Gransnet forums

News & politics

This is utterly shameful

(187 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 16-Dec-20 13:17:31

Sky is reporting that for the first time in its history UNICEF is planning to feed hungry children

Whitewavemark2 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:29:20

I wonder what sort of relationship Mogg has with his God?

EllanVannin Sun 20-Dec-20 13:30:44

Aren't we getting " our own money back ?".That which is sent to UNICEF from the UK ?

EllanVannin Sun 20-Dec-20 13:32:20

Go onto Google and tot up how much this country sends out in foreign aid. I'm all for charity beginning at home myself.

EllanVannin Sun 20-Dec-20 13:33:56

Millions being sent to those abroad while our own are suffering. Is this right ? No it damn well isn't.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:34:35

I see children as the responsibility of mankind regardless of where in the world they reside.

“Suffer little children”

Grany Sun 20-Dec-20 13:39:35

PM

Galaxy Sun 20-Dec-20 13:41:03

Yes I dont feeling less responsibility for children because they live somewhere else. I have always found that odd.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:43:26

I’m exactly the same. I don’t distinguish at all. If a child is in distress and I could do something to mitigate the distress I will. They are all just the same, innocents who need help.

GillT57 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:57:34

I am not suggesting for one moment EV that you are such a person, but it has been suggested that the people who say that charity begins at home and we should look after our own first, are very often the same people who say that if people can't feed their children, they shouldn't have them. A hungry child is the same to me if they are in a bombed out house in Syria or a cold flat in Southwark. They didn't vote for it and those that did should be ashamed of themselves.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 20-Dec-20 15:37:17

I have said up post that the saying charity begins at home is used incorrectly EV and does not mean what you are suggesting.

Me too Galaxy and Whitewave, you can’t choose.

Grany Tue 22-Dec-20 21:38:01

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUUYcUQcxI

For the Health of the British Public, Boris Johnson MUST GO | Professor John Ashton