Gransnet forums

News & politics

PMQT Today….

(61 Posts)
MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 13:05:10

Does anyone know the names of the two MP’s that Johnson accused of lying today? I know the first was Labour: not sure about the second. I’d like to contact them.

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:06:41

I might be able to rewind, male or female?

MaizieD Wed 07-Jul-21 13:12:51

If you have BBC IPlayer you could watch it again

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament

I'd try and find it for you but I can't bear having to watch or listen to Johnson. I just about manage watching PMQs when it's the LOTO...

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:13:11

Neale Hanvey MP, Alba Party, Kilkardy & Cowdenbeath
raising something about vaccines, 2 million LFT order per day in uK but propping up discredited Chinese imports 2 billion pounds?
PM said unfair characterisation 12.24

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:15:42

Tim Loughton MP
Conservative, East Worthing and Shoreham
Human rights in Tibet, diplomatic boycott of Beijing Olympics
PM says we have led the world in sanctions, instinctively again sporting boycotts

MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 13:20:42

MaizieD

I'd try and find it for you but I can't bear having to watch or listen to Johnson. I just about manage watching PMQs when it's the LOTO...

It’s painful isn’t it. He managed to slip in a couple of soundbites that he’d been thinking up all night. It’s worth rewatching anyway cause Keir was very good (imo). I’ll make myself a strong cup of coffee and rewatch it….

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:21:04

Bell Ribero Addy
Labour, Streatham
universal healthcare, threats the health service - sale of Streatham GP service to american private firm. End privatisation of NHS
PM said inversely related to reality, biggest investment to nhs for a generation, some more figure 12.31 in?

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:23:24

Matthew Pennycook
Labour, Greenwich and Woolwich 12.33
Leaseholders safety building regs, failure to commitment to leaseholds, no legislation, blameless victims
said inaccurate

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:26:57

it's the last 2

MaizieD Wed 07-Jul-21 13:29:51

MayBee70

MaizieD

It’s painful isn’t it. He managed to slip in a couple of soundbites that he’d been thinking up all night. It’s worth rewatching anyway cause Keir was very good (imo). I’ll make myself a strong cup of coffee and rewatch it….

I didn't notice any new soundbites, unless you mean the one about lawyers approaching things from all angles.

Really, you just need a recording of him there because he says the same thing every week "Waffle, waffle, vaccines", "Waffle, waffle Vaccines" etc. Time he got a new soundbite writer...

Speaker had to tell him twice that he was supposed to be taking questions, not Starmer.

Bless you, JaneJudge for sitting through it again grin

Dinahmo Wed 07-Jul-21 13:30:05

On GMB this morning there was an interview with a layer, Peter Stefanovic on the subject of Johnson's lies. There is a video on his twitter account which has had 25 million views. I haven't been able to find it (I don't have a twitter account) but his interview with GMB is on You tube.

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:41:35

It makes my blood pressure go through the roof grin

I hate he forget's they are talking about REAL people and REAL people's problems. Or maybe he just doesn't care.

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 13:44:22

is this it Dinahmo?

MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 14:33:16

JaneJudge

Bell Ribero Addy
Labour, Streatham
universal healthcare, threats the health service - sale of Streatham GP service to american private firm. End privatisation of NHS
PM said inversely related to reality, biggest investment to nhs for a generation, some more figure 12.31 in?

That’s the main one. Thanks. I’ll email her.

Grany Wed 07-Jul-21 14:40:42

JaneJudge

Matthew Pennycook
Labour, Greenwich and Woolwich 12.33
Leaseholders safety building regs, failure to commitment to leaseholds, no legislation, blameless victims
said inaccurate

Mathew is my MP I wrote to him about the unfairness that Prince Charles and Duchy doesn't abide by new leaseholder laws when other landlords do Mr Pennycook wrote me an excellent letter saying it's very unfair to the tennents on Duchy land and would write to the housing minister about this.

I have not see him on PMQs will have a look for him. Thank you.

MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 14:42:31

I’ve emailed Bell about the accusation and also thanked her for raising the issue. I’ll check out Mathews question. Thanks everyone.

Dinahmo Wed 07-Jul-21 15:08:56

JaneJudge

is this it Dinahmo?

Your link led me to the interview on GMB but I still have found Stevanovic's video. But thank you.

MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 17:26:29

I’ve just been watching Johnson in front of the select committee. Even his own MP’s are exasperated at his inability to answer questions.

NotSpaghetti Wed 07-Jul-21 20:44:39

I write to my MP and get blah blah blah back.
Glad you got a reply from Pennycook.

NotSpaghetti Wed 07-Jul-21 20:46:22

MayBee70

I’ve just been watching Johnson in front of the select committee. Even his own MP’s are exasperated at his inability to answer questions.

Are you a masochist? ?

You brave soul!

JaneJudge Wed 07-Jul-21 20:47:15

NotSpaghetti

I write to my MP and get blah blah blah back.
Glad you got a reply from Pennycook.

do we have the same MP grin

Welshwife Wed 07-Jul-21 21:00:41

twitter.com/peterstefanovi2/status/1410709231209271297?s=21
I think this is the film Peter Stefanovic made. Apologies if not!

Dinahmo Wed 07-Jul-21 23:03:43

Welshwife Thank you.

MaizieD Wed 07-Jul-21 23:28:18

I've just come across this clip of Chris Bryant asking a question at the liaison committee. On Bryant remarking that Johnson rarely 'corrects the record' (i.e. corrects his parliamentary lies) Johnson went off on a waffle about that notorious £350,000 lie on the side of the bus and was still lying about it! Pressed on 'Did he sack Hancock?' he prevaricated until timed out by the committee chair. Does he EVER tell the truth?

Here's the clip

twitter.com/politicshome/status/1412791695499055104

MayBee70 Wed 07-Jul-21 23:44:26

Something just occurred to me. If the leader of the opposition can’t say that Johnson is lying about something why was Johnson allowed to say that Bell’s question was a lie ( or whatever term he used to imply that what she’d said was untrue).