Queues at Dover and other ports will NOT be a problem

(54 Posts)
biba70 Fri 04-Dec-20 12:18:03

well explained here by someone who knows

www.facebook.com/groups/RemainInTheEuropeanUnion/permalink/2850546415220035/

Whitewavemark2 Fri 04-Dec-20 17:45:11

There will be loads of lamb spare

GillT57 Fri 04-Dec-20 18:25:39

Blimey QQ don't let a bit of humour spoil your day eh?

biba70 Sat 05-Dec-20 13:33:42

I for one would be delighted if remaining old orchards are pruned and put back to use. England has the best apples and pears in the world, and I always made a fuss when I could only find French and other countries' apples. Same for cheeses, and many vegetables and other goodies. But who is going to pick them? And as much as I adore Stilton, proper Cheddar and Leicestershire and so many fabulous UK cheeses- not sure there is enough to go round and it is nice to use both local and a variety of cheeses, and other stuff, from elsewhere.

In Zurich, there is a really nice English guy who sells the very best of British cheeses- and he is very successful. The Swiss are always surprised just how amazing British cheese are. But a mixed platter with the best of British, best of Swiss, best of France (I am really NOT keen on Italian cheeses I have to say) - is wonderful. I like my cheeses mixed, and languages, and cultures, and families and friends, and music ... and everything.

Great to be proud of your country, in our case, our several countries - but nationalism, no.