Gransnet forums

News & politics

Cummings statement in the Rose Garden…

(175 Posts)
Esspee Tue 18-Jan-22 14:21:31

…was totally unbelievable. Why then do I believe every word of his blog regarding all the no.10 parties and non parties?

Anybody else convinced of the veracity of his most recent public utterance?

I don’t know how to do links but I’m sure someone will be along in a moment to assist. TIA

Riverwalk Tue 18-Jan-22 14:32:31

It's believable because Cummings was very close to Johnson and obviously knows what went on and has bided his time to drip feed nuggets of information - no surprise there. Also he seems very confident that others will also come forward.

And most importantly we all know Johnson to be an habitual liar and has been exposed so many times over the years so it can be assumed that he's not telling the truth this time, don't think it needs Cummings to confirm this.

MaizieD Tue 18-Jan-22 14:39:46

Cummings was not sacked because he had the complete backing of the scumbag PM.

He also had the support of quite number of GNetters!

I said at the time (and I'm sure that others did) that he knew where the bodies were buried.

Why he's choosing now to dig them up I have no idea, but it's really time that Johnson went...

Zoejory Tue 18-Jan-22 14:44:08

You didn't want to believe him last year

But now he's speaking out against the government you believe him

It's natural to believe stories that suit your agenda

Lincslass Tue 18-Jan-22 14:44:22

MaizieD

Cummings was not sacked because he had the complete backing of the scumbag PM.

He also had the support of quite number of GNetters!

I said at the time (and I'm sure that others did) that he knew where the bodies were buried.

Why he's choosing now to dig them up I have no idea, but it's really time that Johnson went...

He’s chief grave digger personified. Biding his time like the obnoxious coward he is. If he had this dirt why didn’t he use it straight away, he was also proven to be a liar. Talk about pot, kettle black.

Lucca Tue 18-Jan-22 14:47:45

Agreed he gives the impression of being an obnoxious weasel but I reckon he knows what he’s talking about !

Pammie1 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:53:46

I think he’s a weasel too, but I also think he knows where the bodies are buried. He’s been biding his time for the right opportunity to present itself, and lo and behold, here it is. Let the dirt dishing commence !!

HolySox Tue 18-Jan-22 14:53:58

Dominic Cummings is painting himself as a figure of integrity claiming he knew about and advised the PM not to attend the May 20 garden meeting. What a load of codswallop. This is the guy who drove the length of the country spreading COVID then argued very publically he acted within guidelines. But the Boris smear campaign will print anything regardless of reliability.

Pammie1 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:55:26

Also, now that he’s come forward, maybe it will give others the confidence to do the same - depends on how badly they want rid of Boris.

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 14:57:25

One liar calling another liar out doesn't mean that the first liar isn't telling the truth for once. I expect even Johnson occasionally tells the truth.

In any case, Johnson has admitted he attended the gathering. As he was ultimately responsible for making the rules, he should have known what they were.

Lucca Tue 18-Jan-22 14:58:36

HolySox

Dominic Cummings is painting himself as a figure of integrity claiming he knew about and advised the PM not to attend the May 20 garden meeting. What a load of codswallop. This is the guy who drove the length of the country spreading COVID then argued very publically he acted within guidelines. But the Boris smear campaign will print anything regardless of reliability.

And it’s the guy that Boris backed and defended…

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:02:39

One liar calling another liar out doesn't mean that the first liar isn't telling the truth for once. I expect even Johnson occasionally tells the truth.

True, but how to tell when an habitual liar is telling the truth?

I'm sure there are others who can verify these stories who have far more credibility than Cummings.
I believe they are true but when Cummings blows his whistle it could make some people doubtful.

It would be better if he just kept his mouth shut.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:04:29

Mr.Cummings is doing this for himself and only himself.

I think his plan is to oust Mr.Johnson and get his long term friend Mr,Gove in as PM

If this happens the U.K. is well and truly doomed…

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 15:05:18

Better for whom? Cummings is a narcissist and control freak. I expect he's in his element.

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 15:06:23

GrannyGravy13

Mr.Cummings is doing this for himself and only himself.

I think his plan is to oust Mr.Johnson and get his long term friend Mr,Gove in as PM

If this happens the U.K. is well and truly doomed…

I suspect Cummings is doing it because he can and is enjoying his revenge.

Riverwalk Tue 18-Jan-22 15:07:06

I've just watched this clip on Sky News - goodness Beth Rigby made Johnson squirm with her very direct questioning and comments.

She really does nail him.

Sky News

JaneJudge Tue 18-Jan-22 15:07:46

Personally, I think he is angry at being made a scapegoat earlier on in the pandemic and wants to set the record straight. Weasel or no weasel

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:08:38

growstuff

Better for whom? Cummings is a narcissist and control freak. I expect he's in his element.

Cummings is an outright liar calling out someone who is hiding the truth, prevaricating, shifty.

Better to report quietly to the investigators everything he knows rather than give people the chance to think his utterances are more lies.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:09:26

Cummings is a sociopath and was a lying scumbag in the rose garden.

But to do what he is doing to Johnson, he has to be pretty sure of his facts. To swear in court over what Johnson did over the parties etc would be a serious breach leading to potential imprisonment. He maintains he has other witnesses.

I do not believe that he is prepared to perjure himself as he has ambitions beyond Johnson and has Sunak as Prime minister in his sight. He is already advising him.

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:10:21

I do not believe that he is prepared to perjure himself as he has ambitions beyond Johnson and has Sunak as Prime minister in his sight. He is already advising him

Oh, good grief.
Not more Cummings.

Lincslass Tue 18-Jan-22 15:11:20

Whatever he’s up to , he is really dragging this country down even more than it is. Johnson should resign, he’s clinging on to a ever sinking ship. Dragging Parliament with him. Cannot understand why his MPs are still supporting him, as for Gove, ?.

Kali2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:12:24

Could all this have been a trap to get rid of Johnson when they wanted to?

(If I mention the ERG, I will of course be called a conspiracy theorist- but ...)

Jaberwok Tue 18-Jan-22 15:14:36

Boris actually didn't break lockdown on May 20th as he and Carrie were in fact in their residential garden which was allowed. Where he's fallen down is allowing others into that garden! He should have sent them back into the house immediately. Having said that,they should never have congregated there in the first place knowing full well they shouldn't . More disgracefully the party folk had a repeat performance the night before Prince Phillips funeral when Boris was at Chequers. Disrespectful doesn't even begin to describe it.

25Avalon Tue 18-Jan-22 15:15:32

They are both consummate liars so who knows who to believe? Tbh I ‘m not sure I really care as I can’t see Johnson leading the Conservatives in the next election. As for Beth Rigby wasn’t she suspended for breaking lock down rules? Starmer isn’t snowy white either. Have we no honest politicians?

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 15:15:45

Callistemon21

growstuff

Cummings is an outright liar calling out someone who is hiding the truth, prevaricating, shifty.

Better to report quietly to the investigators everything he knows rather than give people the chance to think his utterances are more lies.

Johnson is a habitual liar.

I don't suppose Cummings cares less what people think about him. And if it's proven that he's telling the truth, his victory will be sweet (to him).