Gransnet forums

News & politics

Next Tory leader

(235 Posts)
varian Tue 05-Jul-22 20:56:24

The Tory party needs a leader who demonstartes the prevailing standards of moral probity or intelligence

How about Chris Pincher or David Warburton if moral probity is key or Nadine Dorries or Jacon Rees Mogg to demonstrate the typical level of intelligence?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 09-Jul-22 16:00:48

I wonder if this is true?

Petronella Wyatt
@PetronellaWyatt
A source at Number 10 tells me that Boris Johnson intends to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday, in order to run for the Tory leadership.

varian Sat 09-Jul-22 17:04:45

The ultra right wing Kemi Badenoch wants to be our next PM.

www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62103360

MawtheMerrier Sat 09-Jul-22 18:15:58

Next Prime Minister?
I’d vote for him over the others any day grin

Dinahmo Sat 09-Jul-22 18:20:35

Marina Hyde - amusing as ever. One or two have dropped out of the leadership race since this was written.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/08/boris-johnson-out-resignation-tory

Dinahmo Sat 09-Jul-22 18:21:34

Whitewavemark2

I wonder if this is true?

Petronella Wyatt
@PetronellaWyatt
A source at Number 10 tells me that Boris Johnson intends to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday, in order to run for the Tory leadership.

I wouldn't put it past him. But would he make it to the final 2? If he did I bet the Tory Party members would chose him.

Iam64 Sat 09-Jul-22 18:49:13

I agree, Johnson is capable of standing as Tory leader.

lemsip Sat 09-Jul-22 19:07:39

In the news two days ago!
Boris Johnson has resigned as Conservative leader

Ailidh Sat 09-Jul-22 19:07:42

Dinahmo

Marina Hyde - amusing as ever. One or two have dropped out of the leadership race since this was written.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/08/boris-johnson-out-resignation-tory

Much enjoyed reading that. All her thumbnail sketches were great.

Has anyone else noticed that the picture of Nadhim Zahawi on the BBC news app makes him look like Ming the Merciless?

Lucca Sun 10-Jul-22 05:08:31

Dinahmo

Such a good article !