Gransnet forums

News & politics

WW3 - Joe Biden's words on Sky News

(32 Posts)
Ilovedragonflies Fri 11-Feb-22 09:51:01

He's told Americans to leave Ukraine and added that if Russia attempts to move in, it will receive a response. He used the words, 'the start of world war three'.
Anyone else worried that Boris will jump us in simply to take the heat off the partygate issues? My blood is currently running extremely cold.

Sarnia Fri 11-Feb-22 12:01:41

grumppa

"How could a country like the USA only have had a choice between him and Trump at the last election?"

A good point Sarnia. Now substitute UK, Corbyn and Johnson for USA, him and Trump.

Scary and concerning, isn't it?

JenniferEccles Fri 11-Feb-22 12:07:34

Long before the last US election there were rumours about Biden’s mental state and since he was elected President these stories if anything, seem to have intensified.
Very worrying.

love0c Fri 11-Feb-22 15:47:42

It is Biden that is the worry!

Aspen Fri 11-Feb-22 17:43:09

The US has "upwards of 750 bases" in 80 different countries throughout the world. I am sure they would love a couple more in Ukraine within close firing distance of Moscow. They wouldn't like a similar situation developing on their border, they are safely tucked away on the other side on the world.

How many people in UK even knew where UK was a few months ago, now we are talking about a possible WW3. My first thought went to my 5 grandchildren who would possibly be called up.

Pepper59 Fri 11-Feb-22 18:13:53

If this doesn't worry people, nothing will. www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/02/11/ukraine-crisis-american-b-52-stratofortress-bomber-planes-land/

Yammy Fri 11-Feb-22 18:27:50

Biden has told all Americans to get out of Ukraine as there will be no airlift. He also said there would be no American troops in Ukraine that's not to say he will not put them in Poland or other countries such as Latvia and Lithuania.
He seems to want to make a stand as a tough leader. Let's just hope he is not another George Bush and make a move on unfounded evidence to get his moment of glory.
Nato needs to stand united against Putin who is a bully of the first order, he feels threatened and bullies lash out when they are cornered.