Gransnet forums

News & politics

Michael Gove divorce

(178 Posts)
MayBee70 Fri 02-Jul-21 18:12:31

So Michael Gove is getting divorced now. Surely he hasn’t been having an affair?

Zennomore Fri 02-Jul-21 19:26:23

He’s Married ? Poor woman.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:29:25

I’m afraid I have no time for Vine. The children are of course another matter, but Vine has a foul and spiteful tongue.

MayBee70 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:31:12

varian

MayBee70

It’ll cause problems with a future leadership bid won’t it.

Why?? It never caused a problem for Johnson.

But he doesn’t have Johnson’s boyish good looks and amazing charisma so wouldn’t get away with it.

Ilovecheese Fri 02-Jul-21 19:31:32

It's the domino effect. When one marriage breaks up, others follow.

varian Fri 02-Jul-21 19:32:39

Sarah Vine is a right wing jounalist who seems to like words like venom and vitriol which are often repeated by Tory GNetters.

No wonder she has often been called Sarah Vile.

NfkDumpling Fri 02-Jul-21 19:32:58

MawBe

I should regret the break up of any marriage particularly where there are children, but I also find them both very unlikable characters .

Recently, columnist Sarah said Matt Hancock’s affair with Gina Coladangelo was “entirely predictable” because marriages suffer when one partner works in politics.
She wrote: “The problem with the wife who has known you since way before you were king of the world is that she sees through your façade… She knows that, deep down inside, you are not the Master of the Universe you purport to be. “

She knew whereof she spoke.

When I read that article I did wonder how they were still together!

MayBee70 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:33:49

Remember when Gove and his wife went out for the night and their young son was found wandering round the hotel looking for his parents. And we think the country is safe hands with these people.

Callistemon Fri 02-Jul-21 19:34:17

Nanna58

Oh please , he can’t have had an affair, It was hard enough to imagine someone finding the gormless Matt Hancock irresistible, but Michael Gove??? No- it must just be an amicable split

Perhaps she did?

Actually my reaction was "You cannot be serious!"
They seemed to be a fairly stable partnership.
I feel sorry for their children.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:39:55

I think journalists should give them as much privacy as she gave Harry and his wife. That seems fair.

Oldbat1 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:41:41

Gove gives me the creeps. He is a slimy toad. I wondered why he hasn’t been spouting forth recently. I don’t know much about her at all. It is the children I feel sorry for in these situations.

Framilode Fri 02-Jul-21 19:47:22

I think it's more like a Philip Schofield moment than a woman cabinet minister.

MrsAllboys Fri 02-Jul-21 19:48:51

I heard rumours about Gove as soon as Matt Hancock's transgression surfaced.
It was rumoured that he (Gove) was in a gay relationship.
However, gay or straight, he was allegedly in a relationship. So maybe he and his wife have decided to pre-empt
the paparazzi and get the announcement in, thus preventing (they hope) any unwelcome probing and scandal. ??

SueDonim Fri 02-Jul-21 19:51:51

Whitewavemark2

There have been rumours. One wonders about the woman who is willing though???

Other genders are available.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:56:49

SueDonim

Whitewavemark2

There have been rumours. One wonders about the woman who is willing though???

Other genders are available.

So I gather ??.

Was Gove the minister who was found out to have shared a hotel room with a bloke and charged the tax payer. He said he was saving money???.

That was probably someone else. God they are all at it.

Do they ever do any work?

Doodledog Fri 02-Jul-21 19:59:36

Do they ever do any work? ?

The big question is not whether he has been having an affair, or whether the person concerned is male or female, but whether there has been any more corruption.

If there is, announcing the split now isn't going to make it go away.

SueDonim Fri 02-Jul-21 20:01:47

Oh yes, the hotel room! I don’t think that was Gove but I forget who it was.

As for work, they do say if you want something done, ask a busy person… grin

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 20:01:51

Well it seems pretty normal for the hotel bills to be charged to the tax payer. That seems pretty corrupt to me.

SueDonim Fri 02-Jul-21 20:03:39

Hmm, Googling ‘shared hotel room politician’ brings up links to William Hague.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 20:09:04

SueDonim

Hmm, Googling ‘shared hotel room politician’ brings up links to William Hague.

Oh yes that’s right I remember now, it was definitely him.

eazybee Fri 02-Jul-21 20:09:18

William Hague shared a room with an aide once, and there were unpleasant comments about his marriage and his lack of children until his wife was forced to disclose publicly the struggles they had endured in trying to conceive.

The problem, I honestly believe, is that they all do work, very hard, and subsequently have less and less time to spend with their families, form relationships with work colleagues, hence the disintegration of their marriages.

NfkDumpling Fri 02-Jul-21 20:18:45

Quite easzybee.

Alegrias1 Fri 02-Jul-21 20:26:16

Maybe if Gove has a paramour it will be a plotline on Corrie soon. Seems to be a trend there.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 02-Jul-21 20:26:52

Oh yes and Fox he was keen on taking a friend and charging the taxpayer wasn’t he?

Casdon Fri 02-Jul-21 20:34:07

Something rang a bell with me. Maybe what goes around comes around.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886246/Chief-Whip-named-Michael-Gove-Minister-false-gay-affair-claim.html

growstuff Fri 02-Jul-21 20:40:26

I have no idea if it's true and, frankly, I don't care, but Gove was rumoured to be having an affair with Dominic Cummings in 2016. You can Google an article in the Mail and Mary Wakefield's article about it in the Spectator. The only interesting thing about the smear was that the person who "leaked" it was Gavin Williamson, who was David Cameron's Chief Whip at the time. It's been hinted more than once that the reason the hapless Williamson hangs on to his job is that he knows secrets which some people wouldn't like to be revealed. It would certainly make a good plotline somewhere (not sure about "Corrie").