Gransnet forums

News & politics

PMQT Today….

(62 Posts)
MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 13:05:10

Does anyone know the names of the two MP’s that Johnson accused of lying today? I know the first was Labour: not sure about the second. I’d like to contact them.

JaneJudge Thu 08-Jul-21 16:55:36

I do apologise for my error blush

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Jul-21 17:21:32

Apparently it is normal and plain good manners for the PM to welcome the new members to the house.

A young woman has just entered the HoC whose sister was murdered because she stood for decency and truth.

Our totally ungracious PM couldn’t bring himself to welcome this young woman. What a shabby man he is.

Kali2 Thu 08-Jul-21 21:11:48

just disgusting and so so low- utterly despicable. She has more guts than all of them put together.

Saetana Fri 09-Jul-21 00:43:48

Starmer may as well not bother with PMQs - Boris is teflon, nothing sticks to him and Starmer has been seriously limp on challenging the government since he was elected as Leader. Starmer's so-called forensic approach is as much use as the proverbial chocolate fireplace when it comes to PMQs. Its a bunfight and has zero to do with everyday politics - soundbites resound on all sides and frankly its not worth watching.

MayBee70 Fri 09-Jul-21 01:32:06

I disagree. Starmer says just what needs to be said and and just lets Johnson make more and more of a fool of himself.

Sarnia Fri 09-Jul-21 08:16:51

Whitewavemark2

Apparently it is normal and plain good manners for the PM to welcome the new members to the house.

A young woman has just entered the HoC whose sister was murdered because she stood for decency and truth.

Our totally ungracious PM couldn’t bring himself to welcome this young woman. What a shabby man he is.

Good post Whitewavemark2 If he wants to see a liar he needs to look in a mirror. Odious man.

Granartisan Fri 09-Jul-21 10:11:57

Couldn't gransnet be a politically free zone? Its really boring to hear the same opinions over and over, let's lighten up!

MoorlandMooner Fri 09-Jul-21 10:21:17

Granartisan

Couldn't gransnet be a politically free zone? Its really boring to hear the same opinions over and over, let's lighten up!

There are 50 non-political forum topics on Gransnet. This morning I've read about bras, dogs and sweet potatoes in addition to PMQT.

I like the political discussion and hearing all the opinions. I don't think two are ever exactly the same. I don't always agree...but I like to hear what other people think and sometimes what I read changes my way of thinking.

MayBee70 Fri 09-Jul-21 11:02:29

Granartisan. With respect I asked a question on the forum and am grateful to the people who answered my question so I could take up the matter with the people concerned. If you obviously have no interest in politics and certainly wouldn’t have watched PMQT, ( or the liaison committee afterwards) can I ask why you bothered to reply to this thread? I have as much right to want to discuss politics on here as you have to discuss things that interest you. Each man to his own.

JaneJudge Fri 09-Jul-21 11:16:11

Cant you just avoid the news and politics section Granartisan it' like asking people not to talk about cakes in the bakery smile

I'm not sure if you can hide certain sections

Dinahmo Fri 09-Jul-21 12:07:10

+Granartisan Sorry but that's the silliest thing I've read on here for a long time. Possibly the last time someone asked the same question.