Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meghan Markle Reportedly Wanted to Keep Her American Citizenship So She Could Get Into Politics Markle 2024?

(134 Posts)
mokryna Sun 21-Feb-21 13:40:10

This is a headline from an American magazine last September. Considering the last president was publicly known for a popular tv program what do you rate her chances?

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:01:00

RulaNula

Overblown comments are also allowed, suziewoozie!

You can't dictate how people word things.

If I've told people this once, I've told them a million times

It's not up to you. It's not up to me.

People will post.

If you don't like it you can report it. It's that easy.

It might not get deleted though. Comments you find awful may well be acceptable by those in charge.

I’m not talking about reporting comments I’m talking about the right to criticise comments I don’t agree with without being asked why I don’t just leave the thread

varian Sun 21-Feb-21 18:09:33

My OH is younger than the DoE, slightly older than Prince Charles, much poorer but nicer, cleverer, funnier and sexier than either of them, but his main advantage is that he is not royalty, not famous, not followed around by papoarazzi or ever mentioned in the gossip columns, so I would never change places with any of the Royals.

merlotgran Sun 21-Feb-21 18:12:08

Gregg Wallace is getting a pasting on a thread about him but I don’t see any circling sharks despite some unkind comments.

Any thread about MM offers them a feeding frenzy.

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 18:14:00

MM has admirers

RulaNula Sun 21-Feb-21 18:18:34

Oh I haven't asked you to leave, suziewoozie.

Without you they would all die off anyway so we need your input.

And I too find it fascinating.

But just remember that we all have different opinions.

And that's what makes it interesting. We certainly don't want to live in a world where we all agree.

RulaNula Sun 21-Feb-21 18:19:55

varian

My OH is younger than the DoE, slightly older than Prince Charles, much poorer but nicer, cleverer, funnier and sexier than either of them, but his main advantage is that he is not royalty, not famous, not followed around by papoarazzi or ever mentioned in the gossip columns, so I would never change places with any of the Royals.

You and me both, varian

Bird in a gilded cage

It's not a life I'd want to live

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:23:30

RulaNula

And that's what makes it interesting. We certainly don't want to live in a world where we all agree.

I was making a general point - apologies if you thought I just meant you. I rather think I’m not the only one of my persuasion do not sure why you’ve picked me out specially. And thanks for the reminder that we all have different opinions, I’d no idea that was the case

Iam64 Sun 21-Feb-21 18:23:42

And me, varian and RulaNula - Prince Harry’s childhood, not a life I’d want for myngrandchildren

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 18:25:48

No insult intended to your OH Varian, but it isn't hard to be an improvement of Prince C.

Think it might be time to repeat your point again suziewoozie. It's been a while.

NellG Sun 21-Feb-21 18:27:07

suziewoozie

RulaNula

I was making a general point - apologies if you thought I just meant you. I rather think I’m not the only one of my persuasion do not sure why you’ve picked me out specially. And thanks for the reminder that we all have different opinions, I’d no idea that was the case

But most manage it with less hubris.

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:31:40

Nell all I can respond is pot kettle black

Alegrias1 Sun 21-Feb-21 18:34:35

I quite admire Gregg Wallace. He's very good in the factory thing. Somebody telling me they don't like his TV appearances, or that they dont want to see him with his top off, doesn't worry me too much.
If they told me he was corrupting a member of the Royal Family, that he was responsible for the illness of an elderly man, and was a scheming actor only out for what he could get, well, then I might say something.

RulaNula Sun 21-Feb-21 18:34:37

But most manage it with less hubris.

Well said, NellG. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Enjoy your mission, Suziewoozie.

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 18:36:14

Slight over egging , no NellG? I don't see suzie as having a fatal character flaw. A lot of other things, but... wink ??

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:38:06

RulaNula

*But most manage it with less hubris.*

Well said, NellG. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Enjoy your mission, Suziewoozie.

Some people would call this ganging up on a personal attack on a poster.

Iam64 Sun 21-Feb-21 18:38:24

Is that a personal attack on sooziewoosie?

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 18:39:35

Oh goodness, not again. I thought we'd just got rid of all that.

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:39:53

Iam64

Is that a personal attack on sooziewoosie?

Yes it is

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 18:40:42

Suzie, I am glad you're back. Your humour and vigour has been missed (IF you have been away, I might just not have seen your posts).

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 18:42:04

Why can’t those who keep criticising posters who criticise
MM give their opinion on the tv interview on the S.A. visit , or
explain why you dislike criticism of both H & M not bothering to visit her father even after their engagement

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:44:27

GagaJo

Suzie, I am glad you're back. Your humour and vigour has been missed (IF you have been away, I might just not have seen your posts).

Oh dear .

Sparkling Sun 21-Feb-21 18:44:54

They would probably love her, they did Trump after all. When a woman alienates the whole of her extended family, prepared to walk down the aisle by herself, yes I can see her in politics.

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 18:46:41

suziewoozie

GagaJo

Oh dear .

Eh? Sorry. Have you been here the whole time?

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 18:47:12

Yes definitely in politics , I really do believe this is her goal.

suziewoozie Sun 21-Feb-21 18:48:14

I had a few weeks off starting in December. Came back recently