Gransnet forums

News & politics

Chris Pincher has had whip removed

(62 Posts)
Esspee Fri 01-Jul-22 17:47:55

Thought for a moment that meant he had been in to S&M too but it simply means he has been ejected from the Conservative Party for the time being.
Now, with Boris’s blow job in the office with a woman with no security clearance to be there who he was actively trying to get into a highly paid job…..(taking a breath here)…. can we hope he will be kicked out too?

NotSpaghetti Fri 01-Jul-22 18:18:48

Fat chance Esspee!

NotSpaghetti Fri 01-Jul-22 18:21:25

BTW, I think he actually resigned the whip.
No chance of BJ resigning.

Esspee Fri 01-Jul-22 18:31:05

Apparently Boris and the Chief Whip made the decision to suspend Pincher according to the Telegraph.
The idea of Boris judging others and deciding that they should be suspended is laughable in the extreme.

Iam64 Fri 01-Jul-22 20:59:44

Johnson resisted pressure to suspend Pincher. Evidently, Johnson believed Pincher no longer having the deputy whip post was sufficient. He changed his mind after pressure from his own MPs, especially two senior women

Dinahmo Sat 02-Jul-22 19:02:09

A link to Marina Hyde in the Guardian on the subject. Her usual amusing self.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/01/boris-johnson-chris-pincher-westminster-scandals

NotSpaghetti Sat 02-Jul-22 20:31:34

Peter Brookes in The Times today.

RichmondPark Sat 02-Jul-22 21:06:36

The figures in Marina Hyde's column are astonishing. 5 Tory sex scandals in the last 3 months and "56 current MPs facing allegations of sexual misconduct. Assuming the vast majority of those will be men, that’s about one in eight male MPs."

Isn't that appalling.

Dinahmo Sat 02-Jul-22 21:08:01

I wonder how that compares with other work places. Worse probably.

DaisyAnne Sat 02-Jul-22 22:22:31

How can Johnson sack him? The man has been a whip; he will have been party to knowledge that others don't possess and he is a journalist.

Mind you, if Johnson does do the right thing, I imagine the article that follows from Pincher (how unfortunate is that) should make very interesting reading.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 02-Jul-22 22:32:13

Sounds painful.

MissAdventure Sat 02-Jul-22 22:34:10

Chris Arse Pincher. grin
I enjoyed the Guardian column.

grannydarkhair Sun 03-Jul-22 01:26:07

“shiteater-in-chief” is a brilliant description. Good column.

vegansrock Sun 03-Jul-22 07:33:24

Why isn’t he resigning as an MP? Can it be because the Tories are scared of another by election? If I was one of his constituents I’d definitely be calling for his resignation.

Casdon Sun 03-Jul-22 07:47:54

It’s getting more and more unforgivable. It says in some papers today that he also made advances to three MPs. One of the MPs apparently contacted Downing Street in February with details of what he said had happened to him and voiced his concerns that Mr Pincher might be made a party whip, in charge of the discipline and welfare of other MPs - and yet still he got the job. He has to resign - surely?

nanna8 Sun 03-Jul-22 08:20:51

I don’t know who the man is but I would have to say his name seems very apt.

Iam64 Sun 03-Jul-22 08:28:36

It’s yet another problem in the Conservative party that could have been prevented if the Prime Minister had a moral compass. He appointed this man against advice and in the clear knowledge he was a problem drinker with a history of making inappropriate, unwanted sexual advances. The groping seems often to have involved younger men, he was in a position of power over.

lemsip Sun 03-Jul-22 13:26:41

yes when the man at the top is a person of low morals anything goes for the others.....It really is a disgrace that he is still PM

varian Sun 03-Jul-22 17:54:38

Apparently, well before he was appointed, Johnson quipped "Pincher by name and pincher by nature"

Iam64 Sun 03-Jul-22 18:39:33

Yes that’s all over radio tv and newspapers varian and is no surprise sadly. I’ve heard several allegations that Johnson was warned against this appointment but that Pinchers loyalty led Johnson to disregard advice men with a reasonable understanding of what constitutes a drink problem, serial allegations of groping men who didn’t want the advances etc, would have taken. Well, most PMs wouldn’t/shouldn’t have needed such advice, they’d have relied on their own jydgement

Riverwalk Sun 03-Jul-22 18:40:09

Yet another 'investigation' under way, so of course they can hide behind the need for this to be fair - in other words kick the can down the road for a while and avoid questions.

Just how many investigations are in train - I've lost count!

Iam64 Sun 03-Jul-22 18:47:43

I think that’s the cunning plan riverwalk. Flood us with shocking behaviour, incompetence and no morality or ethics from Mr J and his MPs, then we loose count, get exhausted, begin to believe their line ‘nothing to see here, move in, get cross about Angela Raynor and just move on.

Dinahmo Sun 03-Jul-22 19:51:21

It's possible that Pincher knows where all the bodies, especially Johnson's, are buried.

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 20:10:57

I see that Cummings is lurking around like a bad smell, again.
Horrible little man.

growstuff Sun 03-Jul-22 20:19:43

Who has the rights for the film? This is going to be a blockbuster! hmm