Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Conservatives have claimed Good Friday

(531 Posts)
suziewoozie Fri 02-Apr-21 23:04:23

Just when you think they can’t sink any lower

lemongrove Thu 15-Apr-21 20:24:22

Haha, certainly not easy on this thread Smileless?

OnwardandUpward Thu 15-Apr-21 21:13:25

It doesn't matter how nicely you mean something or how well you express it, there will always be someone who thinks you said something else sigh.

It's also possible to say something that (to me) means one thing and then someone else to interpret that completely differently. I find it exhausting and in the past I've spent so much time trying to explain what I actually meant that the whole thing feels like a waste of time. We are all coming from different perspectives and there's no hope of all agreeing- yet arguing is pointless as well.

PippaZ Thu 15-Apr-21 22:03:01

It doesn't matter how nicely you mean something or how well you express it, there will always be someone who thinks you said something else sigh.

You don't have to convince a "someone" OnwardandUpward. If those of you using your religion, to "have a bit of fun" or whatever you thought you were doing, truly believe in the Christian God I would have thought you would believe He sees what you do and how you treat people and that would be what matters.

I just wonder why it has taken so long to admit there could be another, valid, point of view, but thank you for doing so.

Smileless2012 Fri 16-Apr-21 08:05:12

"arguing is pointless as well" I agree Onwardandupward especially when it interferes with an otherwise interesting discussion.

You can say that again lemongrovegrin.

PippaZ Fri 16-Apr-21 08:34:09

So you've now decided to work as a group to stop anyone "interfering" with what you seem to consider to be "your" discussion. The three of you working together to create a deliberate block on the conversation.

You are acting like small children in a playground, gathered around another and chanting. I am beginning to think that all some want on Gransnet is to put their point of view and not be "troubled" by the views of others and especially not accept that their perspective as a valid one because, in your cases, you believe you have "God" on your side. So while you pass biblical passages backwards and forwards what do you think your God makes of this behaviour being carried out in His name which you throw about so easily?