Gransnet forums

News & politics

Violence at Stop violence against women march

(239 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

tickingbird Thu 17-Mar-22 12:51:56

I have just watched a woman being interviewed and she became quite upset as she attended a stop violence against women demo in Manchester and they were attacked by trans activists.

She explained that this was organised to follow International Woman’s Day and was about stopping violence against all women and girls. They had paint thrown on them and various other attacks. This poor lady was bewildered and upset, understandably, that trans activists could behave this way. I don’t understand it either and it does seem to me that some of these militant trans activists aren’t trans at all; they just hate women. It’s about time we all said enough!

AGAA4 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:10:00

It's hard to take that a march against violence to women is interrupted by violent men . They are not helping the cause of trans women who want to live peacefully in the gender they feel comfortable in.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:14:56

Totally agree AGAA4

Callistemon21 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:26:15

Message deleted by Gransnet. Quotes deleted post

Rosie51 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:28:59

Some transwomen think they should be front and centre stage of the sex class they want to join, and get very angry when that hasn't happened. Some men just hate women and see being allies to transwomen as a convenient peg on which to hang their colours. They get to be abusive to women while claiming to be supporting a 'vulnerable group' I'd suggest this transwoman and friends meet those criteria. Isn't it strange that Ive never heard of violence from transmen and their allies?

grannydarkhair Thu 17-Mar-22 15:30:56

AGAA4 one such transwoman is Debbie Hayton, about whom you can read a fair bit on-line. She is a campaigner for trans rights but is strongly against gender self identification and also supports laws which define single sex spaces being based on sex not identity.

Rosie51 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:35:02

Exactly grannydarkhair and being a science teacher Debbie says it like it is, transwomen are male. There was a post from her recently saying she is male her wife is female. She does come in for some nasty name calling from some TRAs.

grannydarkhair Thu 17-Mar-22 15:42:49

Rosie51 Yes, I follow her on Twitter, and I’ve seen a lot of vile comments made when she posts. And I’m happy to use “her” to describe her, even though I’ve read articles where she still describes herself as a man.

AGAA4 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:52:39

grannydarkhair

AGAA4 one such transwoman is Debbie Hayton, about whom you can read a fair bit on-line. She is a campaigner for trans rights but is strongly against gender self identification and also supports laws which define single sex spaces being based on sex not identity.

Thank you. This is good to know. I hope there are more like Debbie but the TRAs are so aggressive and in this case with the march, violent that many transwomen will keep a low profile. Debbie is very brave.

MerylStreep Thu 17-Mar-22 15:52:50

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Kalu Thu 17-Mar-22 15:54:07

Thanks for posting the report Chewbacca

I am sick to the back teeth that women’s rights are being swept under the carpet. I have no grudge against a man who wants to be a woman but railing against natal women will never further their cause. A bunch of male thugs attacking women and children? Their true colours were shown reverting to male violence?

Callistemon21 Thu 17-Mar-22 15:57:16

Their true colours were shown reverting to male violence ?Yes, it was true irony, wasn't it Kalu

A protest by women against violence by men against women and girls then along come male thugs claiming to be transgender who start attacking women.

Chewbacca Thu 17-Mar-22 16:02:36

Message deleted by Gransnet. Refers to deleted post

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Mar-22 16:04:28

Galaxy Thu 17-Mar-22 16:07:27

I am always a bit reluctant to post about gender critical transwomen, as they can get some terrible abuse, but I follow fionne orlander on twitter and they are brilliant.

Galaxy Thu 17-Mar-22 16:13:21

Oh and a number of transmen are gender critical and are very supportive particularly in relation to looking at what is happening with children.

Mollygo Thu 17-Mar-22 16:14:47

Rosie51

Some transwomen think they should be front and centre stage of the sex class they want to join, and get very angry when that hasn't happened. Some men just hate women and see being allies to transwomen as a convenient peg on which to hang their colours. They get to be abusive to women while claiming to be supporting a 'vulnerable group' I'd suggest this transwoman and friends meet those criteria. Isn't it strange that Ive never heard of violence from transmen and their allies?

That puts the point very clearly. Thank you.

Doodledog Thu 17-Mar-22 16:16:35

Iam64 Thu 17-Mar-22 16:19:54

Mollygo Thu 17-Mar-22 16:31:04

Rosie51 Thu 17-Mar-22 16:36:46

Doodledog Thu 17-Mar-22 16:42:19

grannydarkhair Thu 17-Mar-22 16:47:00

Galaxy DH positively wants people to hear her point of view, so as to counter the effect of the TWAW sector. FO is a new name to me, I’ll certainly have a look at her on Twitter. And I agree with AGAA4 that DH and others like her are brave.

MichaelGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 17-Mar-22 16:47:01

Hi all, we've removed a number of guideline breaking posts from this thread - we don't allow personal attacks. If you have any concerns about a post or poster then please report rather than starting a spat on a thread.

Iam64 Thu 17-Mar-22 16:49:55

The number of deletions here seems excessive and aimed at shutting down debate.

Lathyrus Thu 17-Mar-22 16:52:37