Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Good that Men do - Donald Trump?

(236 Posts)
BigBertha1 Thu 14-Jan-21 12:40:23

I dont usually join in the politics on here but I was just wondering over breakfast with DH today did DT do any good during his term of office- anything at all??

suziewoozie Sun 14-Feb-21 12:48:20

NannyC2

Democrats FAILED to impeach Trump

No they didn’t - he’s been impeached. ( twice now as it happens). He was found not guilty at his trial because most of the Republicans put their own interests before their country ( founds familiar?) and why the shouty capitals? Those of us who actually understand what’s going on knew this was going to be the result and said so upthread. The only question was how many Republicans had a moral backbone.

grannyrebel7 Sun 14-Feb-21 12:54:55

I hear he's got away with insurrection and the impeachment trial has floundered. Can't believe it! He can now stand for the next election in 2024 and he probably will! So glad the US is in the hands of a decent human being for a good while anyway. I think Kamala Harris will stand when Joe's term comes to an end.

Jane43 Sun 14-Feb-21 14:45:14

grannyrebel the trial didn't really flounder, the inevitable happened, we all knew what was going to happen. The Democrats put their case very well, they had a list of witnesses to call but the Trump side said they would call at least 100 witnesses meaning that the trial would have dragged on for months preventing the Biden administration for doing important business doing what Trump failed to do regarding Covid relief and vaccinations. No matter how many witnesses were called the result would have been the same.

starstella Sun 14-Feb-21 14:51:07

WELL HE LIVES UP TO HIS NAME ,I HAVE ALWAYS REGARDED HIM AS SUCH

MaizieD Sun 14-Feb-21 15:14:47

I expect there to be a number of civil cases against him now. Perhaps he'll be locked up for fraud....

(What was that shouty message all about, starstella?)

starstella Sun 14-Feb-21 17:19:35

SORRY MAIZIED I USE CAPS SO I CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE TYPED,EVEN WITH GLASSES I STRUGGLE.SOMEONE UP POST WONDERS IF HE KNOWS WHAT HIS NAME MEANS HERE? I DETEST THE MAN AND HIS NAME IS FITTING.

Elegran Sun 14-Feb-21 18:31:20

STARSTELLA YOUR DEVICE MAY HAVE A WAY TO USE A LARGER FONT. THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO SEE WITHOUT MAKING PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE SHOUTING AT THEM. IF YOU KEEP USING CAPITALS YOU COULD BE IN FOR LOTS OF COMMENTS ABOUT SHOUTS.

Jane43 Sun 14-Feb-21 20:44:23

MaizieD

I expect there to be a number of civil cases against him now. Perhaps he'll be locked up for fraud....

(What was that shouty message all about, starstella?)

Let’s hope so but he seems to be Teflon coated. He makes sure other people do his dirty business for him such as his former lawyer Michael Cohen who went to prison for him.

NotSpaghetti Mon 15-Feb-21 11:53:09

Elegran ??

varian Mon 15-Feb-21 18:33:57

Trump has committed many crimes, that is beyond doubt and could surely be proven in court.

There surely should be one or more state in the US which has the guts to charge him and convict him so that he is locked up.