Gransnet forums

News & politics

Holly and Phil- do we care?

(83 Posts)
vegansrock Fri 23-Sep-22 07:55:58

Seems like Holly and Phil are at the centre of unpleasant Twitter storm. This is after — They posted selfies with Boris Johnson
-Made the cost of living crisis up into a trivial game show
- Went to the Queen’s lying in state without queuing ( apparently they are “journalists”)
I’m no fan and never watch morning TV, but do we really care about these people? Are they just airheads?

Doodledog Sat 24-Sep-22 00:48:23

FannyCornforth

HurdyGurdy don’t forget that no one knowswho Phil and Holly are are; let alone cares who Phil and Holly are; indeed never watches daytime tv, and actually, never watches itv altogether.
And they don’t read The Daily Mail either.

No, I've noticed that. Nobody fritters away spare time by chatting online either, do they? We're all very industrious on here.

Oh. wink

FannyCornforth Sat 24-Sep-22 02:10:42

I forgot that one Doodledog grin

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got far more important and high minded things that I must be getting on with…

NanaAng14 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:41:00

I think it's quite funny to say " I m not interested, I don't watch them " .
So why bother posting ??

timetogo2016 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:48:06

I totaly agree with you MaizieD.

silverlining48 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:51:48

Maybe to let people know that not everyone watches or are bothered by a couple of tv presenters. Otherwise if the only people who post are interested then it might be thought that we are ALL interested ( when some couldn’t give a tinkers cuss). grin

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Sep-22 08:53:18

NanaAng14

I think it's quite funny to say " I m not interested, I don't watch them " .
So why bother posting ??

They’re answering the question in the title - do we care?. It’d be a bit odd if only those answering yes were allowed to post.

Callistemon21 Sat 24-Sep-22 10:46:27

FannyCornforth

I forgot that one Doodledog grin

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got far more important and high minded things that I must be getting on with…

I was going to make a cake but reading Gransnet instead does save on calories!