Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trumps son had Covid for 15 minutes

(52 Posts)
GagaJo Wed 28-Oct-20 10:27:13

The bloke is an idiot.

Donald Trump said his son Barron only had “coronavirus for 15 minutes” before it was gone in his latest bold speech.

The President made the bizarre claim at a rally in Martinsburg, Pennsylvania yesterday

“Of course Barron had it,” he told the crowd referring to the virus he, his First Lady Melania Trump and their son Barron, 14, were first diagnosed with earlier this month.

“I said, "What's the story, doc, with Barron?"

Acting out both parts, the doctor replied: “Sir, he tested positive.”

“Like 15 minutes later,” Trump said, he asked the doctor: “How's Barron doing?”

“Sir, it's gone,” Trump said the doctor told him, as the crowd cheered and laughed.

Spice101 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:57:56

ExD

Would you want the job? No-one with and brain at all would want it!

No, but there are plenty with huge egos that would.

Lucca Wed 28-Oct-20 11:58:55

I think the idea may be to get Biden in then fairly soon He ducks out due to ill health and Kamala takes over . Have I spelt/spelled that right ?

I say this as an acknowledged world authority on American politics you understand.......not.

Oopsminty Wed 28-Oct-20 12:06:42

MaizieD

25Avalon

Biden is 78. He’s showing signs of getting muddled too calling Trump George. Trump is 74. God help the world whichever gets in.

I''ve not seen the clip but I understand he was referring to the guy interviewing, who is called, guess what?

George...

You understand wrong, MaizieD

Here is the clip for you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsuUj6iFf2M

His wife quietly points out his mistake

Four more years of George

I'm glad I'm not American as I wouldn't want to vote for either of them

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ

He also said he was running for senate

What a pair of candidates

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:06:46

Lucca

I think the idea may be to get Biden in then fairly soon He ducks out due to ill health and Kamala takes over . Have I spelt/spelled that right ?

I say this as an acknowledged world authority on American politics you understand.......not.

You and the rest of us???

glammanana Wed 28-Oct-20 12:09:41

I am waiting with bated breath to hear the speech given by Trump if Biden wins the vote !!

Esspee Wed 28-Oct-20 12:10:04

My son and family are in Texas and he says that if Trump doesn’t win they are expecting riots.

Oopsadaisy4 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:11:49

The US needs someone younger, but at the end of the day it’s the one with the most money who will be able to run, not common sense or brains.

Esspee Wed 28-Oct-20 12:13:04

Sorry, just read my post and it could be read as they are expecting riots in Texas. That is not what I meant.
May I edit and change Texas to USA.

MaizieD Wed 28-Oct-20 12:13:51

I said I hadn't seen the clip.

I stand corrected.

I don't understand how the US ends up with such poor candidates, but, OTOH, we got Johnson, so I expect the US is just as baffled by us...

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:16:33

MaizieD

^You understand wrong, MaizieD^

I said I hadn't seen the clip.

I stand corrected.

I don't understand how the US ends up with such poor candidates, but, OTOH, we got Johnson, so I expect the US is just as baffled by us...

So do I

I read somewhere that the interviewers name was George.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:19:50

Esspee

My son and family are in Texas and he says that if Trump doesn’t win they are expecting riots.

Yes I think that is a real fear amongst many Americans.

What the democrats need is a runaway win, so nothing can be questionEd or taken to court, but I’m afraid it won’t happen.

sodapop Wed 28-Oct-20 13:46:48

I wouldn't wish a big breakout of Covid on anyone Trisher My grandson now lives and works in America, not everyone supports Trump or shares his beliefs.

Grandmafrench Wed 28-Oct-20 14:01:02

Isn't he just wonderful ?! And next week Emperor Orange may choose to part the Red Sea or, maybe, feed an entire rally on a couple of loaves and fishes !

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Oct-20 14:27:13

We have just under a week.

grumppa Wed 28-Oct-20 15:00:05

Will a re-elected Trump herald The Last Trump?

trisher Wed 28-Oct-20 18:16:37

sodapop

I wouldn't wish a big breakout of Covid on anyone Trisher My grandson now lives and works in America, not everyone supports Trump or shares his beliefs.

I don't think I suggested or wished an outbreak on all America, just those Trump supporters who attend rallies and ignore safety precautions. I'm sure you are not the only one with American relatives.

janipat Sat 31-Oct-20 21:23:21

But trisha to wish Covid on Trump supporters who didn't wear masks at the rallies would not ensure they didn't pass it on to innocents who were observing safety rules. You don't have to have relatives in the USA, I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone, it is a horrible death if it ends like that.

EllanVannin Sat 31-Oct-20 21:27:14

Maybe Barron suddenly smiled and it went.

grannyrebel7 Sat 31-Oct-20 21:33:53

It'll be interesting to see who wins. Have a horrible feeling it will be Trump. Just hope I'm wrong.

Welshwife Sat 31-Oct-20 21:53:07

DS and his wife and eldest son have already voted. It is much the same as postal voting here - ballot papers go into two envelopes the inner one has just the voting paper and the outer one also includes a signed declaration.
The interesting thing is that the voting papers do not just have the Presidential candidates on it but also more local officials.
There are sealed voting boxes at various places such as outside Police stations where you can pop your vote.
Many of the other candidates such as Beto O’Rourke drop out of the race early on due to lack of funds to continue.

GagaJo Sun 01-Nov-20 08:36:19

Wonder who Melania voted for?

biba70 Sun 01-Nov-20 16:24:11

did you see how he leant towards her to check???

NannyJan53 Sun 01-Nov-20 18:28:40

If you read about a character like Trump in a novel, you would have a hard time believing someone like this existed.

Hetty58 Sun 01-Nov-20 18:31:03

I struggle to understand how on Earth he was voted in!

MamaCaz Sun 01-Nov-20 19:26:45

Oopsminty

MaizieD

25Avalon

Biden is 78. He’s showing signs of getting muddled too calling Trump George. Trump is 74. God help the world whichever gets in.

I''ve not seen the clip but I understand he was referring to the guy interviewing, who is called, guess what?

George...

Here is the clip for you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsuUj6iFf2M

His wife quietly points out his mistake

Four more years of George

I'm glad I'm not American as I wouldn't want to vote for either of them

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ

He also said he was running for senate

What a pair of candidates

I've watched that clip several times and I really can't hear Biden's wife pointing out his 'mistake'. confused