Gransnet forums

News & politics

Brexit, Polls have turned, not just one, but all of them, but one

(354 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Kali2 Mon 07-Jun-21 09:55:04

And this over a long period of time now. This year only, we are at 74 to 1.

The Labour Party have asked me to embrace Brexit. I can certainly accept that it has happened, but I will never ever embrace it.

lemongrove Thu 10-Jun-21 15:35:20

GrannyGravy13

PippaZ

Some of the recent posts sound like the sort if thing you hear from those who are being scammed but cannot stop believing the "person" exists, is real and they have a relationship with them. They go on and on believing this fabricated being is worthy of their love and money because they want so much to be in that relationship and when, it turns out, they are being played by crooks who are out to take all the can they sometimes still cannot stop believing in the invention. They believe in spite of all and any evidence presented to them. I'm stunned, to be honest.

Totally agree PippaZ all of these posters unquestionably supporting the EU over the UK, how silly of them

Brilliant GG ??

lemongrove Thu 10-Jun-21 15:39:15

GillT57

The argument regarding exploited EU labour is spurious; this is down to employers knowing that they can break the law regarding minimum wage, working conditions, employment rights, without fear of prosecution. All happening under Tory administration. Blaming those exploited EU workers for what happens to them is beyond belief, and just the kind of emotive stuff that ghastly people like Farage drummed up. Get unskilled labour to blame migrant unskilled labour rather than the employers. Nice move and sadly thousands of voters sucked it up.

Have you seen the documentaries about the workers ( non Spanish) and their terrible conditions and pay in Spain?
It’s unbelievable...until you see it.

GillT57 Thu 10-Jun-21 15:54:00

Yes lemon of course I have seen reports and I think it is disgusting as anyone should. There are exploitative employers everywhere, most we cannot do anything about. Why would you think that I either don't know or don't care?