Gransnet forums

News & politics

Cummings statement in the Rose Garden…

(176 Posts)
Esspee Tue 18-Jan-22 14:21:31

…was totally unbelievable. Why then do I believe every word of his blog regarding all the no.10 parties and non parties?

Anybody else convinced of the veracity of his most recent public utterance?

I don’t know how to do links but I’m sure someone will be along in a moment to assist. TIA

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 15:17:05

25Avalon

They are both consummate liars so who knows who to believe? Tbh I ‘m not sure I really care as I can’t see Johnson leading the Conservatives in the next election. As for Beth Rigby wasn’t she suspended for breaking lock down rules? Starmer isn’t snowy white either. Have we no honest politicians?

In what way isn't Starmer snowy white?

25Avalon Tue 18-Jan-22 15:18:10

Beer party?

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:20:27

I don't suppose Cummings cares less what people think about him. And if it's proven that he's telling the truth, his victory will be sweet (to him).
That is what is so frightening if he returns to be the power behind another PM, or, in other words, in charge of the country.

We need a PM who is removed from all of them, will get rid of all those who partied too as well as the MPs who surround Johnson.

Casdon Tue 18-Jan-22 15:20:34

It does amaze me that people think this leaking is all down to Cummings. What you think of him doesn’t matter at all if what he is saying is verified. He is being fed, from within the Tory party leadership and from the senior echelons of the Civil Service. There is certain to be more information coming from where this came from.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:21:55

Callistemon21

^I do not believe that he is prepared to perjure himself as he has ambitions beyond Johnson and has Sunak as Prime minister in his sight. He is already advising him^

Oh, good grief.
Not more Cummings.

Cummings does not consider that he has finished his job yet.

He still has “the system” to sort out as well as ensure Britain's economic system is as close to the type of system you see in Singapore.

Sunak is also a keen free marketer and small state exponent. Cummings has been working with Sunak for a while.

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:22:20

I remember someone at work telling me that we had had a colleague who scribbled down everything, kept a log of everything that colleagues said to her in case she could use it against them at any future date.

JaneJudge Tue 18-Jan-22 15:23:03

talking of beer parties didn't matt handcock give his pub landlord a ppi contract

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:24:19

On that depressing note, Whitewave I'm going to make some tea and dunk some biscuits, I feel so miserable.
Diet? What diet, I need comfort food.

JaneJudge Tue 18-Jan-22 15:26:46

have a banana instead

JaneJudge Tue 18-Jan-22 15:27:43

please don't eat because of two useless lying men

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:29:40

I have posted this before (I think) one of ITV’s male political editors husband is a senior civil servant in No.10…

Kali2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:31:05

growstuff

25Avalon

They are both consummate liars so who knows who to believe? Tbh I ‘m not sure I really care as I can’t see Johnson leading the Conservatives in the next election. As for Beth Rigby wasn’t she suspended for breaking lock down rules? Starmer isn’t snowy white either. Have we no honest politicians?

In what way isn't Starmer snowy white?

It is just ridiculous, isn't it.

I know Brexiters hate him, but again, he is spot on.

fb.watch/aCBrWZ01kM/

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:31:57

Someone sent me this yesterday, it has no mention of Dominic Cummings but there is a link to all this with Biris 'fibbing'.

I thought it funny.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:32:33

Callistemon21

On that depressing note, Whitewave I'm going to make some tea and dunk some biscuits, I feel so miserable.
Diet? What diet, I need comfort food.

There was a long article with all this in the Observer magazine written by a Cambridge professor, who has been following Cummings for ages.

All that was gleaned from the article.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:33:41

Serendipity22

Someone sent me this yesterday, it has no mention of Dominic Cummings but there is a link to all this with Biris 'fibbing'.

I thought it funny.

??

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:33:53

Oooops BORIS

westendgirl Tue 18-Jan-22 15:47:33

But Johnson is not renowned for being truthful. ~in fact he is an ace stretcher of the truth,so of course everything he says is regarded with suspicion . It doesn't matter therefore who comes out and spills the beans , if Johnson is found to have lied he has gone against the code of behaviour for M.Ps and this is a resigning matter.
Do you really want a person with no integrity leading this country, ?

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 15:53:14

25Avalon

Beer party?

You mean the fuzzy picture taken through a window? So you know it was beer and it was a party, do you?

Kali2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:53:39

Yvetter Cooper at her best, facing Priti Patel

fb.watch/aCCW-eg-gN/

Spot on, Ms Patel can't have it both ways.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:57:50

growstuff

25Avalon

Beer party?

You mean the fuzzy picture taken through a window? So you know it was beer and it was a party, do you?

Mr.Starmer said it was a beer along with a takeaway on the BBC Sunday Morning news programme two days ago.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:58:54

Not a party though. You forgot to mention that.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 18-Jan-22 16:01:10

Whitewavemark2

Not a party though. You forgot to mention that.

He said it was an after work gathering in a constituency office as they had been working hard, sound familiar?

growstuff Tue 18-Jan-22 16:02:45

Did he issue invites to 100 others?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 18-Jan-22 16:06:00

Not a party though.

MayBee70 Tue 18-Jan-22 16:09:34

Kali2

Yvetter Cooper at her best, facing Priti Patel

fb.watch/aCCW-eg-gN/

Spot on, Ms Patel can't have it both ways.

She runs rings round Patel. In fact, she runs rings round most people. And yet people say we don’t have a credible opposition!