Gransnet forums

News & politics

Uh Uh Harry ?

(556 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 23-Sep-20 18:40:49

Oh Harry.

Please leave the political comments to Meghan.

Just keep it zipped

?

Oopsminty Wed 23-Sep-20 20:10:42

Grumpygran12

I agree with BlueBelle!

You agree that they don't invite comments?

That's bizarre!

MawB2 Wed 23-Sep-20 20:16:41

eazybee

There is a news item about them nearly every day in the DT. Their press officers are earning their keep.
Latest: they didn't have anything to do with the recently published book about them.
WELL!

As a DT reader I would definitely challenge that assertion!

I hardly ever read anything about them except at those times, like now, when they are in the headlines across the board or when that book was in the headlines.

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-20 20:20:10

President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski teed off on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after they recorded a video plug urging Americans to register to vote and Harry urged Americans to 'reject hate speech.'

'They made Britain great again by leaving, I hope they do the same for us,'

Noooooo. You can keep them. grin

lemongrove Wed 23-Sep-20 20:21:49

I do my best to avoid listening to anything they say.Perhaps
American voters try and do the same.

lemongrove Wed 23-Sep-20 20:22:58

They remind me of John and Yoko.....another rich and sanctimonious couple who believed the world was waiting on their words.

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-20 20:32:33

lemongrove

They remind me of John and Yoko.....another rich and sanctimonious couple who believed the world was waiting on their words.

What's the point in being an actress if you can't morph into an other character. grin

Anniebach Wed 23-Sep-20 21:05:14

It doesn’t bother him that if Trump wins the election and makes a visit to the U.K. his grandmother and his father will
have to greet him.

He doesn’t need his father now he has Netflix.

trisher Wed 23-Sep-20 21:11:26

What's wrong with it? It's a simple short speech telling people to vote. I would have thought that was something most on GN would approve of. Isn't it good to encourage people to take part in the democratic process? Interesting that Harry says he can't vote in this election, do you suppose he is planning to become a US citizen?

Ellianne Wed 23-Sep-20 21:19:41

Isn't it good to encourage people to take part in the democratic process?
Yes, that bit is fine trisher, but what's with the five or six shots of THEM on tour making wide eyes. As someone already said, they think they are protagonists in every show, even the presidential elections.

Callistemon Wed 23-Sep-20 21:49:03

I hardly ever read anything about them except at those times, like now

I only read about them on Gransnet, MawB
?

tidyskatemum Wed 23-Sep-20 21:49:39

Yet another example of having your cake and eating it from the tedious Sussexes. Protocol is that royals are studiously neutral when it comes to politics. So here they are being distinctly unroyal and independent lecturing the US public on what to do while at the same time happily grabbing at every offer their royal status presents. Time for Queenie to cut them off, I think.

SueDonim Wed 23-Sep-20 21:56:47

What's wrong with it? It's a simple short speech telling people to vote. I would have thought that was something most on GN would approve of.

Being told to vote by a man who has never voted in his life? Do as I say, not as I do comes to mind.

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-20 22:04:06

Do as I say, not as I do comes to mind.

Or, 'Do as my wife says because I do as I'm told!'

biba70 Wed 23-Sep-20 22:07:12

Nonsense- they did not endorse any candidate- but reminded everyone how important it is to vote. Quite right too.

If some of you think what they say is endorsing one candidate and not the other- than it is because they are spot on.

Anniebach Wed 23-Sep-20 22:10:41

If she hadn’t married Harry !

biba70 Wed 23-Sep-20 22:18:46

Why- they have opted out.

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-20 22:23:29

Opted out of what?

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-20 22:31:50

In the video Harry comments on the fact that in the UK he wasn't able to vote for 'his entire life.'

Neither has anybody else. grin

Anniebach Wed 23-Sep-20 22:38:34

Opted out ? No way, they have kept their titles

Oopsminty Wed 23-Sep-20 22:40:52

merlotgran

In the video Harry comments on the fact that in the UK he wasn't able to vote for 'his entire life.'

Ha!

Very true smile

SueDonim Wed 23-Sep-20 23:24:12

merlotgran

grin

eazybee Thu 24-Sep-20 08:14:07

Further to his comments yesterday there is a front page picture in the DT of Harry wearing his increasingly familiar sour expression, next to a messy looking Meghan. This is to draw attention to the fact that Buckingham Palace has distanced itself from his intervention in the US election.

Lucca Thu 24-Sep-20 08:19:26

“ next to a messy looking Meghan. ”. She looks good in the photo in the Times, wearing a brownish shirt ? Surely she doesn’t have to wear a dress and handbag ........
Once again, not saying I support her or anything just disagreeing on a fashion issue before I get shouted at !

Anniebach Thu 24-Sep-20 08:58:16

Harry has lived in America for a few months and is telling
Americans to vote .

I wouldn’t want an American husband of a British tv actress
telling me to vote.

MawB2 Thu 24-Sep-20 08:59:59

biba70

Why- they have opted out.

No they have kept their titles and Harry has kept his HRH and position in the line of succession.