Gransnet forums

News & politics

Charlotte Johnson Wahl dies

(38 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 14-Sep-21 08:21:15

Mother of our PM
I first heard of Charlotte when she was the subject of a Sky Arts program. Her art was is certainly very dark.
She suffered from very poor mental health and also had Parkinson’s.
A difficult and interesting life.
Rest in peace Charlotte flowers

merlotgran Tue 14-Sep-21 10:31:12

love0c

merlotgran What a very unfeeling post! Some people have suffered terribly at their parents hands and vice versa. Read some of the estrangements posts. You could cry for so many people!

I'm not the one writing an unfeeling post, love0c.

We're commenting on Charlotte Johnson Wahl's death. Posts on the Gransnet estrangement threads have no relevance.

FannyCornforth Tue 14-Sep-21 10:32:28

Here is Charlotte with her children

Sparklefizz Tue 14-Sep-21 10:35:48

Thanks for sharing that portrait, trisher. It's brilliant and has caught him exactly. Love it.

Callistemon Tue 14-Sep-21 10:36:04

merlotgran

love0c

totally agree with your first sentence rosie. However, if he has not spent much time with her I think he will suffer far more. The feelings of regret can be utterly heartbreaking. This is assuming he did actually like/love his mother. We have to remember not all parent/child relationships are always good.

Please put your wooden spoon away, love0c

Questioning Boris's relationship with his mother who has just died is distasteful.

RIP Charlotte.

I agree merlotgran

love0c I am not agreeing with your insinuations.

The whole family must be devastated; they are a close family with strong ties.

Zoejory Tue 14-Sep-21 10:40:22

love0c

totally agree with your first sentence rosie. However, if he has not spent much time with her I think he will suffer far more. The feelings of regret can be utterly heartbreaking. This is assuming he did actually like/love his mother. We have to remember not all parent/child relationships are always good.

Pointless nasty comments. You know nothing about this woman's relationship with any of her children.

love0c Tue 14-Sep-21 10:40:49

|How sad that some find that because I 'feel' for people who may have regret and then have to live with it, say these feelings are distasteful? I feel sad for you as well. I will not comment again smile

Chewbacca Tue 14-Sep-21 10:48:49

Perhaps as well....

Ilovecheese Tue 14-Sep-21 10:51:03

There seems to have been some misunderstandings regarding love0c's post.

eazybee Tue 14-Sep-21 11:14:54

I am sorry for Boris and for the rest of the family; he will have little time to grieve privately, which I now know is important, having had to return to work immediately after both my parents' deaths.

lemongrove Tue 14-Sep-21 14:14:14

love0c

|How sad that some find that because I 'feel' for people who may have regret and then have to live with it, say these feelings are distasteful? I feel sad for you as well. I will not comment again smile

You made the thread about your own personal feelings love0c

I didn’t know that she had been a talented artist.What a shame that she had Parkinsons from such a comparatively young age.
I expect that all her children will miss her presence in their lives.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Sep-21 14:18:51

No matter what anyone thinks about Boris himself, his politics, his decisions, he’s still lost his mum, and no doubt is having to just keep carrying on, and put his grief to one side.

Jaberwok Tue 14-Sep-21 16:36:33

By all reports Boris was extremely fond of his mother and she of him. I understand that he is more wary of Stanley, but who really knows. Losing parents is just horrible so I do feel very sorry for Boris and family at this sad and difficult time.