Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meghan Markle Reportedly Wanted to Keep Her American Citizenship So She Could Get Into Politics Markle 2024?

(133 Posts)
mokryna Sun 21-Feb-21 13:40:10

This is a headline from an American magazine last September. Considering the last president was publicly known for a popular tv program what do you rate her chances?

grandMattie Sun 21-Feb-21 13:43:23

With her title? Sorry US citizens, but if they were stupid enough to vote for the Donald....

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 13:43:55

She is more than known for a part in a tv soap now

Blossoming Sun 21-Feb-21 13:49:22

I’m sure she would make a valuable contribution in whatever sphere she chose to involve herself. She is intelligent, articulate and beautiful.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 21-Feb-21 13:50:28

President Meghan with Harry following 2 steps behind her as 1st husband?
Stranger things have happened.

Smileless2012 Sun 21-Feb-21 13:51:40

Well if that's true, she never had any intention of being a working member of the Royal family. So why on earth did she marry PH and why does she keep going on about how badly she's been treated by them, and the British public and media, this being constantly trotted out rhetoric to 'explain' their decision to leave?

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 14:01:21

Being married to Harry has given her the world stage, a useful
short cut perhaps

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:02:00

Maybe she wanted someone to raise her profile , a stepping stone?
I think that if she had married the heir to the throne rather than the spare, she would still be here.

Riverwalk Sun 21-Feb-21 14:03:34

'Reportedly' and 'magazine'.

So basically, gossip.

No wonder they both buggered-off!

Iam64 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:05:56

Perhaps, she fell in love with Harry as he clearly did with her.
Can’t tell you how relieved I am that my daughters married/live with ordinary young men they went to school with.

Smileless2012 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:06:00

If they'd stopped seeking publicity after they'd "buggered-off" there'd be a lot less gossip about them.

Dinahmo Sun 21-Feb-21 14:26:48

Parallels between Prince Harry and Edward V111?

Smileless2012 Sun 21-Feb-21 15:05:25

Yes I think there are Dinahmo and how sad to think that Harry could end up living the un fulfilled and in many ways goalless and ostracised life of his uncle.

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 15:26:45

FGS - I’d prefer a oh it must be half term thread to these vicious bilious nasty poisonous MM threads proliferating on here. The thread is utterly disgusting

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 15:32:44

Hahaha suziewoozie, I was about to eye roll at YET another MM thread and I saw your name.

NellG Sun 21-Feb-21 15:32:52

Klaxon Clean up in aisle 5. A flying monkey seems to have left an unpleasant 'gift'.

The shock of other people having an opinion must have upset its stomach.

Galaxy Sun 21-Feb-21 15:35:42

I suppose we all have different ideas of unfulfilled dont we. Harry's life looks quite good to me.

eazybee Sun 21-Feb-21 15:37:12

So why on earth did she marry PH and why does she keep going on about how badly she's been treated by them ?

For the money and the prestige and the pathway to celebrity; she disregarded the bit about duty and loyalty has no meaning for her. She had to have a reason for leaving although her presentation as victim is wearing a little thin.

I think this was her plan from the very beginning and explains the presence of Oprah, only met once previously, at her £32 million wedding, why she retained her US citizenship and left Britain within a year of her wedding.

Whether she intended Harry to come too remains to be seen.

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 15:39:48

Exactly Galaxy. Happy together, lovely little lad, another baby on the way. Such a lovely phase in their lives.

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 15:42:23

suziewoozie

FGS - I’d prefer a oh it must be half term thread to these vicious bilious nasty poisonous MM threads proliferating on here. The thread is utterly disgusting

Can’t do better than repeat this

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 15:43:05

NellG

Klaxon Clean up in aisle 5. A flying monkey seems to have left an unpleasant 'gift'.

The shock of other people having an opinion must have upset its stomach.

WTAF is this post about?

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 15:44:41

Hahahaha SW. Talk about talking s**t.

Galaxy Sun 21-Feb-21 15:46:50

Kate's life on the other hand looks like my idea of hell but she might like it, however if she ever wanted to leave I wouldnt be hounding her about it.

Alegrias1 Sun 21-Feb-21 15:47:54

I'm starting to wonder if its a problem with me, maybe a bit of my brain is missing. Everybody else seems to know exactly what is going on in the heads of the whole RF, knows what their motivations are and is familiar with the tiniest details of the dastardly plans of side-lined royals for world domination. She invited somebody to the wedding so that 2 and a bit years later they would invite her onto their chat show. Wow, the forward planning skills of that woman are praiseworthy indeed.

Feeling a bit left out, to be honest..... wink

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 15:48:04

I certainly wouldn't want to be a nodding dog. And neither did a couple of Harry's exes, according to the MSM.