Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Harry

(157 Posts)
62Granny Sun 23-May-21 13:34:37

In a week that it has been proved that the media manipulated his mother do you think the same is being done to Prince Harry? There is something new ever day at the moment and I feel he is being used by Oprah for publicity.

Greendress Mon 24-May-21 11:20:45

Ellianne
I certainly don't believe they should meet ANY of H&M's demands. It's seems to me that they only starting the whingeing and sniping when Charles stopped funding them.

Sparklefizz Mon 24-May-21 11:22:54

I agree Greendress.... and once you begin paying off a blackmailer, the demands will continue.

Smileless2012 Mon 24-May-21 12:48:33

I think describing H as a "professional victim" us very apt tinyskatemum and I agree with Greendress and Sparklefizz that it would be wrong that any of their demands, whatever they may be, be met.

If public apologies are on their wish list, then they need to make some public apologies of their own, and the first thing H needs to do is zip it.

moggie57 Mon 24-May-21 12:57:15

harry should back off completely . the more he involves himself in the netflix thing and mental health issues ,the more lies the media tells .its a shame that he cant be part of the royal family . his son is missing out on the company of other royal children ..all this stiff upper lip is victorian , the royal family need to get a grip on modern times . i think being a member of the royal family must be retrained and claustrophobic ,but only if you let it be so ,william and kate seem to cope .

Anniebach Mon 24-May-21 12:57:43

Perhaps Charles stopping the cash flow was the first time Harry
heard - No

Sparklefizz Mon 24-May-21 13:39:26

Anniebach

Perhaps Charles stopping the cash flow was the first time Harry
heard - No

I'm pretty sure you're right, Annie

Ellianne Mon 24-May-21 14:01:18

So how come Harry can go from thanking his father in his wedding speech for everything - walking his bride down the aisle, looking after Doria who was on her own, footing the bill, welcoming Meghan into the family - to now sniping at his father at every opportunity.
The OP is perhaps right that Harry is being manipulated and encouraged. He is in too deep to backtrack or to see things clearly.

maddyone Mon 24-May-21 14:24:50

Ellianne

So how come Harry can go from thanking his father in his wedding speech for everything - walking his bride down the aisle, looking after Doria who was on her own, footing the bill, welcoming Meghan into the family - to now sniping at his father at every opportunity.
The OP is perhaps right that Harry is being manipulated and encouraged. He is in too deep to backtrack or to see things clearly.

That is indeed very puzzling.

Libbee Mon 24-May-21 14:39:29

Prince Harry has suffered a lot from losing his Mum early in life and being the ‘spare’ in relationship to the throne. However his actions now are not helping him and he will end up with no relationship with his British Family. Megan has already cut ties with her family apart from her mother and because Harry is in desperate need of love and empathy I feel that Meghan is manipulating him into the position he is in now because she wants full control of what they do.

Anniebach Mon 24-May-21 14:50:40

I too think she is manipulating him, he said he didn’t know he was angry until she told him he was !

maddyone Mon 24-May-21 14:55:20

Anniebach

I too think she is manipulating him, he said he didn’t know he was angry until she told him he was !

I also find that an illuminating comment.

poshpaws Mon 24-May-21 15:25:51

Well. What a lot of Harry hate.

Personally what I see is a very strong man, who fought with no special treatment for his royal status, in Afghanistan; battled serious mental ill health for many years on his own, for the sake of his dysfunctional family, then when he met a woman he loved had the nous and the backbone to remove her and himself from a truly toxic situstion which clearly had no hope for improvement.

As to him wanting funding from the deceitful wimp of a father who used his mother as a broodmare, I haven't read/heard anything about him asking for that, only his saying how hurt he was when his father cut him off financially. I expect anyone who'd been accustomed to such an income would see it for the snub it was clearly intended to be.

Harry & Meghan would seem to be making a success of their new lives, and I for one wish them all the best and appreciate the efforts both are making to help improve the lives of others.

Bridgeit Mon 24-May-21 15:43:01

Posh paws, are you saying that Diane couldn’t think for herself? the families go back many years , they were all known to each other .....
I for one would not be dissuaded from from the choice I made when young ...... mistakes are made, most of us have gone throughs similar situations , that is life , we are only human after all.

Sparkling Mon 24-May-21 15:50:40

I think the last thing that Harry and Megan are doing is making a success of their lives. I really think it’s getting unkind now to broadcast Harry’s rants as he is clearly mentally ill and needs help. Why can’t the press just leave him alone, once he’s said these dreadful things about his family, it will make it very difficult to make up with them, as I’m sure he will want to do in the future. It must be very hard for the Queen.

Callistemon Mon 24-May-21 15:51:32

I expect anyone who'd been accustomed to such an income would see it for the snub it was clearly intended to be.

I have no way of judging whether or not that was hurtful as I know of no-one personally who receives an income of half a million pounds annually from a parent.

It does sound rather spoilt brattish, though.

25Avalon Mon 24-May-21 16:08:15

I agree Sparkling. “Logic is like the sword those who appeal to it shall perish by it” said Samual Butler. The same could be said of the press.

Alegrias1 Mon 24-May-21 16:11:00

poshpaws I just wanted to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

Ellianne Mon 24-May-21 16:28:45

I love quotes 25Avalon. Shakespeare is a favourite of mine because he has a timeless and universal understanding of human nature.

It is to be hoped people can learn from adversity, real or perceived. Finding the smallest positive point about a difficult situation shows how resilient one can be.
We don't just whinge and give up when the going gets tough We have to embrace the changes, move forward and come out better human beings.
I hope Harry finds an inner stillness on his own without all the clap trap he is being fed.

25Avalon Mon 24-May-21 16:32:53

Elliane in modern parlance “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”. Not everyone is tough though.

Ellianne Mon 24-May-21 16:37:08

25Avalon

Elliane in modern parlance “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”. Not everyone is tough though.

I agree, 25Avalon, some are unable to cope. Maybe Harry is in some ways right to think his family should have spotted his inability to handle life earlier on. Maybe if his mother had lived she could have nurtured his sensitive soul more.
I just don't think his current advisors are helping the situation.

Ilovecheese Mon 24-May-21 16:40:25

I am just glad that nobody writes such horrible things about one of my grandchildren.

Sparklefizz Mon 24-May-21 17:04:18

Ilovecheese

I am just glad that nobody writes such horrible things about one of my grandchildren.

I wonder how any of us would feel if one of our grandchildren chose to broadcast to millions all their anger and spent a couple of hours criticising everything we had done in the past and what we stood for ... knowing that we wouldn't answer back.

Ilovecheese Mon 24-May-21 17:09:37

Well I certainly wouldn't want a group of strangers writing horrible things about them.

Lillie Mon 24-May-21 17:10:57

No one is being horrible. It looks to me as if people are trying to puzzle out what is going on. It is a recognized fact that Harry has slipped from being the most popular royal.

I am thankfull my grandchildren don't go round falsely telling everyone how horrible I am.

eazybee Mon 24-May-21 17:15:33

The point is, most family rows are conducted in private and their grievances are not broadcast to the world in exchange for payment to an already extremely wealthy couple.

That is what angers so many people.