I was ashamed to be British, and I still am. How on earth did this lying incompetent oaf ever become our PM?

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 17:47:33

because it suited Cummings and the ERG- because some types of people 'like him' - but I now believe his departure and replacement was all planned from the start. Those people would not have 'liked Gove' or found him 'amusing and one of the lads' etiher.

GillT57 Wed 02-Sep-20 18:13:29

Anyone know when svengali Cummings is back? Heard he has had surgery.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 18:23:24

GillT57

Anyone know when svengali Cummings is back? Heard he has had surgery.

Brain transplant?

vegansrock Wed 02-Sep-20 18:48:36

Personally transplant more like.

vegansrock Wed 02-Sep-20 18:48:46

Personality!