Gransnet forums

News & politics

A new parliamentary year, same old car crash

(42 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 12:29:27

Johnson seems to be even worse than normal at a PMQs when answering Starmer.

He even got Criticised by the speaker for not answering any of the questions.

He seemed incoherent and panicky. What on Earth was the point about the IRA?

Starmer asked Johnson to withdraw the remark, but naturally Johnson did.

Starmer “I asked the PM to do the decent thing. But the decent thing and the PM do not go together”

Tory MPs looked distinctly uncomfortable, especially over the point about Furlough.

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 18:52:27

The Speaker should have insisted Johnson a) replied to the question and kept insisting until he did - and b) insist that he apologised and withdrew the IRA disgraceful comment - and sent him out if he did not.

grumppa Wed 02-Sep-20 19:15:39

Missed PMQT, but I’m with GillT57.

Callistemon Wed 02-Sep-20 20:16:01

Whitewavemark2

GillT57

Anyone know when svengali Cummings is back? Heard he has had surgery.

Brain transplant?

I've only just logged on.
You beat me to it, my first thought.

MaizieD Wed 02-Sep-20 20:28:13

Cummings is back. Picture of him striding out in a crumpled suit was prominent on twitter yesterday.

He apparently has a big new office in Whitehall, replete with screens full of constantly updated data and his minions all seated within his sight. Apparently, the nearer one is seated to Dom the more favoured one is..

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 20:33:10

MaizieD

Cummings is back. Picture of him striding out in a crumpled suit was prominent on twitter yesterday.

He apparently has a big new office in Whitehall, replete with screens full of constantly updated data and his minions all seated within his sight. Apparently, the nearer one is seated to Dom the more favoured one is..

Pathetic little man.

Never forget how he updated his blog about covid to make himself look more intelligent than he actually is.

Urmstongran Wed 02-Sep-20 20:43:15

I like that ‘U’ turns are done. It demonstrates that he government is responding to concerns (such as those from Andy Burnham, the Mayor of the city I live in).

I also like that Boris called Keir Starmer ‘Captain Hindsight’ today!
?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 20:44:45

Urmstongran

I like that ‘U’ turns are done. It demonstrates that he government is responding to concerns (such as those from Andy Burnham, the Mayor of the city I live in).

?

Blimey ug you are really scrapping the barrel

Urmstongran Wed 02-Sep-20 20:52:06

Just a different opinion is all.
?

Jaberwok Wed 02-Sep-20 21:47:07

I agree Urm, it was as a nice touch! I agree over U turns too. The situation changes all the time and the government has a to respond to that. It would be irresponsible not to. I just hope Boris holds firm with that bully Barnier! Give way to EU demands and we might as well have stayed in that hell hole which would be grim indeed.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 21:49:55

Johnson was asked tonight by the 1922 committee if he had become a prisoner of No 10. Apparently he didn’t answer.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 21:52:49

It seems that the Tory party is beginning to get very nervous.

I give Johnson at most a year perhaps less after January 1st becomes a chaotic disaster of shortages, on top of economic recession and second wave.

biba70 Wed 02-Sep-20 21:53:09

so why did we agree on the Deal planned and the conditions- and then totally go back on everything agreed. Bully Barnier - but gosh- he has the patience and integrity of a Saint. Do you really believe that it would be fair for the EU to agree that we should have all the advantages of being in the EU, without any of the responsibilities and on better terms than the members? Really? They would be mad to agree.

growstuff Wed 02-Sep-20 21:54:05

Whitewavemark2

Urmstongran

?

Blimey ug you are really scrapping the barrel

Liking childish insults from somebody who called Starmer an IRA supporter and refused to retract says something.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 21:59:10

Christopher Chope reads out quotes from his constituents about the Govt. Inept & incompetent... incoherent & indecisive.. authoritarian & arrogant... as these criticisms become increasingly difficult to rebut... it's essential Boris Johnson gets a grip.

Johnson is on notice.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 02-Sep-20 22:01:27

It seems that as soon as the 1922 committee start getting twitchy then the PM is on borrowed time unless he gets his house in order.

Fat chance!

Anyone fancy Gove as PM?

vegansrock Thu 03-Sep-20 03:13:38

So many U turns suggests incompetence in the first place. Smearing insults at someone and being unable to answer questions without waffling and bringing up irrelevances confirms incompetence.