News & politics

Resignation speech

(191 Posts)
Stephanie48 Thu 07-Jul-22 12:31:55

Live now - resignation speech

BlueBelle Thu 07-Jul-22 14:20:31

Isn’t that what narcissists do parsley always put the blame on someone else
You know, they bash you in the eye and say ‘look what you made me do’
I just wish he had taken all those others nasties with him Pritti Patel leading the March

flump Thu 07-Jul-22 14:24:48

Check out the statement Johnson made in 2010 about Gordon Brown. It has been resurrected by several papers and could be applied to himself now. smile

Parsley3 Thu 07-Jul-22 14:26:16

It is indeed BlueBelle. He was true to himself with his
A big boy did it and ran away mentality.

Parsley3 Thu 07-Jul-22 14:28:59

I fear for Ukraine now he’s gone because the rest of Europe couldn’t care less.

Really? I think Poland might care just a bit.

allule Thu 07-Jul-22 14:37:48

Steve Baker said the reason they chose him was because he was the only one who could beat Corbyn.
Such a good way to choosers a Prime Minister!

Daisend1 Thu 07-Jul-22 14:49:40

Am I to be 'shot down' for even daring to believe hmmbetter the ---- etc etc .

Esspee Thu 07-Jul-22 14:56:35

Daisend1

Am I to be 'shot down' for even daring to believe hmmbetter the ---- etc etc .

You can't be serious?

RichmondPark Thu 07-Jul-22 15:00:33

I've lived with a narcissist and that speech so reminded me of that. You never get a feeling the person is sorry or has even really understood what they've done wrong. They never respond as you would expect a normal person to. Never humble, never shamed, never honest, never their fault.

You long for a satisfying feeling of closure, you look forward to it but it never comes. The narcissist can never quite give you that. There's always the feeling there's more manipulation to come. That's how they reassure themself that they are right and they still have power over you.

TwiceAsNice Thu 07-Jul-22 15:04:55

Don’t be so damn patronising FarNorth! I am calm thank you but obviously not entitled to have an opinion. Also I know there are lots choices but Keir Starmer is the labour one if he wins an election. Of course Poland cares it lives next door and has been super supportive of Ukraine. I’m not sure I would say the same of Germany Italy or France and that is a pity

Boz Thu 07-Jul-22 15:06:39

Apparently, John Major has written to the backbench committee about the grave mustake of leaving Johnson in Downing Street for this interim period. I wonder if a deal was done whereby he got this period of time to leave in exchange for the Resignation. Anyway, he should go immediatelly. We have a deputy PM, don't we? How can we move on with him still sitting at his desk. Probably plotting.

Mamie Thu 07-Jul-22 15:10:31

Well there are 18,000 Ukrainian children enrolled in French schools TwiceAsNice. Don't suppose that has been in the UK press.

Mamie Thu 07-Jul-22 15:14:27

Agree it was a dreadful speech. Ungracious, unrepentant and everyone else's fault.
A nasty piece of work indeed.

Happygirl79 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:18:30

Surely bringing theresa may back as a caretaker would be preferable to Raab standing up?

Calendargirl Thu 07-Jul-22 15:19:55

Well, he read it out well.

No bumbling and erring.

Sounded very confident.

(His insides must have been like jelly).

TillyTrotter Thu 07-Jul-22 15:20:39

We anticipated 100,000 Ukrainian children entering our U.K. schools in a report earlier this year.
Our population is almost identical to France’s and they live in a much larger area.
We are not doing too shabbily.

Happygirl79 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:20:49

But Boris must go now not hang on to do more damage. Surely they will see that?

Susie42 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:23:27

I wonder how long Carrie will hang round once he finally goes.

vegansrock Thu 07-Jul-22 15:26:22

The EU flag is flying proudly in the Ukraine parliament.

MayBee70 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:28:23

Calendargirl

Well, he read it out well.

No bumbling and erring.

Sounded very confident.

(His insides must have been like jelly).

Which shows that his usual bumbling is, like everything about him, just a charade. I’ve known people who are liars. They lie so well that people believe them because they believe the lies themselves. I can’t believe that someone like that has become PM of this country. We must now have a written constitution.

winterwhite Thu 07-Jul-22 15:36:53

I expect he'd been rehearsing it for hours. It was a speech aimed at tory voters in the constituencies and no one else, so of course it was written the way it was.

HousePlantQueen Thu 07-Jul-22 15:36:59

Anyone who had been living under a stone for the past few months would have thought they were watching a triumphant handover speech, not someone who was supposedly being forced to resign for lying, forcing others to lie for him, treasonous behaviour, having all their staff resign due to lack of trust etc. Her nibs standing there stroking the baby's head was nauseous, as was all the sycophantic crowd led by JRM. Disgraceful episode. The whole stinking lot of them need to go. But they won't.

Jaberwok Thu 07-Jul-22 15:45:14

Why on earth wouldn't Carrie be there? Phillip May was there when Theresa resigned, Samantha Cameron also complete with children ditto Gordon Brown and of course TBlair again both complete with children . All I would say to the Tories is, be careful what you wish for.

Jaberwok Thu 07-Jul-22 15:48:33

Excellent speech.

Mamie Thu 07-Jul-22 15:52:32

TillyTrotter according to DfE figures there are currently 10,000 children, so not sure where 100,000 comes into it.

TillyTrotter Thu 07-Jul-22 16:02:05

This was my source Mamie but I apologise if that is inaccurate and the number is closer to 10,000.