Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trumps son had Covid for 15 minutes

(51 Posts)
GagaJo Wed 28-Oct-20 10:27:13

The bloke is an idiot.

Donald Trump said his son Barron only had “coronavirus for 15 minutes” before it was gone in his latest bold speech.

The President made the bizarre claim at a rally in Martinsburg, Pennsylvania yesterday

“Of course Barron had it,” he told the crowd referring to the virus he, his First Lady Melania Trump and their son Barron, 14, were first diagnosed with earlier this month.

“I said, "What's the story, doc, with Barron?"

Acting out both parts, the doctor replied: “Sir, he tested positive.”

“Like 15 minutes later,” Trump said, he asked the doctor: “How's Barron doing?”

“Sir, it's gone,” Trump said the doctor told him, as the crowd cheered and laughed.

FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 10:28:52

Bloody hell!shock

maddyone Wed 28-Oct-20 10:29:33

That truly is bizarre.

Sparklefizz Wed 28-Oct-20 10:37:42

I'm glad I'm not in the US having to vote because honestly, could they not have chosen a better candidate than Biden (who seems half dead) to stand against Trump?

Jane10 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:38:57

Oh God. Fingers and toes crossed for America next week.

maddyone Wed 28-Oct-20 10:42:00

I agree Sparklefizz the choice available to the American people is abysmal.

biba70 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:44:25

Jane, not only for America !

Toadinthehole Wed 28-Oct-20 10:47:54

They really are stuck between a rock and a hard place aren’t they? Nothing Trump says surprises me. He really is just his name.....a big bag of wind, carrying loads of obnoxious garbage in it!?

EllanVannin Wed 28-Oct-20 10:54:13

They want to stop their yapping and get something constructive done. Actions speak louder than words.
I'm sick of hearing lip service dished out both there and here with nothing happening. Is it because they like to hear their own voices, or what ?
I've never known the like of it in all my life. Yapping machines !

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:57:41

It amazes me that in a country the size of the states - could they only find two old codgers to stand for this most important role!! Would either of them survive the term?

Toadinthehole, I love your description of him!!!

Callistemon Wed 28-Oct-20 11:00:43

That's truly amazing.
Did he not tell us all what the miracle cure was so that we can be prepared?

I do hope Mrs T and Barron are well now.

Charleygirl5 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:01:48

I could be wrong but I heard Biden was 79 years old. That is far too old and as somebody said in a country that size surely there is not somebody younger and with half a brain?

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:05:09

Yes Charleygirl, but wouldn’t you need to find someone with the other half!? Honestly, what a complete shambles it all is. Those poor Americans!

25Avalon Wed 28-Oct-20 11:08:02

Biden is 78. He’s showing signs of getting muddled too calling Trump George. Trump is 74. God help the world whichever gets in.

twinnytwin Wed 28-Oct-20 11:11:59

Biden is 77 years old - will be 78 on 20 November. Trump is 74 and was the oldest president ever inaugurated.

phoenix Wed 28-Oct-20 11:13:03

Dagenham Donald ----- very near Barking!

ExD Wed 28-Oct-20 11:17:38

Would you want the job? No-one with and brain at all would want it!

Wheniwasyourage Wed 28-Oct-20 11:18:22

phoenix grin

I keep waking up in the middle of the night worrying about Trump getting back in - I don't care what the polls say, the crazy unusual electoral system they have seems to give him a good chance - and it's pointless as there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I fear for us all though, particularly our DC and DGC. sad

ExD Wed 28-Oct-20 11:18:33

ANY brain (not And)
should really learn to review my messages.

trisher Wed 28-Oct-20 11:19:20

Well watching his rallies most of his supporters either don't believe in the virus, or think they are immune. No mask wearing, no social distancing! Would it be very wrong to wish for a huge breakout on the day of the election, so they can't vote?

Wheniwasyourage Wed 28-Oct-20 11:31:02

The trouble is that most of them have probably voted already, trisher, so that wouldn't help. And I don't know how that works either!

Wheniwasyourage Wed 28-Oct-20 11:31:21

The early voting, I mean.

trisher Wed 28-Oct-20 11:40:34

Oh dear! And I had great hopes watching the iijits all shouting and hugging each other!
They probably do believe Barron had it for 15 mins- they might even believe his dad cured him!

Luckygirl Wed 28-Oct-20 11:50:37

Surely that pronouncement alone would be sufficient to make no-one vote for him as they would realise he is completely bonkers?

MaizieD Wed 28-Oct-20 11:53:14

25Avalon

Biden is 78. He’s showing signs of getting muddled too calling Trump George. Trump is 74. God help the world whichever gets in.

I''ve not seen the clip but I understand he was referring to the guy interviewing, who is called, guess what?

George...