Gransnet forums

News & politics

Does Boris Johnson ever tell the truth?

(69 Posts)
varian Mon 06-Dec-21 14:15:56

Why is he allowed to get away with so many lies?

twitter.com/i/status/1459541907772780546

Grannynannywanny Tue 07-Dec-21 19:38:41

youtu.be/4Ofkm48nv_k

MissAdventure Tue 07-Dec-21 19:55:54

I do believe he went to peppa pig world.

JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 20:01:15

MissAdventure

I believe they may been ancestors who he'd found on ancestry.com

JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 20:01:43

or at least distant cousins and relatives. Especially boaty fucker Grandad

Kali2 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:39:28

MissAdventure

Actually I am not sure at all about it.

theworriedwell Tue 07-Dec-21 21:07:14

Alegrias1

Now I know its not nice to make fun of people because of how they look, but sometimes its worth making an exception.

Here's Johnson lying about being a policeman and about his ability to get himself dressed in the morning.

Most people tend to look better in uniform, well my experience, but he really does disprove the rule.

JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 21:11:54

I can't believe he told us all we had to lose weight! I have been wondering who he reminds me of and it's Marjorie Dawes

twiglet77 Tue 07-Dec-21 21:19:14

I really detest the ever-present smirk when Boris Johnson is talking on camera. When he is barely suppressing a giggle he looks quite incapable of taking anything seriously, so how can he expect the electorate to do so?

His lies are innumerable, he won't change - but what's the alternative? They're all rotten.

growstuff Tue 07-Dec-21 21:25:41

twiglet77

I really detest the ever-present smirk when Boris Johnson is talking on camera. When he is barely suppressing a giggle he looks quite incapable of taking anything seriously, so how can he expect the electorate to do so?

His lies are innumerable, he won't change - but what's the alternative? They're all rotten.

There are a number of alternatives.

paddyann54 Tue 07-Dec-21 23:43:21

Like most of my country my motto is never trust a Tory ,thats why they haven't returned a majority here since the mid 1950's .After saying that the present batch seem even worse than all the previous ones with Bojo and his circus taking the prize for liars ,cheats and crooks .The "government" who takes £20 off the poorest and hands billions to their dodgy mates .Not for me ,I am surprised they get any votes though my husbands cousin in the North of England is convinced he's doing a GREAT JOB !! Maybe she needs help.

gangy5 Wed 08-Dec-21 07:30:59

After yesterdays revelations re the No 10 party and the Afghanistan withdrawal, I now, regrettably have to admit that Boris was a bad choice for PM. Naively I thought that he would be a breath of fresh air and would introduce some radical and effective ideas. Operations behind the door of no. 10 have seemingly gone to pot and appear to be totally disorganised. The appointment of dud heads of department haven't helped - Gavin Williamson, Dominic Raab and Matt Hancock. The one good thing that might have happened if Dominic Cummings had remained would have been a timely shake up of the Civil Service.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 08-Dec-21 07:36:49

I am beginning to wonder about what we don’t know.

vegansrock Wed 08-Dec-21 07:38:34

Sickening thing is, we are paying this bunch of tossers.

Juliet27 Wed 08-Dec-21 07:45:09

JaneJudge

I can't believe he told us all we had to lose weight! I have been wondering who he reminds me of and it's Marjorie Dawes

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
You also reminded me of the nursery rhyme ‘Seesaw Marjorie Daw, Johnny shall have a new master’
We certainly need one!!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 08-Dec-21 07:48:52

What I don’t understand is, when did it become OK to lie?

Lie to parliament.

Lie to the Nation.

Lie on the radio and television.

It is like an unstoppable flood.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 08-Dec-21 07:57:03

Does anyone remember Johnson on HIGNFY years ago? A complete and utter twit who may or may not have been pretending to host a games show badly. I doubt if the videos are freely available to the public anymore. It will be interesting to see him fluster and bluster through today’s PMQs!

Oldnproud Wed 08-Dec-21 08:15:07

Juliet27

JaneJudge

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
You also reminded me of the nursery rhyme ‘Seesaw Marjorie Daw, Johnny shall have a new master’
We certainly need one!!

That's an insult to Marjory Dawes - at least 'she' always looked neat and tidy, if I remember rightly. grin

Style-wise, I think Boris is looking more and more like like Compo!

GillT57 Wed 08-Dec-21 10:46:35

Ian Hislop has briefly talked about the time Johnson was on HIGNFY. He said that Johnson was late, wouldn't follow the format, and was a complete liability and disaster. What a surprise. Not.