Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mr Johnson and Mr Cummings

(744 Posts)
Iam64 Fri 23-Apr-21 18:55:04

Demonic has suggested that Mr Johnson has been not entirely honest about his communications with James Dyson.

I recognise many people believe Mr J was ‘doing his best for the country in a pandemic’ when he offered to sort the tax for Mr Dyson. But, do we want ethical government or not?

MayBee70 Fri 23-Apr-21 19:06:40

I still don’t understand why someone would be asked to manufacture ventilators when they had no experience of such things and they were needed immediately. Or not really as it soon became apparent that oxygen and c pap machines were far more beneficial. To be quite honest the sleaze revelations of the past few days have left me totally confused as to who did what, who texted who etc etc. Even more confused when I turn on the tv and there’s Johnson kicking a football round a football pitch. Either the worlds gone totally mad or I have.

Sarnia Fri 23-Apr-21 19:34:45

I wondered when Cummings would be making himself known again. He went a bit too quietly. He must have a fair bit of insider knowledge on several issues. Strap yourself in. It may be a bumpy ridegrin

Galaxy Fri 23-Apr-21 19:52:03

Surely they cant both be so idiotic, a fight between the two can only be incredibly damaging to both of them.

keepingquiet Fri 23-Apr-21 19:57:39

Yes, they can both be idiotic. Cummings drove 200 miles to get an eye test and Johnson managed to finish up in Intensive Care with Covid.
Not quite as idiotic as people who voted for them though...

suziewoozie Fri 23-Apr-21 20:05:23

And remember the third person in this dysfunctional relationship - apparently the hatred between Demonic and Carrie Antoinette is
the stuff of legends. Apparently D has blogged that it was one of her friends who leaked the news about the coming lockdown in the autumn which some argue, increased the number of cases. CA, DC and BJ are as foul a trio of people as could ever be imagined.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Apr-21 20:29:23

The most terrifying thing is that Mr.Gove has been extremely quiet...

25Avalon Fri 23-Apr-21 20:35:31

Interesting!

Gannygangan Fri 23-Apr-21 20:38:29

Demonic and Carrie Antoinette

Well, that's given me the biggest laugh of the day.

Thanks, suziewoozie

EllanVannin Fri 23-Apr-21 20:44:00

Isn't Gove still in Israel ?

MaizieD Fri 23-Apr-21 21:01:41

I always think of him as the 'slithy Gove', though I'm sure that is doing the original a disservice...

Perhaps Dilyn had him for breakfast one day and has buried his bones somewhere in Carrie's newly decorated flat....

PippaZ Fri 23-Apr-21 21:22:43

I love Demonic.

Suggested paper headline tomorrow (not mine). "Hit by the Atom Dom".

MaizieD Fri 23-Apr-21 21:54:25

Here is the Demonic attack in full:

I especially like this bit, from the man who drove to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight...

It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves.

dominiccummings.com/2021/04/23/statement-regarding-no10-claims-today/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

PippaZ Fri 23-Apr-21 22:15:23

Cummings has nothing to lose really, has he.

suziewoozie Fri 23-Apr-21 22:53:31

None’s got anything to use because Johnson can do whatever he wants and his supporters will lap it up.

suziewoozie Fri 23-Apr-21 23:00:27

Use =lose < sigh>

MayBee70 Fri 23-Apr-21 23:06:15

All the awful things that Johnson has done and yet it looks as though the thing that might finish him is the money he spent on his flat.

suziewoozie Fri 23-Apr-21 23:35:03

As if - nothing will finish Johnson off.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Apr-21 01:51:09

Unless no 10 can manage to placate Cummings or at least put a lid on him, his appearance at next months select committee on the governments response to the covid emergency should be interesting.

Anyone know how close he still is to Gove?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Apr-21 02:01:24

Choices, choices

James O'Brien
@mrjamesob

Who do you believe? A scumbag who's spent his entire life lying to wives, mistresses, voters, employers & party leaders or a weirdo who won Brexit by sticking a massive lie on a bus & claims he drove 60 miles with his baby son in the back of the car in order to test his eyesight?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Apr-21 02:57:06

I read with interest that after Johnson’s wheeze to encourage donors to pay for the No 11 flat, and then being told that it was unethical, if not illegal, Johnson apparently paid for the flat himself.

Now, the question is knowing Johnson’s income it is clear that his outgoings far exceed his income.

Johnson still has questions to answer.

HMRC must be a tad puzzled.

Alexa Sat 24-Apr-21 07:10:38

The Conservative ethic is such that there is no need for surprise when the Greedy Party becomes even more greedy.

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 07:14:55

Whitewavemark2

Unless no 10 can manage to placate Cummings or at least put a lid on him, his appearance at next months select committee on the governments response to the covid emergency should be interesting.

Anyone know how close he still is to Gove?

There are some who believe that he and Gove live in the same cupboard, that Murdoch has anointed Gove as the next PM and that this is all an orchestrated plot to achieve that end. Gove has disappeared so he can play Mr Innocent when the time comes. Me, I think Gove hasn’t à hope in hell and that the success of the vaccine roll out was never anticipated.

Riverwalk Sat 24-Apr-21 07:29:52

From Cummings's blog:

I will not engage in media briefing regarding these issues but will answer questions about any of these issues to Parliament on 26 May for as long as the MPs want.

If DM sticks to that, Bozzer will have a month to ponder what else he will spill the beans on.

It's gloves off grin

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 07:35:13

But River it won’t matter. It really won’t.