Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump's opinion on Olympic soccer team

(36 Posts)
Elleee Thu 05-Aug-21 19:05:15

Trump's behaviour and opinions seem to be more bizarre and outrageous. What do you make of his statement that the women's soccer team would have won gold on the Olympic Games, instead of bronze, if they hadn't been woke?

GillT57 Fri 06-Aug-21 12:57:38

I have always maintained that it wasn't Trump the scared me, it was the millions who voted for him. One less dangerous lunatic on the world stage, but still a fair few there, sadly.

Ailidh Fri 06-Aug-21 13:14:55

I read it and found it frightening in its non sequitur-ness.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 06-Aug-21 13:21:07

Ailidh

I read it and found it frightening in its non sequitur-ness.

Blimey the last anyone can expect from Trump is logic

HannahLoisLuke Fri 06-Aug-21 13:32:09

Annaram1

At least old Trump gave us a good laugh, whereas sensible Biden is a tad boring.
By the way why does the press always refer to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, as Meghan Markel? And Prince William's wife as Kate Middleton? Its as if the women are not married.

They did the same with the Princess of Wales, always referring to her as Lady Di which made me cringe.

creativz Fri 06-Aug-21 13:45:41

Nothing Trump says is worthy of attention.

Sheilasue Fri 06-Aug-21 13:55:40

The mans got a lot of problems. Nasty and rude being two of them and a very serious mental health problem. Dangerous too.
Not being rude to anyone who has mental health issues as my gd suffers with them but he is definitely a dangerous man and rascist

Bridie22 Fri 06-Aug-21 14:32:24

Let's not give this misogynistic , awful man head space.

Anniel Fri 06-Aug-21 16:57:38

I never give Trump a thought snd inless you know better i cannot see the Republicans selecting him again if they want to win the next election. Not that i think Biden is doing a brilliant job. I understood that the vice President was going to the border states to sort out the number of Mexicans waiting for entry but so far she has not visited. While i understand the need to withdraw from Afghanistan it has not been well handled and if the USA and UK do not take in the numbers of locals who need to leave then the Taliban will kill them. Altogether the USA and UK may have been better never to have gone to war in the Middle and Far East. Trump has departed and who cares about him?

moorlikeit Fri 06-Aug-21 19:58:01

Annaram1
In answer to your post re the use of Markle and Middleton instead of their husbands' surnames: I am not certain why the press do that, but I salute it as there is no reason on earth why a woman should take her husband's name when she marries. I cannot for the life of me understand why women still do it as it denotes ownership and is a remnant of a patriarchal society.

Happygirl79 Sat 07-Aug-21 17:40:31

Trump knows he is irrelevant so he posts anything to get noticed. In his mind even bad publicity is better than being ignored. He is a loser!