Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Good that Men do - Donald Trump?

(236 Posts)
BigBertha1 Thu 14-Jan-21 12:40:23

I dont usually join in the politics on here but I was just wondering over breakfast with DH today did DT do any good during his term of office- anything at all??

Alegrias1 Sat 16-Jan-21 12:40:14

I got my DNA done a few years ago. Turns out my ancestors walked in from Doggerland about 10,000 years ago.

I was going to make a joke about the "johnny come lately" Neolithic people but probably best to avoid those kind of jokes just now. grin

MaizieD Sat 16-Jan-21 13:12:58

Callistemon

^Exactly who are the 'indigenous' Brits?^

The Welsh, of course!

That's what I thought, Cal wink

It's worrying, though, to think that people who really believe that there are indigenous Britons seem to have been given more of a voice than previously...

NannyC2 Sat 16-Jan-21 16:23:05

To answer the question, Yes!
I am not going to give a list any but I will say that the game of 'Chess' has many twists and turns.
Love you all - keep strong, not too much longer to wait now. x

{confused}

Lucca Sat 16-Jan-21 16:40:48

NannyC2

I am not going to give a list any but I will say that the game of 'Chess' has many twists and turns.

{confused}

What question ?

Lucca Sat 16-Jan-21 16:41:55

White wave. What is all that indigenous britons thing ? Is it some kind of extreme right ?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Jan-21 17:04:47

Lucca

White wave. What is all that indigenous britons thing ? Is it some kind of extreme right ?

I have no idea, but I suspect so. I posted it after listening to an FBI agent who was saying how the white supremacists have found a sympathetic ear amongst a certain group in the U.K.

It is easy to dismiss this sort of thing, but any member of the BAME community etc would I think feel uncomfortable.

I think the question is - who is taking the message on board? I think most of us know the names of certain politicians who are known to have contact with such people as Bannon etc., but worryingly I assume this message has also gone into groups in our society, just like it has done in USA.

We know that the right wing media including Murdoch had been very influential in supporting Trump and his acolytes , of course the same ownership is in the U.K.

Iam64 Sat 16-Jan-21 18:42:55

We have a family historian who has my fathers line back to 1647. My dna test from ancestry says I’m Northern European, danish, Scottish and Irish. I suspect I’m similar to many other English people, a mongrel and delighted so to be.
One of the scariest Trump,supporting banners I saw, said American should be returned to the Whites ?. It would be funny, if only it was.

varian Sat 16-Jan-21 20:20:56

NannyC2

{confused}

What are you waiting for nannyC2?

Callistemon Sat 16-Jan-21 20:28:43

That sounds quite ominous

Whitewavemark2 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:27:32

Trump offering pardons for $2million according to that honest broker Giuliani.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:29:23

varian

NannyC2

{confused}

What are you waiting for nannyC2?

I assume you mean the relief of having Biden as president?

Lucca Mon 18-Jan-21 10:30:39

“ One of the scariest Trump,supporting banners I saw, said American should be returned to the Whites ?. It would be funny, if only it was.”

Really do you have a link? That goes nicely with the “trump is a genius that’s what J is for” clip that I saw
No cure for stupidity eh

varian Mon 18-Jan-21 14:11:03

Among the few Trump supporters to have criticised the president is the Reverend Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.

Supporters of President Donald Trump join in a mass prayer out front of the Michigan State Capitol Building to protest the certification of Joe Biden as the next president on January 6, 2021

He told the Houston Chronicle that Mr Trump "bears full responsibility for encouraging what amounted to an attempted insurrection".

Of people erecting crucifixes and waving religious banners on display in Washington that day he said "it just adds to the scandal to have God dragged into this equation, as if there's divine sanction for this kind of unconscionable activity".

Mr Mohler is currently running for president of the Southern Baptist Convention - the largest protestant denomination in the US - and will hold significant sway if he wins.

Nevertheless, polling expert Robert P Jones says Mr Biden has "his work cut out" for him when it comes to cooling the temperature and uniting America's political, racial, and religious divides.

"I don't see any movement here," he said of Mr Trump's evangelical supporters.

"Nothing that President Trump has done in the last four years has deterred white evangelical support at all."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55578096

What is wrong with these people????

varian Mon 18-Jan-21 17:55:21

Listen to Tony Schwarz, the ghostwriter who actually wrote "The Art of The Deal by Donald Trump" and has been troubled by that for many years.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRgVOwR7o4M

varian Sat 30-Jan-21 11:56:09

A former KGB spy has claimed that Russia cultivated former President Donald Trump as an asset for over 40 years – and said there were celebrations in Moscow after their success in getting him to espouse anti-Western ideas and propaganda.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kgb-spy-trump-asset-russia-b1794955.html

Jane43 Sat 30-Jan-21 12:56:35

Trump used the same tactics Hitler used - that of ‘big lies’. Hitler called the press ‘the enemy of the people’ as did Trump. This article explains how Trump used big lies to radicalise his supporters.

www.salon.com/2021/01/28/donald-trumps-big-lies-how-millions-of-americans-were-radicalized/

Unless the Republicans are brave enough to suppress Trump I fear he will be back, if not in person in influence, and the second Trump era will be more dangerous than the first.

I really wish NannyC2 would explain to us exactly why she has such faith in Trump and his rhetoric and why she believes his obvious lies and false promises.

varian Sat 30-Jan-21 21:18:29

Good to see the GOP telling the truth about Trump

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/gop-cruz-hawley-billboards-trump-b1794894.html

varian Mon 01-Feb-21 11:15:26

Unfortunately it looks like the majority of GOP Senators are likely to support Trump "even if he stood in Fifth Avenue and shot some one"

Trump loses his impeachment team amid unfaltering loyalty from the GOP

edition.cnn.com/2021/01/31/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-marjorie-taylor-greene-gop/index.html

NannyC2 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:10:00

This thread was from Jan 21st??
Have you not worked it out yet? The clues are all there.....turn off your TVs -avoid the media, walk out of the mist and look for the truth.
Yes, I still have faith in Trump who is fighting this 3rd world war against evil.
So pleased we have 'military' at the 'top' currently in America.
A couple of queries you may help me with...
1. What has happened to our 'Corporation?' and why is Company House in London closed---you will see a message if you look it up which states..'! Latest from Companies House ... London office and information centre (closed').

2. Ever wondered why you don't have your ORIGINAL birth certificate?

BigBertha1 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:24:29

I'm amazed this thread I started is still going.

NannyC2 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:35:25

Yes, BigBerthal it is amazing after 11 days, I agree.

NannyC2 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:38:31

Whoops sorry - it's the 18th day now we are on 1st Feb!

Lucca Mon 01-Feb-21 12:39:19

NannyC2

This thread was from Jan 21st??
Have you not worked it out yet? The clues are all there.....turn off your TVs -avoid the media, walk out of the mist and look for the truth.
Yes, I still have faith in Trump who is fighting this 3rd world war against evil.
So pleased we have 'military' at the 'top' currently in America.
A couple of queries you may help me with...
1. What has happened to our 'Corporation?' and why is Company House in London closed---you will see a message if you look it up which states..'! Latest from Companies House ... London office and information centre (closed').

2. Ever wondered why you don't have your ORIGINAL birth certificate?

3. What on earth are you talking about ?

NannyC2 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:57:42

Sorry I have to write in ' code' Lucca - have to be careful and follow guidelines!!
Basically, I still believe in Trump and there are many things happening which people don't seem to be picking on?
Finally, I threw in a couple of questions which I had hoped someone would be able to give me the answers to.

NannyC2 Mon 01-Feb-21 12:58:54

should read (picking up on)