Gransnet forums

News & politics

The bus said it cost £350 million A WEEK to be in the EU

(76 Posts)
paddyanne Mon 26-Oct-20 23:30:24

The ONS confirmed it was actually £150 million today.
Thats a bit of a bargain....Scotland contributes £577 Million A WEEK ...not such a good deal when we have to go begging for finance when we need it .
Barnet isn't a GRANT its pocket money from our own income.
THATS the reason Gove has decided to have acampaign to "save the union" I think he means save England..we'll do very well without it.Shame so many down south haven't cottoned on to the truth yet .It will come as a shock when they realise WHO the scroungers are and it aint us!!

Summerlove Tue 27-Oct-20 20:02:42

Message deleted by Gransnet as it repeats a previously deleted post. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marydoll Tue 27-Oct-20 20:15:55

It's against GN guidelines. However, as the post is still here, there must be different interpretations of what constitutes a personal attack.
I am certainly confused.

MawB2 Tue 27-Oct-20 20:41:05

Add comment | Report | Private message | Quote Firecracker123 Tue 27-Oct-20 17:21:12
Up pops my little Lucca haven't you anything to do lol

How is it that an accusation of being a troll is still up 3 hours after it has been posted?
Are HQ too busy watching all the lovely ????????? on Bake Off? .

MawB2 Tue 27-Oct-20 20:43:05

Should have been 5 * between “little “and Lucca but I did not want to repeat the accusation!

Summerlove Tue 27-Oct-20 21:04:08

It might still be there if it hasn’t been reported. I certainly have not reported it, I’d rather people see what someone else has said

vampirequeen Tue 27-Oct-20 21:21:36

There is no reason why Scottish independence shouldn't be discussed as often as anyone wants. If you don't like certain subjects don't read the OP or join in the thread.

phoenix Tue 27-Oct-20 21:51:34

Can't believe that offensive post is still there angry

MaizieD Tue 27-Oct-20 22:10:17

phoenix

Can't believe that offensive post is still there angry

It'll stay there as long as it goes unreported. I thought we all knew that...

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 23:20:41

As it's so ridiculous it may as well stay unreported unless Lucca decides otherwise.

Hope you're not feeling too ill, Lucca and your result is negative.

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 23:22:18

I thought we all knew that
I thought GNHQ had an alarm bell which woke them up/stopped them eating cake whenever the T word was mentioned.

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 23:23:00

Or certain all-in-one items of clothing.

Firecracker123 Wed 28-Oct-20 05:30:40

Goodness me what a load of fuss over nothing seems a lot of posters have nothing better to do lol.

Callistemon Wed 28-Oct-20 10:29:31

Speak for yourself.

biba70 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:30:07

Which bit, the 'offensive' post, or the massive lie told to the people about the money we pay to EU to be full member?

Not bothered about the first, but certainly very bothered about the lies of the Brexit campaign. As even Rees Mogg agreed without hesitation, that a second Referendum now would be totally and absolutely in favour of remain, now people know the reality (the vast majority who do not have their heads firmly stuck in the sand, in denial).

Callistemon Wed 28-Oct-20 10:33:26

Which bit, the 'offensive' post, or the massive lie told to the people about the money we pay to EU to be full member?
Interesting question, biba

Perhaps Firecracker means that the £350m on the bus and Brexit itself is a load of fuss over nothing.

maddyone Wed 28-Oct-20 10:39:42

I’m not sure that I’ve got anything better to do than waste my time on Gransnet grin
The rain is hurling down outside, and the thought of a long winter ahead in semi lockdown is too depressing. Scottish independence or Brexit are as good a topic as any others in this weather.

For my money, if the Scots want independence, they should be able to have it, so I don’t agree with BJ that there should be no further referendum. However, just now with Covid restrictions might not be the right time.

Callistemon Wed 28-Oct-20 15:08:59

maddyone we just had a hailstorm with thunder and lightning - it was quite spectacular!

I must go and watch some paint dry now.

M0nica Wed 28-Oct-20 16:22:18

*Callistemon, we have just experienced something similar, with a brief powercut added in for further entertainment

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Oct-20 16:27:50

I am in S E Essex, we have just had a horrendous storm complete with hail stones, must be travelling the country ☔️?

PetitFromage Wed 28-Oct-20 16:39:16

I'm not bothered either way whether Scotland become independent, but I am deeply sympathetic to the fact that they are being forced out of the EU, against their wishes.

I also think that Ireland should reunite - that would be the one positive that may result from Brexit.

biba70 Wed 28-Oct-20 16:40:59

so do it littlecheese- but I have many relatives in NI, and the subject is VERY VERY explosive still- a subject we never ever dare discuss. Brexit is much less controversial actually.

maddyone Wed 28-Oct-20 17:47:45

I’ve thought for long enough that Ireland should unite, but my opinion is irrelevant as I don’t live there. I’ve known for a long time that the subject is explosive in NI.

Sounds like lots of us have some explosive weather today today.

Alegrias2 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:14:58

Contrary to this idea that the only thing we talk about in Scotland is independence, here is just a little example of how a parliament can act when party politics and egos are put to one side. The Scottish 5-level system was debated and voted through unanimously this week.

news.stv.tv/scotland/five-level-coronavirus-alert-system-to-begin-on-monday

M0nica Thu 29-Oct-20 20:18:59

maddyone, I agree with you, but I am half Irish, one quarter southern the other quarter northern, so my views would always be seen to be driven by my religious background. There is no such thing as a neutral opinion on ireland.

phoenix Thu 29-Oct-20 20:25:24

Firecracker123

Goodness me what a load of fuss over nothing seems a lot of posters have nothing better to do lol.

And which bit exactly did you think was a "fuss over nothing" exactly, Firecracker123 ?