Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour Party policy beginning to be formed

(132 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 11:13:11

First.

Railways to be nationalised.

How will this be done? Gradually over a period of time - as contracts run out the rail line will be taken into public ownership.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 11:24:26

Most of the rail companies in the U.K. are owned by foreign states, like France, Germany and Italy.

The billions of profit, will go towards upgrading rather than in shareholders pockets.

Ilovecheese Mon 26-Sep-22 12:07:35

Now that is good news. A sensible policy that will actually be useful.
Good to see Starmer distancing himself from Tory party policy, and giving real reasons to vote Labour.
I hope he continues to do so.

Ilovecheese Mon 26-Sep-22 12:08:33

I've never really understood why anyone thinks our services are better owned by other country's Governments rather than our own.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 12:08:57

Fracking will be banned and investment will be heavily made into renewables.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 12:09:42

The 45% tax will be reinstated for the wealthy.

Daisymae Mon 26-Sep-22 12:16:38

They are certainly sounding like the next government.

Anniebach Mon 26-Sep-22 12:18:36

After so long a time I have now have hopes of Labour winning the General Election

Prentice Mon 26-Sep-22 12:22:03

I have recorded to watch later, but good news about the railways certainly and fracking I am worried about I must say.
I am sure Anniebach that in two years there will be a Labour government again, it has been a very long time has it not?

Blinko Mon 26-Sep-22 12:37:13

If Labour can't win the next GE with what's going on at the moment, Heaven help us all! Come on Sir Keir, get on with it!

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 12:45:15

Rachel Reeves - blimey! I must watch her speech again, there is so much in it!

So much business support.

So much support for the workers.

Such a wide ranging far sighted speech.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 12:53:32

Clear blue water now between the Tories and labour.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 13:07:44

Small business federation spokesman.

Very positive and supportive of all the labour plans, and pleased to be in partnership with Labour.

Summysoom Mon 26-Sep-22 13:14:51

But does the Labour Party know what a woman is? Politically homeless until they do. If they tell me that a woman is an adult human female and that they will protect women and girls’ private spaces, they’ll get my vote.

Casdon Mon 26-Sep-22 13:30:41

Summysoom

But does the Labour Party know what a woman is? Politically homeless until they do. If they tell me that a woman is an adult human female and that they will protect women and girls’ private spaces, they’ll get my vote.

?

Mollygo Mon 26-Sep-22 13:38:52

Summysoom

Sorry, Summysoom.
In the grand scheme of things, that will come a long way down the list as it’s not a big enough vote catcher. You will have noticed that your views are already derided as ? even on GN.

CatsCatsCats Mon 26-Sep-22 13:45:43

Very good policies indeed. And this is from somebody who doesn't vote as 'they're all as bad as each other'.

If Labour only vow to end the badger cull, and put lots of other policies in to benefit nature/wildlife, and make it very expensive for farmers who insist on using devastating agricultural practices, etc, etc, then I might break the habit of a lifetime and vote for them.

Iam64 Mon 26-Sep-22 13:45:56

I’m away no news so thanks whitewave and posters here
There isn’t a single train seat from Manchester to London available next week
Andy Burnham been shouting but as it’s all privately owned, who cares. £350 for return Manchester- London
That’ll be levelling up then
Come on labour ?

LizzieDrip Mon 26-Sep-22 15:41:46

Yes Summysoom, the Labour Party does know what a woman is. Move on!

LizzieDrip Mon 26-Sep-22 15:45:32

And this is from somebody who doesn't vote as 'they're all as bad as each other'.

REALLY! I’d be ashamed of myself.

grannypiper Mon 26-Sep-22 15:52:13

Until Keir can do the following, 1, go in front of a camera and state that a woman was born female, 2,get rid of Rayner my vote will not go to the Labour party.

Wyllow3 Mon 26-Sep-22 15:54:40

Anniebach

After so long a time I have now have hopes of Labour winning the General Election

I hope so passionately.

LizzieDrip Mon 26-Sep-22 16:02:56

Until Keir can do the following, 1, go in front of a camera and state that a woman was born female, 2,get rid of Rayner my vote will not go to the Labour party.

So, you would risk the prosperity and well-being of the entire nation, and generations to come, on the basis of those two reasons. For the love of God …!

grannypiper Mon 26-Sep-22 16:40:30

LizzieDrip 1 i care about my Granddaughters safety. 2 that woman would do more harm than good.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 26-Sep-22 16:50:47

Lisa Nandy

Emphasis on social housing. The housing stock is to be added to.