Gransnet forums

News & politics

The other title is totally out of sink- this is orchestrated fascism

(219 Posts)
biba70 Wed 06-Jan-21 21:29:06

in the USA, right not. Let's not talk about 'throwing toys out of pram'.

Never forget the armed thugs and domestic terrorists currently storming the Capitol in Washington DC, didn’t come from nowhere.
They are the end result of a carefully orchestrated strategy to destabilise the US, allowed to work by the power-greed and self-interest of politicians and media pundits, at least some of whom knew what Trump was and that his dog whistle fascism was very wrong.
There are many, many connections between Trump’s story and the people currently running the U.K. - not just similarities but the same shadowy figures, the same strategies, the same data harvesting and dark disinformation campaigns.

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:32:27

Thinking not thing

Buffybee Wed 06-Jan-21 23:33:14

Thanks for the link Callistemon!
Hilarious!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:33:48

Callistemon

mobile.twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/1346951525084512257

Thanks
. I did find it funny.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:35:33

Trump can’t be allowed to delay the inauguration! Even if it takes place in the WH and televised. It must go ahead.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:40:09

Lies have brought about this situation.

We have our own home grown liar who needs condemning.

We know that leaflets have been issued encouraging people to lie to win a point.

It must stop.

Chewbacca Wed 06-Jan-21 23:43:05

I've been watching CNN news live and they've just reported that one of the people shot in the Capitol building has now died. One other, also shot, in critical condition. They're talking about invoking the 25th Amendment.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:52:07

In a weird way America could come out of this smelling of roses, if it shows it’s democracy is strong and the population becomes less divided as a result of policies over the next four years.

But it must be very intelligent in its actions.

Lolo81 Thu 07-Jan-21 00:03:46

Will be interesting to see if they ratify the election in congress - they’re planning on continuing tonight.
If the Republicans apply some common sense they could reunite their party and some of their dignity by forgetting all of this nonsense they’ve been espousing!

absent Thu 07-Jan-21 00:12:44

I think the situation is that if the inauguration cannot take place on 20 January, it will still be valid if it takes place before the end of January. I am not sure what happens if it doesn't. Presumably, the Presidency temporarily reverts to the Speaker of the House until it can take place.

GagaJo Thu 07-Jan-21 00:22:18

Biba and WWM, I see the links between them and us. Less so now, I think the UK govt have at long last realised the severity of covid even if they are still hugely mismanaging it. But in the first few months, it was a free for all of bungs to their mates. Easy money etc. Like vultures picking at corpses.

It seems almost unbelieveable to me that the Trump lunacy should follow Obama. But I guess when you have a culture so firmly built on the sin of deep, institutional racism (slavery), any move away from it will have a strong counter reaction.

I am no historian, but is there a precedent for this in other historical events?

Mamardoit Thu 07-Jan-21 05:01:06

They need to get that man out of the White House. Men in white coats and him in a straight jacket. Is there really no way they can do this even at this late stage?

How can they leave him in charge. He wants to start a civil war in the US and if he chooses to nuke China......whose stopping him?

Mamardoit Thu 07-Jan-21 05:18:50

Sorry Who's stopping him.

Lolo81 Thu 07-Jan-21 06:17:11

From what I’ve seen and read even if they do try and impeach him via the 25th amendment it would require 2/3’s of both houses to pass because he would object.

Given the the timeframes involved with less than 2 weeks before Biden takes office it’d be an exercise in futility.

Ideally there would be adults in the Oval who confiscate his phone and lock him in his bedroom for the next fortnight!!

mokryna Thu 07-Jan-21 06:26:50

His accounts both with Twitter and Facebook have been blocked now.

Baggs Thu 07-Jan-21 06:28:48

The important thing, Biba, is that the coup failed.

Baggs Thu 07-Jan-21 06:34:22

Pence and McConnell seem to have turned tail at the crucial moment. It has been my hope throughout the US elections that the Constitution and democracy would withstand Trump's worst. They have.

mokryna Thu 07-Jan-21 06:36:27

A few years ago it was suggested that certain people working in the White House were trying to keep the President under control. It is a shame they didn’t leave listening devices.

Elegran Thu 07-Jan-21 08:58:16

Maybe they did, Mokryna, but were not making the fact public until Trump was no longer President. He would have had them charged with treason for conspiring against him.

Smileless2012 Thu 07-Jan-21 09:03:58

Biden has been certified as the next President; thank goodness.

lemongrove Thu 07-Jan-21 09:04:03

M0nica

It is not a 'fascist coup' because it didn't succeed and didn't stand a snowball in hell's chance of succeeding

It was, as the police described it a riot, some thousands of people but like at Donald Trumps inauguration, numbers present were over stated, there was room for people to wander around outside, lots of empty space, even in the steps of the Capitol. If there was any real support for Trump the area outside the Capitol would have been packed solid and tens of thousands, if not 100,000 people would have been present. They weren't.

Like any would-be tin-pot despot, Trump has a hard core of supporters almost as stupid as he is, but while today's events bring nothing but shame on the country, the real loser is Trump himself, who made himself alaughing stock and alienated many people who had, until today, supported him.

Good post M0nica and saves me time as I don’t now have to type it.

Elegran Thu 07-Jan-21 09:44:14

It was an attempt to mount a fascist coup. The intention will get much the same treatment as a successful result would have.

growstuff Thu 07-Jan-21 09:48:57

There are reports that four people have died. Does anybody know who they were and the circumstances?

Lucca Thu 07-Jan-21 09:51:55

Smileless2012

Biden has been certified as the next President; thank goodness.

Hmm, I had to grin, trump needs to be certified........

Lucca Thu 07-Jan-21 09:52:41

Inauguration Day is my birthday. To see trump ousted will be a good present.

jaylucy Thu 07-Jan-21 09:53:15

I'm just waiting for the muck to hit the fan when it is found out just what Trump, family and followers have really been up to.
How on earth a country can put their faith into someone that is a bankrupt with the amount of public funds that he has had control of is completely beyond me!