Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who is paying for it then?

(190 Posts)
Kali2 Mon 11-Oct-21 17:16:02

Boris Johnson’s spokesman repeatedly refused on Monday to confirm who has paid for Boris Johnson’s holiday to Marbella and won't say whether the Prime Minister has paid for his own holiday or who else has funded it.

Pushed on the question, Downing Street would only say that the prime minister would disclose any donations he has received, if required to do so, at a later date.

The caginess from Johnson’s spokesman follows reports that the prime minister is currently staying at a villa owned by the Conservative peer Zac Goldsmith.

Goldsmith, who is a close friend of both Johnson and his wife, was handed a peerage by Johnson, despite having been rejected by voters three times in just four years.''

Does anyone know- how many holidays has the PM had since he became PM!

GillT57 Wed 13-Oct-21 12:38:05

Callistemon

Dinahmo

Just had a peek at the website. The villa looks quite nice. No plastic outdoor chairs - always a good sign.

?
Rather classy then.

Perhaps we could book it for a Gransnet meetup.
Free of charge otherwise we'll give it bad reviews.

Oh what a great idea! We need the break, we have all worked soooooo hard, haven't we! Maybe I could offer to put a word in for Zac at my bowls club, get him membership, do you think that would be sufficient corruption recompense?

Callistemon Wed 13-Oct-21 12:40:11

DH could recommend him to Probus ?
I can't, in all honesty, recommend him to the WI!

GillT57 Wed 13-Oct-21 12:40:14

Yes, I think she was hoping he'd take after her and be an artist. I too wish he had taken after her and been an artist and kept out of politics

Kali2 Wed 13-Oct-21 12:46:43

Oh indeed, I wish!

As for the house, as it sleeps 11, if we go out of season at £15000, and travel on EasyJet with little luggage and hire cheap cars- we could just about do it, no?

Callistemon Wed 13-Oct-21 12:49:31

Am I allowed to paint? ?

??

GillT57 Wed 13-Oct-21 13:09:39

Kali2

Oh indeed, I wish!

As for the house, as it sleeps 11, if we go out of season at £15000, and travel on EasyJet with little luggage and hire cheap cars- we could just about do it, no?

I don't mind sharing a room, so perhaps we could manage 22 of us? I have to warn you though that it is alleged that I snore, a bit......I do however, make a very good G&T so maybe that will balance things out?

Josianne Wed 13-Oct-21 13:25:55

Where do you get that the house only sleeps 11?

growstuff Wed 13-Oct-21 13:31:47

Callistemon

Am I allowed to paint? ?

??

No. If you mean redecorating ... only expensive and tacky wallpaper is allowed.

Josianne Wed 13-Oct-21 13:44:51

One or two of the rooms look a bit John Lewis to me. Have to keep the door shut on those.

trisher Wed 13-Oct-21 14:17:12

It sleeps 19. in only 10 rooms though so some will have to share!

Kali2 Wed 13-Oct-21 14:27:20

Happy to share 2 singles, but not a double- even if KS smile

Now THE question is- can we mix Brexiters and Remainers? Or shall we have 1 week each, in turn!

Kali2 Wed 13-Oct-21 14:35:38

I mean room with 2 singles!

Josianne Wed 13-Oct-21 14:40:43

Are dogs allowed? Mine would be happy to sleep on the sofa.

MayBee70 Wed 13-Oct-21 14:58:21

Josianne

Are dogs allowed? Mine would be happy to sleep on the sofa.

Too difficult/expensive to take dogs abroad since brexit….