Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meghan Markle Reportedly Wanted to Keep Her American Citizenship So She Could Get Into Politics Markle 2024?

(134 Posts)
mokryna Sun 21-Feb-21 13:40:10

This is a headline from an American magazine last September. Considering the last president was publicly known for a popular tv program what do you rate her chances?

NellG Sun 21-Feb-21 22:34:49

Galaxy Seek and ye shall find.

I'm off to do penance for my 'potty mouth', I dunno, wash it out with soap or something? Wouldn't want the sensitive to have to clutch their pearls without knowing I'd paid some price for my foulness...

Nicegranny Sun 21-Feb-21 22:48:36

I suspect Harry was traumatised by his mothers death and has never got over it.
Love Megan or hate her , she has made him happy.

Old saying.

A vagina can drag you further than gun powder can blow you.

Apologies to any sensitive person’s for my crude statement but it’s not as crude as the original ?

merlotgran Sun 21-Feb-21 22:51:35

Blimey! grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 21-Feb-21 22:57:35

Anniebach

Yes lemongrove so true. Who can forget they wanted privacy at the birth of their child, ok, but Harry made an announcement that there would be no announcement, baby born and he called the press to Windsor to talk much about what was suppose to be no announcement , then again called the press into Windsor for a photo shoot .

Yes, that was comical. The latest royal baby (Eugenie's, and very cute) was just introduced a few days ago via a photo taken by the midwife of him with his mum and dad. No fuss, no drama.

mokryna Sun 21-Feb-21 23:07:16

Wow I didn’t expect all that.
Well, I think she could become someone in US politics, Americans have voted not only for Trump but also Ronald Reagan for the top job. Arnold Schwarzenegger was governor of California, he couldn’t be President because as we all know he wasn’t born in the States. However, she lives in California and was born in America.

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 23:11:52

Galaxy

I think I must be very shallow, I cant concentrate on anything now except wondering about the weird threads.

I have looked in a few times. The role playing is disturbing.

NellG Sun 21-Feb-21 23:16:29

mokryna In relation to your OP - I'd say her chances are fair if that's the direction she's choosing to go in. Kamala Harris has set a high bar though.

maddyone Sun 21-Feb-21 23:58:34

mokryna
I don’t know whether politics is the reason Meghan kept her American citizenship, but I can’t see any reason why she would have wanted to give it up. I do wonder why she started the citizenship process in Britain though, because apparently she’s not proceeding with it, and in any case, she would need to be living in the UK to qualify for citizenship.