Gransnet forums

News & politics

Violence at Stop violence against women march

(239 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

tickingbird Thu 17-Mar-22 12:51:56

I have just watched a woman being interviewed and she became quite upset as she attended a stop violence against women demo in Manchester and they were attacked by trans activists.

She explained that this was organised to follow International Woman’s Day and was about stopping violence against all women and girls. They had paint thrown on them and various other attacks. This poor lady was bewildered and upset, understandably, that trans activists could behave this way. I don’t understand it either and it does seem to me that some of these militant trans activists aren’t trans at all; they just hate women. It’s about time we all said enough!

Mollygo Thu 24-Mar-22 17:32:06

MerylStreep. Thanks for the link. That’s appalling.

Doodledog Thu 24-Mar-22 17:36:40

That is terrifying.

How can anyone justify such fascist behaviour? How? When did the UK become a place where free speech can be swept aside and people are too scared to speak out? Why is nobody in power putting a stop to it?

What does the song say? 'If you tolerate this, your children will be next'.

Chewbacca Thu 24-Mar-22 18:09:59

Read and weep indeed MerylStreep; I've just been reading Graham's SubStack article on the Denton Playbook; he's a brave, outspoken, insightful man who clearly respects and honours women greatly. He's uncovered, and reported, on some shocking examples of misogyny and I'm sorry he's personally lost so much for speaking up for us.

grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/the-dentons-document?s=r

Galaxy Thu 24-Mar-22 18:13:01

I am afraid as much as I loved Father Ted I dont think GL s invovement has been particularly helpful both to himself and to womens rights.

Doodledog Thu 24-Mar-22 18:15:15

Why not, Galaxy? The article in the link is all I know about it - I hadn't heard this story until now.

Galaxy Thu 24-Mar-22 18:22:24

Oh I dont really want to get into criticising him but I think the likes of Kathleen stock etc have been more helpful, I dont like to criticise people who have been braver than I. I feel it has become all consuming for him.

grannydarkhair Thu 24-Mar-22 21:39:27

I haven’t been able to read the DM article yet (site keeps crashing for me) but I agree with Galaxy about GL. He’s putting himself into an early grave imo. He’s, and I can totally understand why, obsessed with these issues. It’s basically his entire life nowadays. I can’t begin to even imagine just what his life has been like in recent years.
If he’s not attending, protests, marches, conferences, etc. then he’s writing about trans issues. As has been said, he’s uncovered stories about some really disturbing people. And been hounded by others, equally disturbing.

Chewbacca Thu 24-Mar-22 21:43:51

Maybe something happened to him personally to trigger his "obsession with it. But either way; he has, as you say grannydarkhair uncovered some startling revelations. I particularly remember the article that he published about Mridhul Wadwha and partner. That was an eye opener.

grannydarkhair Thu 24-Mar-22 22:19:00

Chewbacca If you’re referring to the one that finished with “chase the money”, it was indeed an eye opener. His writings about Aimee Challenor and Adrian Harrop stick in my mind.
And when I said he’d been hounded by others, I particularly meant a Scottish actor. I don’t want to say his name on here, because I can honestly imagine him trawling through G’net and M’net looking for comments that he can object to/report to the police as a hate crime. He was the one who reported Ceri Black, Marion Millar and goodness knows how many more. But he’s never been charged with wasting police time which imo is a travesty. He was off Twitter for a while (I think he was banned), but he’s back, trying to make people’s lives miserable again.

Rosie51 Thu 24-Mar-22 22:34:13

Yes grannydarkhair that big strong actor who was terrified of a ribbon in suffragette colours. Constantly reporting people for hate crimes and nobody has ever been convicted. He must be single-handedly responsible for hundreds of hours of wasted police time. That he hasn't been prosecuted is disgusting, although I think PSNI no longer give him as much credence as they did. He used them to make Ceri Black's life an absolute misery. Thankfully she stood up to it and wouldn't back down.

grannydarkhair Thu 24-Mar-22 23:13:42

Rosie51 There’s a 15 minute interview of Graham L. on Nolan Live (Steven Nolan who did the wonderful in-depth report on Sonewall and it’s malign influence) on YouTube.

tickingbird Fri 25-Mar-22 07:01:44

Yes Graham Linehan the writer of Father Ted and the IT Crowd. A highly talented man, indeed a comedy genius reduced to tears because he has the audacity to question these trans activists. Why do we allow this to happen? They are vicious, hate driven thugs as far as I’m concerned and it’s about time they were cancelled and ignored.

Rosie51 Fri 25-Mar-22 23:46:06

These trans activists have power and influence beyond their wildest dreams. They are power hungry bullies who revel in their ability to kneel on the necks of others.